Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

The Lavy Appreciation Thread

I really think Lavy has done a nice job with the team since he was brought in. The man knows how to coach. Speaking as a coach (soccer and wrestling) some coaches have it and some don't; now, I'm not saying the coaches that "don't have it" can't coach or even be successful coaches.

I figured we have a friggin' Tortorella thread, we sure as hell need a Lavy thread.

Lavs has done his part in making it personal with the Penguins..todays game is about staying healthy, but continuing to get inside the fragile minds of Crosby and his softer than Downy Detergent crew.

vCash
    best.thread.ever.

until there is a thread were the nhl admits favoritism for the pens(which'll never happen)

lol bryz

vCash
    words cannot describe how valuable Lavy has been to this team.

vCash
    I especially like the choice to sit Giroux and Bryzgalov today. It gives us an opportunity to play up the mind games with Sid and Malkin and prevents the Pens from getting anything on Giroux or Bryz. Even if we lose we still have 5-1 record in Pittsburgh to carry into the first round and there wont be much of a panic because we were missing two of our biggest pieces. It also gives two of the guys we will be leaning on heavily to start focusing on the playoffs.

vCash
    Lavy has to be the best coach having players play above their potential. Having a 4-2 record and sitting G and Bryz has to mess a little with the Pens mind. I say call a time-out 2 minutes into game 1 and really mess with them!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    words cannot describe how valuable Lavy has been to this team.
    Pretty much true..without our fearless leader, Pronger, it amplifies Lavy's role for the season. I wish I could be in the locker rooms during some of these intermissions to hear some of his lectures.

vCash

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by thPrizedFighter View Post
    I really think Lavy has done a nice job with the team since he was brought in. The man knows how to coach.
    Speaking as a coach (soccer and wrestling) some coaches have it and some don't; now, I'm not saying the coaches that "don't have it" can't coach or even be successful coaches.

I figured we have a friggin' Tortorella thread, we sure as hell need a Lavy thread.

Lavs has done his part in making it personal with the Penguins..todays game is about staying healthy, but continuing to get inside the fragile minds of Crosby and his softer than Downy Detergent crew.
    Actually is good!!!

vCash
    I love Lavy as a coach. I wasn't sure when the brought him in, but once again, Homer proved he was the best GM in the league by bringing in the /right/ coach for the Philadelphia Flyers.
    <Meaning and Content>

...And did you see that Giroux goal?

vCash
    I know hindsight is 20/20, but I truly loved the move the day the Flyers brought Lavy in. Getting a guy with a Cup on his resume is one thing, but the guy just looks like a monster. Seriously, would you wanna make him angry? Love his fire, love his loyalty, love the way he backs his guys. He's going to be loved in this town for as long as our kids know hockey.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IWantPizza View Post
    I know hindsight is 20/20, but I truly loved the move the day the Flyers brought Lavy in. Getting a guy with a Cup on his resume is one thing, but the guy just looks like a monster. Seriously, would you wanna make him angry? Love his fire, love his loyalty, love the way he backs his guys. He's going to be loved in this town for as long as our kids know hockey.
    Right on!

Idk what type of contract we gave him....but it needs to be made long-term if it isn't already.

vCash
    Laviolette <3

I think that about sums it up for me, I just hope Homer feels the same way

vCash
    I think Laviolette is in the final season of his contract....so he'll be in line for a nice contract extension from the team this offseason...

vCash
    Lavy is great coach. +1

vCash
    Lavs is a genius. Coaxing our team to the epic comeback against the Bruins two seasons ago. And now this great one...keep it up Lavy

vCash
    Lavy has an uncanny knack for calling a timeout at just the right time and seems to ALWAYS say the right things to the players to turn things around in a game....Whatever he said in between the first and second period....it worked AGAIN....Awesome, awesome comeback...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast