Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

2012 Houston Astros Game Discussion Thread

We can use this thread to discuss Houston Astros games this season since I don't expect many people to be to excited to have a separate game thread for each series.

vCash
    FRIDAY APRIL 6 - SUNDAY APRIL 8

VS.
    Last edited by datboyb; 04-06-2012 at 07:20 AM.

vCash
    great, I hope I can get some time to watch the game tonight
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

vCash
    Astros won back to back games to win the series against the Rockies for their first opening series win since 2006 and are above .500 for the first time since mid-season 2009. This team is showing a lot of heart, very refreshing.

vCash
    MONDAY APRIL 9 - WEDNESDAY APRIL 11

VS.
    Last edited by datboyb; 04-09-2012 at 07:28 PM.

vCash
    Don't look now but the Stros are 3-1 mind=blown

vCash
    One major difference I see this year from years past is that Luhnow has stressed getting players who work the count and can draw a walk. This is such a refreshing change from the likes of Kaz Matsui, Pedro Feliz, Bill Hall, etal. We all know the Astros are not going to contend this year, but I like what I have seen so far and I think 70-75 wins is not out of the realm of possibility. Of course, if we trade Carlos Lee and Wandy at the trade deadline that could change everything (and I am fine with that if it nets us some good prospects). This team is battling every game and very well could be 5-0 with some timely hits. I would rather watch this team win 70 games than a team of veteran re-tread players.

vCash
    I hope Lee does well the first half so he can become nice trade bait for us. He could net us a decent prospect with his contract expiring at the end of the season.
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/bf/Odb_welfare.jpg

vCash
    why does altuve hit 8th? i love this kid and think he should stay in the 2 hole..Wish the giants had a player like him

2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!
    2012 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by #1GiantsFan View Post
    why does altuve hit 8th? i love this kid and think he should stay in the 2 hole..Wish the giants had a player like him
    I don't know why Altuve hits 8th, but our broadcaster explained why Lowrie hits second. Lowrie is a contact hitter who pulls the ball to right, so when Jordan Schafer is on it makes it easier for him to steal with Lowrie batting lefty as opposed Altuve as a right handed hitter. Still doesn't explain why Altuve isn't higher up to get those hits with men on base. I know managers like their lefty/righty splits, but as a team the Astros are failing hard with runners in scoring position. Seems like Altuve could help with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sssmush View Post
    no offense but the Spurs are freakin' communists bro. They should get with Stern's capitalist agenda like NOW