Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Grossman Signs Extension

BREAKING NEWS: The Flyers and defenseman Nicklas Grossmann have agreed to a multiple-year contract extension.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jc27 View Post
    BREAKING NEWS: The Flyers and defenseman Nicklas Grossmann have agreed to a multiple-year contract extension.
    shut up

EDIT: OMG its on Sam Carchidi's twitter!

http://twitter.com/#!/BroadStBull

http://philly.sbnation.com/2012/4/6/...ulti-year-deal

no details on the terms. If it looks anything like 5 years 20 million, I will **** bricks
    Last edited by Randall Stevens; 04-06-2012 at 05:20 PM.

vCash
    I have one reply that sums up what EVERY Flyers fan felt when they heard this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYzOQFpGPYE

vCash
    this is AWESOME.

when i heard this, i almost did this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWnD0ANVWlU

vCash
    Lol I did my happy dance

vCash
    Great news!

We've been going overboard with the youtube links lately.
    [IMG]http://********.com/image.php?u=80452&type=sigpic&dateline=1310177540[/IMG]
    Remember

vCash
    Grossmann signing is for 4 years $14 million

thats a $3.5 million cap hit for 4 years. Paul Holmgren IS THE MAN

vCash
    Excellent re-singing on his part. It's a cost saver too in case he has a monster playoff. Homer is the best GM in the league hands down.
    <Meaning and Content>

...And did you see that Giroux goal?

vCash
    We all like Grossman, he's played well and given the defense a little bit of a makeover here. Definitely glad he's staying. However, I'd stop short of giving Homer credit for a genius signing. If the number is 3.5 million per I'd say that's pretty much the going rate for what he does. Let's be honest, for all the good Grossmann appears to do out there he's still only got 47 points in his CAREER....that's about 10 points per season..

Yes, I do realize that isn't his game and I"m fine with what he does bring...but the guys that can put up points are the ones that get the big money deals. So while it's good, I don't view it as some big cost saver for us, just a good solid signing.

That said, I'm glad he's back.
    Last edited by Hatch; 04-06-2012 at 11:44 PM.

vCash
    I, personally, think a defensemen in hockey is comparable to a catcher in the MLB. Again this is all how I view their importance, offense for a defensemen in hockey is only a bonus, as how offense for a catcher is a bonus. Obviously, I don't want Jose Molina at catcher, but any hockey defensemen that can be Carlos Ruiz is fine by me. Understand how to shut down the opposition and chip in points every once in awhile is excellent.

so, good sign.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    I, personally, think a defensemen in hockey is comparable to a catcher in the MLB. Again this is all how I view their importance, offense for a defensemen in hockey is only a bonus, as how offense for a catcher is a bonus. Obviously, I don't want Jose Molina at catcher, but any hockey defensemen that can be Carlos Ruiz is fine by me. Understand how to shut down the opposition and chip in points every once in awhile is excellent.

so, good sign.
    I Don't really disagree. My point was more about the dollars. They defenseman who put up points as well are the ones that get the big contracts. I like the signing, but have to stop short of calling it a great value or cost saver somewhere...

Least the first part of my prediction is correct

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post

so, good sign.
    couldn't agree more. There's 3 other guys on the ice who get paid big bucks to score goals.

Matt Carle is expecting 5-6.5 million because he's a skating defensemen and can contribute to the offense (lol or so he thinks). Honestly, would you rather have 6 Matt Carle's or 6 Grossmann's?

vCash
    I like et

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    We all like Grossman, he's played well and given the defense a little bit of a makeover here. Definitely glad he's staying. However, I'd stop short of giving Homer credit for a genius signing. If the number is 3.5 million per I'd say that's pretty much the going rate for what he does. Let's be honest, for all the good Grossmann appears to do out there he's still only got 47 points in his CAREER....that's about 10 points per season..

Yes, I do realize that isn't his game and I"m fine with what he does bring...but the guys that can put up points are the ones that get the big money deals. So while it's good, I don't view it as some big cost saver for us, just a good solid signing.

That said, I'm glad he's back.
    Ten points a season, I agree it's not flashy at all but it's not his job to put up points. Also, in the 20 somewhat games he has worn the Orange and black, he has put up six points and shown some competency pinching But this is not the point I'm making. i'm not sure how old you are but remember Rod Langway from the Caps? He won a norris trophy being a stay at home, net clearing physical force. Now, I'm not comparing Grossmann to Langway but he is the lower tier brand of that player. Langway is also a HofFer if I'm not mistaken. In today's market, with these accomplishments, I guarantee Langway is a 6mil per defenseman. At 3.5, he is a pretty good signing and one that is delivering for this team. Remember a month back you all wanted Luke Schenn? I see him up here enough to have a bit of credibility. He is making more than Grossmann and is on the bench, giving the puck away and not nearly the physical force. Holmgren made a swift and savvy deal here, I believe in this system Grossman can put up 15-20 in a good season. No accident Bryz has been much better with this guy clearing the sight lines for him-so there is a bit of an impact around IMO.

I will agree with you on cost saving. In this league, there is no such thin as saving, only great deals and this is a solid one!

vCash
    *Grossmann

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast