Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Kelly thinks the Raiders will primarily run a 4-3

http://www.ibabuzz.com/oaklandraider...-4-3-to-kelly/

It’s looking like a 4-3 to Kelly

By Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer
    Thursday, April 5th, 2012 at 10:51 pm in Oakland Raiders.

Checked in with Raiders defensive tackle Tommy Kelly late this afternoon, who not surprisingly provided some perspective on the first week of the strength and conditioning phase.

When I asked him if anything jumped out at him regarding the Reggie McKenzie-Dennis Allen regime, Kelly, who arrived in the Norv Turner era, answered like a man who has seen his share of optimism gone awry. He’s looking forward to playing for coordinator Jason Tarver, however.

“We’re in the honeymoon stage,” Kelly said. “You’ve got to be around a person, get down to training came and game time to know what you’ve got. Coach (Tarver) seems cool, real young. Seems like he knows what he’s talking about. He’s got experience in the league and he had a pretty good defense down there at Stanford.”

As for the possibility of big changes on defense _ Allen publicly hasn’t ruled out a 3-4 defense _ Kelly doesn’t see his job changing much after attending the first week’s installation meetings.

“We’re going to do what we always do _ run four man,” Kelly said. “I’m just assuming. Heard he’s a guy that mixes it up, so you never know.”

Ricky Stenhouse, Jr.
    Roush Fenway Racing #17 Ford Fusion

2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Rookie of the Year Winner

vCash
    kelly will be traded for a 3rd or 4th come draft day, with houston moving inside.

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    i hope ^

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SDraiders619 View Post
    i hope ^

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderposting View Post
    kelly will be traded for a 3rd or 4th come draft day, with houston moving inside.
    Quote Originally Posted by SDraiders619 View Post
    i hope ^
    Quote Originally Posted by TRUTH-TELLER View Post
    Wouldn't it have made more sense to trade Kelly when we were in dire need of cap relief? It seems as though he's on board for at least next season. I wouldn't mind dealing Kelly, but it doesn't smell like it's cooking.

vCash
    Im not against trading Kelly
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKazguxdgqQ Charlie Garner "Going Hard"

vCash
    I think he will be here as well. He had a better season than Seymour last year.

Ricky Stenhouse, Jr.
    Roush Fenway Racing #17 Ford Fusion

2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Rookie of the Year Winner

vCash
    Kelly has been playing well..I think we restructure him not trade him.. as to the 4-3.. definitely playing that until we get additional personnel to go to a 3-4. DA knows both and there will be 3-4 looks in addition to our 4-3 base. Im really looking forward to the blitz packages..

If we all look back to 2010..John Marshall began to bring the blitz more and our Defensive rankings improved significantly..and yes I'm aware that Nnamdi was on one side of the field..but that still doesnt eliminate the fact that we bring the blitz and do well especially with a real scheme in place. Spencer and Bartell have been starting CB's on some pretty good defenses as has Wheeler...its going to be real interesting this season..

[B]New York Yankees 27 World Championships.....need I say more?
    Oakland Raiders 3 Super Bowl Victories/rest of the AFC West 3 Super Bowl Wins

vCash
    So we base what we're gonna run on D off of an assumption from Tommy Kelly. What we run will be based on our draft if we get a Nt and another solid LB we'll run some 3-4 stuff no doubt. It's been said Tollefson can play OLB as well so that adds another piece to the versatility. Also let's not forget Travis Ivey on the roster at 6'4" and 325 lbs that is a nice size NT for the 3-4 sets.

I haven't seen Tollefson to speak of his play but he has nice size as a rushing OLB at 6'5" and 265lbs. We all would be guessing but one thing is for sure Allen has commited to bringing the heat so that's a change for the good.
    Last edited by slvrandblkatack; 04-08-2012 at 05:08 PM.

vCash
    Yeah I got to Agree with Raiderwood , The Raiders might restructure him not just trade him.

I think he is still playing well and I would like to keep him but IF the Raiders do trade him he is worth a good 3rd pick.
    Darth Raider Meets The Legendary Al Davis !!!

To All My Oakland Raider Nation Brothers Remember .. Never Argue With An Idiot , First They Start The Fight. Then Bring You Down To Their Level And Beat You With Their Experience!

Oakland Raiders Fan For Life ~ GangsteRaider

vCash
    We will know a lot more about the defense after the draft. I would be giddy to see us acquire a legit NT in the middle (and feel better about our 3-4 looks).

vCash
    Trading Kelly for a 3rd or 4th would be a mistake. He's done well. I say keep him.