Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Possible Harden, J. Smith to Houston trade scenario?

Okay, so as a Houston Rockets fan I've come up with a few trade scenarios of which I'm personally not sure if they're realistic at all. Personally, I could see something like this working out for all teams and most of all, I'd love something like this to happen as a Rockets fan.

Firstly

HOU trades:
    Kyle Lowry
    Luís Scola
    Chase Budinger
    Future 1st round pick

for

ATL trades:
    Josh Smith
    Jeff Teague

I could totally see something like this work out for both sides. Firstly for Atlanta because of the acquirance of a guard like Lowry, which is in my opinion a definate upgrade over Jeff Teague at both ends of the floor, and a guard whose style would fit Atlanta's perfect. Secondly because someone like Scola would be an excellent fit to play alongside Horford, with his post presence and good midrange game. Budinger is a real solid player, he can hit the three or take it to the hoop. He can developed into a decent player if given the playing time and proper coaching. The pick I've included because I'm not sure if Atlanta would do it without a first rounder being included in the deal. If somehow Hawks sign a SF like Batum that team would be crazy. Lowry/Johnson/Budinger/Scola/Horford

It's obvious why it would help Houston out. Downgrading at PG, but a huge upgrade at the PF and acquiring legit star player.

Secondly:

Houston trades:

Patrick Patterson
    Courtney Lee
    Samuel Dalembert
    Future first round pick

for

OKC trades:

James Harden
    Nick Collison

This would be a solid trade in terms of talent that is being acquired by both teams. James Harden is a legit go-to guy and it could really work out well for Houston to have him and Josh Smith playing alongside eachother.

For OKC the trade might even be better. They get Patterson, who has the potential to be a real star and maybe even more important: he has a post-game, which he can only improve upon in the future and that way bring OKC that depth they're currently lacking. Along with that a legit starter at SG that can defend almost any wing player in the league and a decent back-up center to compete with Perkins. The pick is included to make up for the potential superstar-power the Thunder give up by losing Harden. Leaves OKC with a possible WB/Lee/Durant/Patterson/Ibaka or WB/Lee/Durant/Ibaka/Perkins and Patterson & Dalembert off the bench.

All this would mean Houston would be left with a rotation of:

Teague/Dragic (if resigned)/
    Harden/Martin
    Parsons/Morris
    Josh Smith/Collison
    Camby (if resigned)/Greg Smith

If somehow Martin could be traded for some depth at other positions as well as a decent back-up SG, that would be great. Along with the upcoming draft for which Houston has 3 picks that could potentially include 2 lottery picks, the Rockets might become legit contenders in less then a year. What you guys think? Do any of the trades here even have the slightest chance to succeed?
    Last edited by BSardogan; 04-08-2012 at 02:46 PM.

vCash
    Maybe the first trade, but not the second trade.

vCash
    Hahahah at the 2nd deal

Harden>>>>>>

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by samevans7 View Post
    Hahahah at the 2nd deal

Harden>>>>>>
    Thanks for sharing that. We know. I'm just saying that Patterson has a whole lot of potential too, and eventhough Harden's ceiling is way higher than his, Pat is just what OKC needs. No one on that whole OKC team even knows what a dreamshake is, probably. Pat has post-game which will only developed over the next few years to come.

Lee is a really underrated player and most of all defender too, and in a rotation where Durant and Westbrook will take most of the shots and Lee gets a defensive role where he ocassionally has to hit the open three, he is actually one of the best options there is to play alongside KD and WB. Lastly OKC has no one at center to back-up Perkins other than Nazr Mohammed, so Dalembert would really help them out in terms of depth too.

Ur turn again.

vCash
    No to the Second Deal. Harden is worth much more.
    Broncos be like:

vCash
    lol @ the second deal

vCash
    Maybe something like Kevin Martin, Samuel Dalembert, Patrick Patterson and a 1st for Harden and Perkins.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmsterNat View Post
    How unsurprising. Dude, give up trying to argue with valade. He cut you into little pieces, had you for breakfast, and shat you out.
    Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Valade you have totally owned this thread. Well done
    My fanbase is growing.

vCash
    The 2nd trade is dildos

vCash
    lmao....from okc fan point of view....if there is one guy i truly don't want to be traded, this guy is James Harden, probably before Durant (yes, i know, this can be shocking) but james is so so so important in our team. He's a terrific BASKETBALL player, doing everything with efficiency !
    you want him for patterson ? comon man but i was happy to laught this morning lol

vCash
    First trade looks good, second would never happen. Also nice avatar

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BSardogan View Post
    Thanks for sharing that. We know. I'm just saying that Patterson has a whole lot of potential too, and eventhough Harden's ceiling is way higher than his, Pat is just what OKC needs. No one on that whole OKC team even knows what a dreamshake is, probably. Pat has post-game which will only developed over the next few years to come.

Lee is a really underrated player and most of all defender too, and in a rotation where Durant and Westbrook will take most of the shots and Lee gets a defensive role where he ocassionally has to hit the open three, he is actually one of the best options there is to play alongside KD and WB. Lastly OKC has no one at center to back-up Perkins other than Nazr Mohammed, so Dalembert would really help them out in terms of depth too.

Ur turn again.
    OKC values harden way more than anything you offered plain and simple... also i see your an arsenal fan you should check out the soccer forum on psd