Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Straily and Griffin got moved up to Sac. Good news, because we dont have many good arms in AAA. No, I dont count Godfrey, Ross, or Billings as being really good solid arms. Peacock I can say is
    Unleash the Mamba!

vCash
    never mind, griffin has 7 starts down there. still thought he was in midland like last week lol
    Unleash the Mamba!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezombie View Post
    I said the probability that one of those three would at least match Matsui would be rather high. And so far Kila is actually on par with Matsui.
    his slash line last year was .251/.321/.375 i don't think kila is going to finish there, is he still even getting constant playing time?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LakersA's49ers View Post
    Straily and Griffin got moved up to Sac. Good news, because we dont have many good arms in AAA. No, I dont count Godfrey, Ross, or Billings as being really good solid arms. Peacock I can say is
    I really like both these guys, they've both been putting up great numbers. I'd love to see a scouting report on them so I'd have an idea of what kind of stuff/velocity they have. If they keep it up they might make it to Oakland before Peacock.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    his slash line last year was .251/.321/.375 i don't think kila is going to finish there, is he still even getting constant playing time?
    Kila has a 93 wRC+, Matsui's was also 93. Kila has also been on pace to outperform Matsui in WAR. No he's not because we have someone who took his job.

Any way you slice it though, my projection wasn't far fetched at all. Even if there was only a 1/3 chance that a single one of them matched or outperformed Matsui, when you have 3 dice to roll the odds increase dramatically.

Your opinion on Reddick being a AAAA player had insufficient evidence to support. He was just coming off 2 WAR in half a season worth of playing time.
    Last edited by Cheezombie; 06-19-2012 at 12:56 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stash View Post
    I really like both these guys, they've both been putting up great numbers. I'd love to see a scouting report on them so I'd have an idea of what kind of stuff/velocity they have. If they keep it up they might make it to Oakland before Peacock.
    lol. they seriously just might. I can see all three of them make the 40 man in September though. That'll be interesting to watch.
    Unleash the Mamba!

vCash

Down on the Farm 2012 Edition

How's Peacock doing? Any rumblings of him coming up? Also what about Brett Anderson?

vCash
    Derek Norris looked solid today. Might reak tge end of sizuki
    Unleash the Mamba!

vCash
    Michael Choice (Midland, OF) and Chih-Fang Pan (Burlington, 2B) are our reps for us in the futures game.
    Why in the world is it so important to get the calls right ?
    -7chuck7

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SamBay View Post
    How's Peacock doing? Any rumblings of him coming up? Also what about Brett Anderson?
    I heard Peacock was struggling and Anderson is still doing long toss with no problems.

vCash
    Kila has a 93 wRC+, Matsui's was also 93. Kila has also been on pace to outperform Matsui in WAR. No he's not because we have someone who took his job.

Any way you slice it though, my projection wasn't far fetched at all. Even if there was only a 1/3 chance that a single one of them matched or outperformed Matsui, when you have 3 dice to roll the odds increase dramatically.

Your opinion on Reddick being a AAAA player had insufficient evidence to support. He was just coming off 2 WAR in half a season worth of playing time.
    1) he lost DH&1b because he wasn't doing that well, had he played better he would still be getting ab's. and it's in a limited number of AB's so to assume he would have finish around matusi's production might be a reach.

2)that's not how probability works for it to work the way you described you would need a guarantee that one will absolutely match Matsui's production which isn't there, and even then if it is there that one will eventually get to start so your really not rolling dice its more of a certainty. Lets say i gave you dallas mcpherson, brandon wood and chirs carter would you still have a 1/3 chance with these dice? hell i could give you a million dice and not one of them would net you a success with anyone of these chumps?

3)what i saw was a guy who played mediocre in a hitters park with a talented line-up around him, neither of which can be said about the Oakland Athletics, so i was skeptical, now lets see him keep this up over the course of the full season.

vCash
    1) he lost DH&1b because he wasn't doing that well, had he played better he would still be getting ab's. and it's in a limited number of AB's so to assume he would have finish around matusi's production might be a reach.

2)that's not how probability works for it to work the way you described you would need a guarantee that one will absolutely match Matsui's production which isn't there, and even then if it is there that one will eventually get to start so your really not rolling dice its more of a certainty. Lets say i gave you dallas mcpherson, brandon wood and chirs carter would you still have a 1/3 chance with these dice? hell i could give you a million dice and not one of them would net you a success with anyone of these chumps?

3)what i saw was a guy who played mediocre in a hitters park with a talented line-up around him, neither of which can be said about the Oakland Athletics, so i was skeptical, now lets see him keep this up over the course of the full season.
    1)The only reason Matsui didn't lose his job is because of his name and the alternates sucked. They have been producing exactly the same. Now we have Brandon Moss who's hit 7 HRs in 14 games. Gee I wonder why Kila doesn't get playing time anymore.

2) The thing about baseball is that you never know, that's why I use probability, and I'm generally pretty accurate in my predictions. There is always a chance that a player can break out however slim. The dice rule holds.

3)Mediocre? He had a 105 wRC+ which is park adjusted with great defense. That said, I wasn't expecting this kind of production. I was expecting more of the same.

vCash
    1)The only reason Matsui didn't lose his job is because of his name and the alternates sucked. They have been producing exactly the same. Now we have Brandon Moss who's hit 7 HRs in 14 games. Gee I wonder why Kila doesn't get playing time anymore.

2) The thing about baseball is that you never know, that's why I use probability, and I'm generally pretty accurate in my predictions. There is always a chance that a player can break out however slim. The dice rule holds.

3)Mediocre? He had a 105 wRC+ which is park adjusted with great defense. That said, I wasn't expecting this kind of production. I was expecting more of the same.
    does brandon moss play both dh and 1b? he isn't getting ab's because he wasn't doing that great, and as far as Brandon moss is concerned we see this every year a few 4A player coming out of no where for a few weeks and then vanishing as quickly as they arrived so who knows how long he will keep this up, then kila can go back to tearing the cover off the ball.

people usually think their right more often than they are, and more often than not they tend to be wrong i have seen you make some pretty dumb predictions on this site so maybe you should wait a minute before you start reading peoples palms, looking at tarot cards peering into you shinny crystal ball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LakersA's49ers View Post
    Derek Norris looked solid today. Might reak tge end of sizuki
    that's what i have been saying, i don't know how much longer the "oh but he has great D" argument can hold out, that usually only works if you don't have a better option somewhere, and in this situation it's just not the case, Norris will be up by the all-star break no later than September, and i really do think there will be a position battle come spring training

vCash
    that's what i have been saying, i don't know how much longer the "oh but he has great D" argument can hold out, that usually only works if you don't have a better option somewhere, and in this situation it's just not the case, Norris will be up by the all-star break no later than September, and i really do think there will be a position battle come spring training
    Norris has already been called up...

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast