Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    vCash
    I'd take a second Schenn for the third pairing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by crzyhawk View Post
    I could honestly see us picking up Luke Schenn this offseason. I think his price is going to have come down considerably since Wilson's essentially ruined him, and he'll need a fresh start.
    If the Flyers can pick him up for cheap (from what I hear the fan-base over there now hates Schenn and wouldnt mind seeing him gone) then I say take him as a project. He needs work with his fundamentals, but the potential and talent is there. And when I say cheap, I mean cheap. maybe 1 prospect, or a low pick, but thats it. Anymor

And as I look at the cap, no way the Flyers can afford Timonen, Briere, Hartnell, AND Sutter. only 3 of those names can coexist on this team.

I believe Cubs nailed it above, he's going to Detroit. They have almost 5 million in cap, and if Lidstrom retires will become over 11 million in cap to spend on his replacement. And they give him a great opportunity to win.

vCash
    Schenn makes close to 4 million, be careful what you wish for because he is a bust. Not only does he turn it over, he gets out of position. If we have a hate for Carle and Bourdon now, Schenn will just replace them as a lightening rod. Don't be fooled by the 5th overall pick he used to be and Braden is light years ahead in ability. luke would be no more then a 2nd rounder straight-up in a trade but the leafs overvalue him. Rather work in Gus or let Bartulis try figuring it out.

vCash
    ^ agree....we have the only Schenn we need..

Gust has impressed me..I'd like to see hi replace Carle..replacing Pronger is the bigger concern as we probably won't be able to do that in house.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thPrizedFighter View Post
    ^ agree....we have the only Schenn we need..

Gust has impressed me..I'd like to see hi replace Carle..replacing Pronger is the bigger concern as we probably won't be able to do that in house.
    Grossman is the closest thing we have to Pronger on this team. Similar playing style in that he is a big stay at home guy that hits and blocks shots he just doesn't have the offensive out put. If anyone is replacing Carle it is Marc Andre-Bourdon the organization is higher on him than Gus. Hence why he started Game 1.
    Last edited by ryguy553; 04-14-2012 at 05:18 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234