Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    vCash
    Harry Z has been a total waste of a spot in this game. I'm not sure whether they were expecting him to tip the scale in the Flyers' favor physically or just give a good effort as a fill-in for Giroux, but either way, he hasn't done it.
    [IMG]http://********.com/image.php?u=80452&type=sigpic&dateline=1310177540[/IMG]
    Remember

vCash
    Game.

Bring on the playoffs! Pittsburgh can have that one, we'll take 4 out of the next 7.
    [IMG]http://********.com/image.php?u=80452&type=sigpic&dateline=1310177540[/IMG]
    Remember

vCash
    Worst call was the one on Jagr, when Letang faked a hook and dove, and Jagr wasn't even holding his stick anymore...

...And the refs bought it

vCash
    What a buzz kill. I was expecting last weekend for this Saturday's game to match that intensity and be a preview of the playoffs instead it was a snooze fest because of the way we played to end the season losing 3 straight at home 2 to definite inferior opponents (Ottawa, Tampa). Oh well they have no one to blame but themselves.

vCash
    I want this series so mother effin bad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodandNails View Post
    Harry Z has been a total waste of a spot in this game. I'm not sure whether they were expecting him to tip the scale in the Flyers' favor physically or just give a good effort as a fill-in for Giroux, but either way, he hasn't done it.
    I totally agree very disappointed in his play and WTF was he doing fighting Vitale ? Gave them momentum early and they never looked back..I wanted someone who could fight to kick the living **** out of Vitale right away cause you just new the cheating refs would give a game misconduct to whom ever fights and kicks Vitale *** so make sure you **** that cheap shot up....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ryguy553 View Post
    What a buzz kill. I was expecting last weekend for this Saturday's game to match that intensity and be a preview of the playoffs instead it was a snooze fest because of the way we played to end the season losing 3 straight at home 2 to definite inferior opponents (Ottawa, Tampa). Oh well they have no one to blame but themselves.
    They finished the year with a 1-game winning "streak." You're forgetting a win against a surging Buffalo team.

And what did you expect? Both teams were locked into their playoff spots. Regardless of the teams involved, this game wasn't going to have a playoff feel, because all either team had to gain was injuries.

Wednesday will be fun.
    Remember

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodandNails View Post
    They finished the year with a 1-game winning "streak." You're forgetting a win against a surging Buffalo team.

And what did you expect? Both teams were locked into their playoff spots. Regardless of the teams involved, this game wasn't going to have a playoff feel, because all either team had to gain was injuries.

Wednesday will be fun.
    I was expecting them to beat some mediocre to lousy teams at home at the end of the year I guess. Once they got within 1 of Pittsburgh I was hoping they could at least hold serve where that final game would mean something. But with the way they play at home maybe starting off on the road is best who knows. They have not been very good on home ice this season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ryguy553 View Post
    I was expecting them to beat some mediocre to lousy teams at home at the end of the year I guess. Once they got within 1 of Pittsburgh I was hoping they could at least hold serve where that final game would mean something. But with the way they play at home maybe starting off on the road is best who knows. They have not been very good on home ice this season.
    What?

Home 22-13-6
    Away 25-13-3

They are virtually identical home/away.

vCash
    Was it just me or did anyone think that there was no reason Rinaldo deserved a 5 minute major and a 10 minute game misconduct? It wasn't anything worse than what normally happens when colliding to prevent an icing...
    On Dan Bylsma:

I can remember being on such a perch, or at least trying to climb over the boards to get at somebody to make a point. And I thought Dan Bylsma should have taken off his skirt and gone over there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Itztheshiznt View Post
    Was it just me or did anyone think that there was no reason Rinaldo deserved a 5 minute major and a 10 minute game misconduct? It wasn't anything worse than what normally happens when colliding to prevent an icing...
    yea it wasn't that bad. I was watching it in a bar with no volume, so I couldnt hear what the terrible NBCSC announcers had to say about it. But it was a standard rub into the boards, the Penguin just tried to embellish it by whipping his head back (for the sake of the next 2 weeks, we'll call this "the penguin")

In case you didn't notice, the refs were terrified of that game getting out of hand with the violence, so they simply jumped on the opportunity to establish an authority. It worked... game never got out of hand.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Stevens View Post
    yea it wasn't that bad. I was watching it in a bar with no volume, so I couldnt hear what the terrible NBCSC announcers had to say about it. But it was a standard rub into the boards, the Penguin just tried to embellish it by whipping his head back (for the sake of the next 2 weeks, we'll call this "the penguin")

In case you didn't notice, the refs were terrified of that game getting out of hand with the violence, so they simply jumped on the opportunity to establish an authority. It worked... game never got out of hand.

NBCSC agreed that it was uncalled for, but also said it was just because of the "emotion in the building". they kept playing that card all game, saying the refs didn't want the game to get out of hand.

i get it; i do. in all honesty i'm fine with it all because no one got hurt.

as long as they (meaning the refs) don't pull this stuff in the playoffs, i'm fine with what happened yesterday.

vCash
    I think Vitale may have broke his hand on Z's head...at least that's what I was hoping after the fight.....normally I wouldn't wish injury on another player.....but combining the fact that he is a Penguin AND a player who has damaged our goods, I think I'm in the clear.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Stevens View Post

Ehh, Penguin'ing ya say?

Yea.. the game really lacked the exuberance that a normal game really has. The whole time the did keep referencing that "the refs didn't want the game to get out of hand", but really it looked as though no one really wanted to play this game. I mean, let's be real, Jody Shelly played nearly 10 minutes.
    On Dan Bylsma:

I can remember being on such a perch, or at least trying to climb over the boards to get at somebody to make a point. And I thought Dan Bylsma should have taken off his skirt and gone over there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    NBCSC agreed that it was uncalled for, but also said it was just because of the "emotion in the building". they kept playing that card all game, saying the refs didn't want the game to get out of hand.

i get it; i do. in all honesty i'm fine with it all because no one got hurt.

as long as they (meaning the refs) don't pull this stuff in the playoffs, i'm fine with what happened yesterday.
    Agreed,but why does it always seem it's the Flyers players/team that the NHL or the officials use to make a point or in this case use to make sure the game doesn't get out of hand even though it should have been the Penguins since they were the team who committed all the cheap shots the last time they played....Then again what's new...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast