Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Will the Suns be a top 8 seed after tonight?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 66.67%
  • No

1 33.33%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sunsfan88 View Post
    You still think Gentry is a good HC?

Maybe you should start watching the games instead of settling for highlights.

Gentry makes the worst substitutions in the NBA and NEVER EVER sticks with the lineup that's working. Its almost like this guy's paid to make us lose and tank games. I feel bad for the players cause they deserve to win but a tool like Gentry won't let it happen.
    I still think he is a great head coach. Let's just wait and see what they do to the rockets when we play them. The better team won yesterday, and there record speaks for itself. People only see that Sebastian came in and kept us in the game, but don't seem to realize the last two shots he shot was ugly. If we wouldve kept Telfair in the game, and we lost would you be saying the same thing. There is always someone to play, but for you it's the coach. My mentality is coaches coach, players play. It's not how you play, it's how you respond to a loss. So we will see.

vCash
    I have no doubt that we will beat the Rockets on Friday. That doesn't make Gentry a great HC.

Nash and Grant definitely want to make playoffs and for guys like Telfair, Redd, Gortat, Brown, this is their first opportunity to make the playoffs with Phoenix. Their gonna be going all out.

And yea Telfair's last 2 shots were ugly so are you telling me that if a player shoots 2 bad shots then he should be instantly taken out of the game? So if we had shot those two shots in the beginning of the 4th QTR, then Nash should have immediately came back in and finished out the 4th QTR?

Guys make mistakes. The good things that Telfair did on the court Wednesday easily out number the bad things that he did.

NASH WAS -21 WHEN HE WAS THE COURT WHILE TELFAIR WAS +10! What does that tell you?

Even if the analysts at NBA.COM agree that Gentry is awful.

"BAD MOVE: The Grizzlies had what seemed to be a comfortable 80-72 lead going into the fourth quarter. That was before the Suns' second unit of Sebastian Telfair, Michael Redd, Markieff Morris, Josh Childress and Robin Lopez managed to give their team an 83-81 lead. That unit was down just 89-87 with 6:17 to go when Gentry went back with his starters. Memphis then scored six straight points and the Suns never got closer than four."

http://www.nba.com/games/20120411/PH...#nbaGIboxscore
    Last edited by sunsfan88; 04-12-2012 at 09:05 PM.

vCash
    Haha. Nash and Grant don't want to make the playoffs. That's a first. Though I do think gentry should've stayed with his bench, I don't think he is a bad coach. Look at the players he has, even Nash said they weren't that talented. What he has done is take a bunch of bench players, and made them into a good team that are close to reaching the playoffs. Did you expect us to be playing like we are right now. Without gentry, Telfair would've never been playing.

vCash
    My bad I meant to say Nash and Grant do want to make playoffs. Not sure what happened there.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345