Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash
    Miggy has been raking at Norfolk, hitting .449.

vCash
    8ip, 1h, 0r, 9k, 1bb, 11gb, 2fo.

100 pitches, 68 strikes

Tillman's stat line tonight. Very impressive.

vCash
    Tillman with one walk in 8 innings??? That is not what unused to from him. I've always said if he could have some control he could be a good starter...he did almost no hit the rangers.
    Orioles
    Eagles
    Bulls

vCash
    Yup, I think Peterson is really having a positive affect on him though. Peterson speaked highly of him a while back and said he would be in the majors this year. I hope he gets it going, that would mean a lot. He has good stuff, control is his problem like you mentioned. 2 straight good starts, keep it going Tillman.

vCash
    Here's what an Oriole fan that watched him had to say about how he looked:

1. FB still flat/straight, but easy velocity that actually got stronger as the game went on. Sitting 93-95 in the eight inning. Some foul balls, but very little solid contact off of it. I don't think the gun was hot, as Dice-K was at 90 or so.

2. Sole hit was a liner up the middle for a single.

3. Command still somewhat spotty on his FB, but he appeared to get low when he wanted to and he was working in-and-out of a relatively neutral-to-ungenerous strike zone. That said, he still zoned in on low-and-away on his FB, for the most part, only occasionally trying to come in under the hands or go up in the zone (intentionally, not from over-throwing).

4. Threw what appeared to be four other pitches (besides his FB), but heavily relied upon FB/curve. He threw a big-breaking, 11-5 curve in the mid-to-upper 70s, a slider-like, harder curve in the 80s, a cutter/SL (looked more like a cutter), and very few change-ups, that I saw. He didn't locate the cutter well, but it was relatively effective. He used the curve in two ways: as a change-of-pace off his FB and burying it in the dirt for a third strike.

5. His motion still isn't smooth, but it's not effortful, either. His velocity looks very real.

6. He started off slowly, w/ somewhat diminished velo and command, but got better inning-by-inning.

7. No loud outs.

vCash
    Roch Kubatko ‏@masnRoch
    And Manny Machado is starting at 3B for Bowie, with Schoop at SS. Interesting

vCash
    I get why we would move Machado to third but why move Schoop to second? Is B-Rob still there? I thought he moved to Delmarva.
    Orioles
    Eagles
    Bulls

vCash
    Glad to see these guys doing ok. Hope others step up

vCash
    We have no great attention in depth domain. Schoop is hell although too much prospect.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hustleloyrspct View Post
    I get why we would move Machado to third but why move Schoop to second? Is B-Rob still there? I thought he moved to Delmarva.
    Roberts in Norfolk now. They played in Rochester last night, I should have went. Roberts, Avery and Tejada played, with Britton starting.

vCash
    The key to Tillman is his velocity. If his velocity is up, he can be effective. If it's where it was, I hope he doesn't get called up.

vCash
    Well, luckily I believe it has been up AND he has been getting better command, although still a little crazy at times.

vCash
    NICKY DELMONICO NAMED TO SAL ALL-STAR TEAM

Orioles prospect will start at first base for Northern Division team

Salisbury, Md. – The Delmarva Shorebirds, class “A” affiliate of the Baltimore Orioles, are pleased to announce that first baseman Nicky Delmonico has been named to the South Atlantic League Northern Division All-Star Team. Delmonico is the lone player representative to make the mid-season classic this season. Shorebirds athletic trainer Will Lawhorn was selected the athletic trainer for the Northern Division.

The 53rd annual South Atlantic League All-Star Game will be held at Joseph P. Riley, Jr. Park in Charleston, South Carolina. The Charleston RiverDogs are the hosts of the event. The actual all-star game will be contested on June 19. Festivities, including the home run derby, will be held between June 18-20.

Delmonico, 19, leads the Shorebirds in several major statistical categories including: doubles (15), home runs (5), hits (53), runs-batted-in (33) and total bases (83). The Knoxville, Tennessee native has 16 multi-hit games and has reached base in 45 of 54 games played this season.

After batting .247 in April, Delmonico posted an improved May average of .280 with 14 RBIs.

The sixth round draft pick in 2011 reached base in 20 consecutive games between April 17 and May 11. During the time frame, he batted .338 (25-for-74).

Delmonico has shown tremendous durability during the first half of the season. He has played in 54 of the Shorebirds 57 games through June 4 and has played in 40 straight games dating back to April 24.

Lawhorn, second year Shorebirds athletic trainer, was voted the athletic trainer for the Northern Division. Lawhorn served as the athletic trainer for the 2011 South Atlantic League All-Star Game at Arthur W. Perdue Stadium.

For tickets and more information about the 2012 South Atlantic League All-Star Game, contact the Charleston RiverDogs at 843-723-7241.
    I like this guy a lot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolvesjagsfan10 View Post
    I like this guy a lot.
    You're not the only one. I have him a live Schoop in my minor league ranking. He could be our third baseman in a few years.
    Orioles
    Eagles
    Bulls

vCash
    Definitely. He just needs to find a position and stick at it though. Hes been playin 1st.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast