Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Ughhhh i am so dissapointed with Chris Carter. He should have already arrived. Late September 2010, he was getting it going, but the end of the season ended his momentum. Its upsetting. But i still think he's a vital part to the rebuild
    Unleash the Mamba!

vCash
    Whoa nice thats what I would love to see him do up here!
    Props to weeman23

RaidersAthleticsWarriors
    [SIZE="6"][COLOR="DimGray"]

vCash
    Yeah taylor is still tearing it up down there. But there is no outfield position for him other then left if we take out crisp.
    Props to weeman23

RaidersAthleticsWarriors

vCash
    I met Carter at Spring Training, and he is a pretty cool guy. After talking to him it almost seemed like he doesn't have enough fire, but I could be totally wrong considering the fact I only talked to him for a minute or two. Also watched him in BP at practice one morning, he has insane power, I just hope it can some day translate to the bigs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidersfan93 View Post
    I met Carter at Spring Training, and he is a pretty cool guy. After talking to him it almost seemed like he doesn't have enough fire, but I could be totally wrong considering the fact I only talked to him for a minute or two. Also watched him in BP at practice one morning, he has insane power, I just hope it can some day translate to the bigs.
    I don't think a player needs "fire" to succeed. There have been plenty of good players who seemed laid back and easy going.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stash View Post
    I don't think a player needs "fire" to succeed. There have been plenty of good players who seemed laid back and easy going.
    I know what you mean, but in a way I think he is to laid back. But don;t get me wrong, I still want him to succeed.

vCash
    Check out Sean Doolittle in single A. He's struck out over 50% of the batters he's faced. That's unbelievable. He had 4 Ks in 2 innings tonight.

vCash
    He is looking great, probably starts moving up through the system soon.

vCash
    So, it looks like Taylor is playing very well in AAA, as well as Derek Norris at catcher.

Its obvious we need help at 3rd base (with no solid prospects even close to contributing). Do you guys see us trading Crisp or Suzuki (or both) to a contender looking for help at a position of need? And in return get a big league ready 3B? Then we could bring up Taylor and Norris, and continue with the youth movement.

I mean it is a little bit of a pipe dream, but you never know. Sure Suzuki isn't very helpful offensively but the guy knows how to handle pitching and is a great defender while still supplying a decent bottom of the order bat. Coco can provide top of the order speed, good defense, and a decent bat. So I could see some teams being interested.

So what you guys think? Any chance of that happening this season? Or are we just gonna let Crisp play out the year, then get rid of him. Same with Suzuki...?
    49ers, Athletics, Warriors = Life!

49ers = 12-4
    Warriors = 51-31 Making it rain!
    A's = 59-36 Back to Back AL West Champs!
    WINNING!

vCash
    I think it very well could happen, but probably not at least until the All Star Break. I think there are a lot of players who we could potentially see being moved come the break and or deadline: Crisp, Suzuki, Colon, McCarthy, Balfour, Fuentes, maybe even Manny, Smith, and Gomes. Of course not all of them would be moved.

vCash
    ^^^I think the most likely one to be moved would be Colon (especially is he keeps up this pace). I mean Beane loves turning aging vets around for a young prospect or 2.

I actually think we are gonna keep Balfour...he is too important to our pen to surrender him at this stage in his career. But Fuentes is also a definite possibility.

I also keep forgetting about Manny...guy just slips my mind that he is even on our team lol

49ers = 12-4
    WINNING!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmac8675 View Post
    ^^^I think the most likely one to be moved would be Colon (especially is he keeps up this pace). I mean Beane loves turning aging vets around for a young prospect or 2.

I actually think we are gonna keep Balfour...he is too important to our pen to surrender him at this stage in his career. But Fuentes is also a definite possibility.

I also keep forgetting about Manny...guy just slips my mind that he is even on our team lol
    Yeah I've been thinking about this.

vCash
    The better colon pitches, the better spects we get. And i agree, Coco has gotta go. He's blocking alk the outfielders in the system
    Unleash the Mamba!

vCash
    So you guys think we will see an outfield of Cespedes, Taylor, and Reddick this year? That could be pretty sweet!

49ers = 12-4
    WINNING!

vCash
    yeah that would be nice if they all play to there potential. We also have choice and green who are outfielders.
    Props to weeman23

RaidersAthleticsWarriors

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast