Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    I know he was a 2 war player in Boston he is a great defender like u pointed out and I never knocked his defense or his power, but he gets home run happy and I'm sure u noticed he was awful with runners in scoring position and hit into way to many double plays, also that cust comparison wasn't totally accurate ots more accurate to say he is a better defensive jack cust without the walks. Because Cust took walks like a mother ****er. Is a .750 ops every month supposed to impress me? It just means a .425 slug and .325 obp and an all-star needs to get on base at a better clip than what he sported last year neither was his .325 wOBA its not bad but considering how extra base hits can frasticly effect someone's wOBA and he had god damn 66 of them it makes me wonder why it wasn't higher? Also for being so great the last 2 years he created 5 and 6.1 wRAA? I have never knocked his D which is probably where a lot of his WAR value came from
    Yeah, a .750+ OPS every month is supposed to impress you. It shows consistency. It shows that he was above average in every month but one. 3 of those 5 months were over .800. You tried to point out his bad 2nd half, but that's a misleading stat when you actually look at the numbers. He really only had 1 bad month the entire season. For the first 5 months of the season he put up a wRC+ of 125, and you're trying to tell me he's closer to the talent level produced in one month? Comical. And it was also a month that was influenced by a ridiculously low BABIP of .174 and a high line drive rate of 24%. That screams of bad luck. There were several times that month where he hit the ball hard only for the fielder to make an amazing play. His strikeout rate remained consistent(and in fact was his lowest rate outside of April), and is nowhere near Cust level. He also continued to hit HRs that month. He did hit a lot of HRs in 2012, but his HR/FB rate wasn't ungodly or anything(14%), which means his power is probably sustainable if he continues to hit flyballs at that rate. I see no reason to worry about his offense.

I just don't understand what you're trying to argue. You've cited his above average wRAA(which, fyi is not park adjusted, pick a better stat), which means you admit that he's put up above average offensive numbers the past 2 seasons. You've admitted that he has good defense, and you'll probably admit he has above average base running skills. Where does the AAAA argument come from using this evidence? From one month of a bad BABIP?
    Last edited by Cheezombie; 12-20-2012 at 08:53 PM.

vCash
    That.Was.Awesome.

Of course knowing Ciaban, he'll comeback with another completely illogical argument that makes no sense whatsoever.

vCash
    note to self, never doubt cheezombie

vCash
    I love a good pissing match between ciaban and cheez
    Unleash the Mamba!

vCash
    Emil Brown

vCash
    Hahahaha "what can brown do for you?"
    Unleash the Mamba!

vCash
    Russell is the A's only top 100 prospect.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/prospects/watch/y2013/

I know we don't have the best system in baseball, but I feel we got shafted a little. I know Choice had a down year, but if I recall, he was ranked around 60 last year and now he is unranked. I feel that he should still be on there,

And what about Strailly? Isn't the rookie limit 50 innings? he pitched 39.1. So why isn't he on there? He was one of the best pitchers in the minors last year.

Lastly, I feel Grey should still be on there. I know he didn't have stellar numbers, but I feel that he is still highly enough regarded to be on there.

How does everyone else feel?

vCash
    Choice probably should've made the list, but barely. I can see why Straily and Gray wouldn't make the list. Straily wasn't really on anyone's radar so he pretty much came out of nowhere. For Gray, it was his first full season and he didn't really do anything to impress. If he rebounds next year I could see him back in the mix. Also keep in mind that there are more highly respected prospect rankers out there than this guy.

I'm not worried about it though, we graduated a few guys and have a pretty young team in general. We also have a good crop of young prospects from our most recent drafts that could start popping up on these lists over the next few years.

vCash
    MLB.com prospect lists are terrible.

vCash
    I know the MLB.com lists don't mean much, but they released their A's top 20. I would still like to see what other fans think of the list.

Here the is:
    http://oakland.athletics.mlb.com/mlb...d=oak#list=oak

I am surprised that Green is at 4, I think Gray should be ahead of him. In addition I am surprised Olson is so high, I would think head and Robertson should be ahead of him.

vCash
    who do you guys think is the PTBNL in the Jaso deal?

hopefully its not Robertson, Olson, or Sandburn...

vCash
    Doubt it's anyone noteworthy.

vCash
    yah they got enough as it is. probably not even a top 30 in our system
    Unleash the Mamba!

vCash
    Is it just me or does it seem we are trading away our higher up prospects for less than spectacular MLB players. Eh.. could be worse I guess.
    49ers, Athletics, Warriors = Life!

49ers = 7-8
    Warriors = 23-3 Making it rain!
    A's =
    WINNING!

vCash
    this is sort of the trend recently
    i mean just look at the shields/myers deal...

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast