Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

Down on the Farm 2012 Edition

Suggested by Raidersfan93 in another thread to create one for this year, so thought this could be our minor league thread for the season.

If a mod wouldn't mind to sticky this.

vCash
    Yeah this should be a sticky. But the rivercats are having a good offensive performance. green with a homer, carter with 2 hits, taylor with 3 and norris with also a homer. Oh yeah Barton also has 2 hits.
    Props to weeman23

RaidersAthleticsWarriors
    [SIZE="6"][COLOR="DimGray"]

vCash
    Kings Analyst, thanks for creating this.

vCash
    Barton 2 hits? I didn't know he swung the bat.lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidersfan93 View Post
    Barton 2 hits? I didn't know he swung the bat.lol
    I'm one of his biggest critics, but to be fair, DB is a good hitter. I just question his decision making at the plate. He takes too many close pitches for my taste, which ends up being called K's.

One game is good, but let's hope these guys can maintain consistency throughout the season.

vCash
    Barton's K% is actually above average, 16% for his career. 14% BB rate, well above average. His BB/K well above average. I mean that makes his OBP when he doesn't put the ball in play .488.

Jack Cust's problem was that he struck out twice as much as Barton, probably because he didn't know how to protect the plate.
    Last edited by Cheezombie; 04-06-2012 at 02:58 PM.

vCash
    I have no problem with Bartons approach at the plate, I wish we had more guys who had his patience.

vCash
    I am probably overly critical of Barton, but some times I get tired of having a runner in scoring position, and he doesn't swing bat the hole at bat. I feel like he needs to be a litte more aggressive.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidersfan93 View Post
    I am probably overly critical of Barton, but some times I get tired of having a runner in scoring position, and he doesn't swing bat the hole at bat. I feel like he needs to be a litte more aggressive.
    THIS.

A little more aggressive at the plate is what I want out of him, and if Kila/Allen don't get it together soon, Barton may be back up here before we know it.

vCash
    We need to move on from Barton. If the A's ever want to be good, it won't be with Barton being our everyday first baseman. He walks a lot, but other than that he really doesn't do anything for us. Time to move past him, and focus more on the future.

vCash
    You can say that about almost everyone on this team. I mean the reason why this team isn't very good is because we have so many mediocre players. Until some replacement comes in, we have to deal with what we have.

vCash
    In defense of Barton, he wouldnt of gone 0-4 with 4 K's tobight like Allen/Ka'Ihue. But with that said, he probably would of had atleast 1 backwards K today.
    Unleash the Mamba!

vCash
    Speaking of Barton, he just hit a grand slam.

vCash
    Good, I think confidence plays a huge part in his game. I always talk down on him, but I would still love to see him as a great player. Maybe he can return to 2010 from and plus some.

vCash
    that granny probably just earned him a spot on the roster some time this week, haha
    Unleash the Mamba!

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast