Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 26 of 26
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    4,178
    vCash
    1500
    I dont understand your hard on for terry. Really dont

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    6,357
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by theDOC View Post
    notice how Derek Harper said "great look by Terry" on that fastbreak shot.

    Dirk's bad pass was ultimately what costed us at the end. a turnover, not a missed shot.
    Notice the part where he missed both that shot and another fast break three over the last five and a half minutes of the game? Oh right, Terry is infallible for you. You don't lose the game on a single play. If you did, then you weren't good enough to begin with. You should win games due to execution for an entire game.

    I'm 100% sure at this point that you lied about coaching. Otherwise you might be the worst coach in the history of basketball. You agree with long jumpers and 3's early in the shot clock. You ignore proven data that says a certain shooter is better late in the clock and say it's better that he shoots threes fast. You blame the loss on one turnover. Yeah, if you coached anyone, I feel terrible for them.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
    Dr. Seuss

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    23,439
    vCash
    1500
    It's almost funny to watch this team now. Losing to a bottom feeder like Portland, lmao.

    For the love of GOD, please quit ruining our lottery pick winning games, it is futile.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Dietzenbach, Germany
    Posts
    1,481
    vCash
    1500
    Another loss, give them chance to settle and make it into postseason. But it's time to rebuild the whole club anyway. Move everybody except Wright and Dirk, make last one a second option. Finally he's good shooting over the past four games but not taking advatage of it, same for rebounding. I feel bad for those dumbasses, somehow.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Dietzenbach, Germany
    Posts
    1,481
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Young2Kinsler View Post
    It's almost funny to watch this team now. Losing to a bottom feeder like Portland, lmao.
    We were and are still having troubles against Portland since years, for the sake of almost every game we're playing against them. No matter who they have on court. So that's no surprise at all. Sad and funny are other things however.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    358
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzik View Post
    Notice the part where he missed both that shot and another fast break three over the last five and a half minutes of the game? Oh right, Terry is infallible for you. You don't lose the game on a single play. If you did, then you weren't good enough to begin with. You should win games due to execution for an entire game.

    I'm 100% sure at this point that you lied about coaching. Otherwise you might be the worst coach in the history of basketball. You agree with long jumpers and 3's early in the shot clock. You ignore proven data that says a certain shooter is better late in the clock and say it's better that he shoots threes fast. You blame the loss on one turnover. Yeah, if you coached anyone, I feel terrible for them.
    quit acting like a damn knucklehead and watch the way you talk. just because you type on a computer to someone doesn't mean it makes disrespect alright. watch your tone.

    Derek Harper played in the NBA for a long time, and is the play by play announcer for the Mavericks night in and out. if he says something, there's probably some truth to it. a pull-up near the free throw line for Terry is a money shot for him. Dirk's turnover at the end was what ultimately caused the loss. there where many things that led up to that, but what he ultimately lost the game. just like his game-winning shots ultimately won the game in the NBA Finals.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    6,357
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by theDOC View Post
    quit acting like a damn knucklehead and watch the way you talk. just because you type on a computer to someone doesn't mean it makes disrespect alright. watch your tone.

    Derek Harper played in the NBA for a long time, and is the play by play announcer for the Mavericks night in and out. if he says something, there's probably some truth to it. a pull-up near the free throw line for Terry is a money shot for him. Dirk's turnover at the end was what ultimately caused the loss. there where many things that led up to that, but what he ultimately lost the game. just like his game-winning shots ultimately won the game in the NBA Finals.
    I like how you tell me to watch how I talk but you use your old fashioned insults all the time. Respect goes both ways. But like your arguments about Terry, you ignore the other side and only focus on your own argument.

    Also, Derek Harper was a player, correct, not a coach. As I said, you absolutely refuse to comment on the data I provided that PROVED Terry shot better later in the clock. And clearly it's not a money shot, he missed it. You just ignore every other argument, seriously, like a child. I really imagine you going: "La, la, la, la, TERRY IS GREAT, la, la, la, can't hear you." Because you never respond to facts that myself and others have linked. You just keep saying the same thing and bringing up opinions from fans and Derek Harper as proof that Terry should keep jacking. I'll take facts over opinions any day.

    And no, Dirk's turnover in overtime didn't cost us the game. It helped us lose, but it didn't cost us the game. Letting Haywood guard Aldridge on the final possession hurt. Terry's pull up on the fast break hurt. Marion's shot that he couldn't even get to go over the front rim hurt. The fact you blame it all on one turnover shows how awful you would seriously be at coaching. A lot of poor decisions were made in overtime. You can call that disrespect all you want, but anyone who blindly blames a loss on one single possession in a 53 minute game (including the 5 from overtime), I don't care if they have my respect or not.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
    Dr. Seuss

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bellingham, WA
    Posts
    12,691
    vCash
    1500
    Tough loss... I hear terry wants a 4 year contract to say with Dallas lol

    New York Yankees

    Dallas Mavericks

    New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    HW: Brock "The White Gorilla"Lesnar
    MW: Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida
    WW: Jonny "BIGG RIGG" hendricks
    LW: Nate Diaz
    FLW: John "The Magician" Dodson
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.
    Favorite Athletes: Dirk Nowitzki, Brock Lesnar & Lyoto Machida


  9. #24
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    20,674
    vCash
    1500
    Meh. Despite everything leading up to it, if Dirk doesn't miss that pass, the Mavs don't lose in OT. Maybe it goes to 2nd OT and then they lose, who knows. If you can't make that pass you have to keep it for the last shot, its that simple.

    Dallas Mavericks GM
    2000-2001 - 50-32 (Conf. Semis)
    2001-2002 - 54-28 *Division Champs (Conf. Finals)
    2002-2003 - 63-19 *Division Champs (NBA Finals)
    2003-2004 - 63-19 *Division Champs (Conf. Finals)
    2004-2005 - 70-12 *Division Champs (Conf. Semis)
    2005-2006 - 23-59
    2006-2007 - 18-64
    2007-2008 - 47-35
    2008-2009 - 49-33
    2009-2010 - 61-22 *Division Champs (NBA Finals)
    2010-2011 - 61-22 *Division Champs (NBA Champs!)

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    358
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzik View Post
    I like how you tell me to watch how I talk but you use your old fashioned insults all the time. Respect goes both ways. But like your arguments about Terry, you ignore the other side and only focus on your own argument.

    Also, Derek Harper was a player, correct, not a coach. As I said, you absolutely refuse to comment on the data I provided that PROVED Terry shot better later in the clock. And clearly it's not a money shot, he missed it. You just ignore every other argument, seriously, like a child. I really imagine you going: "La, la, la, la, TERRY IS GREAT, la, la, la, can't hear you." Because you never respond to facts that myself and others have linked. You just keep saying the same thing and bringing up opinions from fans and Derek Harper as proof that Terry should keep jacking. I'll take facts over opinions any day.

    And no, Dirk's turnover in overtime didn't cost us the game. It helped us lose, but it didn't cost us the game. Letting Haywood guard Aldridge on the final possession hurt. Terry's pull up on the fast break hurt. Marion's shot that he couldn't even get to go over the front rim hurt. The fact you blame it all on one turnover shows how awful you would seriously be at coaching. A lot of poor decisions were made in overtime. You can call that disrespect all you want, but anyone who blindly blames a loss on one single possession in a 53 minute game (including the 5 from overtime), I don't care if they have my respect or not.
    this will be the third time I post this link: http://www.82games.com/1112/11DAL4.HTM

    Terry shoots a better eFG% with 21-24 seconds left, than ANY OTHER TIME in the clock chart. 82games.com is a pretty popular advanced statistic website.

    look at 2010-2011: http://www.82games.com/1011/10DAL4.HTM

    again shooting a much better eFG% in 21-24 than 11-15 or 16-20, and almost the same percentage (.004% difference) than 0-10.

    he's a great fastbreak shooter, and his midrange fastbreak shots are absolutely money.

    the only reason I said Dirk's turnover costed us the game was because someone implied Jason Terry's fastbreak shot did. when it was a more critical time (last possession of game) Dirk had an unforced turnover. yes, there are more things than just that turnover that lead up to it.

    but when you CANNOT have an unforced turnover on the last possession of the game when it's a tie game, in overtime. that play costed us the game, period.

    yes, there are other plays earlier that wouldn't have made it that close, and he wouldn't be in position to even have to make that pass, but Lebron James gets heat for a reason (no pun intended). he messes up at the end. Dirk had a costly turnover that costed the game.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    6,357
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by theDOC View Post
    this will be the third time I post this link: http://www.82games.com/1112/11DAL4.HTM

    Terry shoots a better eFG% with 21-24 seconds left, than ANY OTHER TIME in the clock chart. 82games.com is a pretty popular advanced statistic website.

    look at 2010-2011: http://www.82games.com/1011/10DAL4.HTM

    again shooting a much better eFG% in 21-24 than 11-15 or 16-20, and almost the same percentage (.004% difference) than 0-10.

    he's a great fastbreak shooter, and his midrange fastbreak shots are absolutely money.

    the only reason I said Dirk's turnover costed us the game was because someone implied Jason Terry's fastbreak shot did. when it was a more critical time (last possession of game) Dirk had an unforced turnover. yes, there are more things than just that turnover that lead up to it.

    but when you CANNOT have an unforced turnover on the last possession of the game when it's a tie game, in overtime. that play costed us the game, period.

    yes, there are other plays earlier that wouldn't have made it that close, and he wouldn't be in position to even have to make that pass, but Lebron James gets heat for a reason (no pun intended). he messes up at the end. Dirk had a costly turnover that costed the game.
    There's still the fact that you in no way factor in why his shooting percentage is higher with 21+ seconds on the clock. I hope you understand not every fast break shot Terry takes is a jumper. He does do layups and even has occasionally dunked. Which are high percentage shots. Then look at his percent of shots taken early in the clock. Basically, each layup or dunk highly skews that data. This is why it's pointless talking to you. You only bring up data that accounts for far too much.

    If you gave me a link that showed Terry's mid to long range shots with 21+ seconds on the clock and he shoots over 50%, I would concede that you are correct. But you're not giving me that. You are giving me (relatively speaking) small sample sizes that include data that have absolutely no impact on the argument you're making and in fact skew the data in favor of your argument, despite it just being an illusion. Plain and simple, you find data that favors your argument and use it, while ignoring the other data provided or even using common sense as to why he shoots higher when dunks and layups might be involved.

    The second point isn't worth arguing. Think all you want that that game is on Dirk...but no NBA game is lost on one possession. At no point will you convince me otherwise and I have absolutely no need to respect someone's opinion when they think that a game was decided on one play. The game was still tied at the time. That didn't end the game. Aldridge's jumper over an immobile defender did.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
    Dr. Seuss

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •