Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Supplement stacks....

I'm just curious. Many of us on here supplement more than others but where do you draw the line between what's reasonable and what's excessive? Post your current stack and what your ultimate goal is:

My goal is to bulk up and I'm currently taking:
    Opti-Men Multi
    Nitrox II
    Craze
    Green Magnitude
    Bodybuilding.com Whey protein

I consider this a reasonable stack and I seldom use Nitrox II but I loved the pumps when I did take it in conjunction with my PWO.

vCash
    Beverly International's Super Pak (Multi's)
    Trutein (Protein)
    Beverly International's UMP (Casine)
    PowerFULL (Only on training days)
    Oxy Elite Pro (Stack w/recreate)
    Recreate (Stack w/OEP)
    Nitrix
    C4 (PWO)

Cut Up, I'm done bulking. So far, I'm cutting up nicely! Went from 215-195. V shape is officially showing!
    You Too Can Achieve This When You Visit The Fitness Forum!

vCash
    Protein: Trutein, Protean
    PWO: Hemavol+Max Intense
    BCAA: N'Gage, Core ABC
    Creatine: Green Magnitude
    Test: DAA+Triazole+Bioforge+Intimidate

I have a ton of different fat burners I have to review as well, but I'm on a month off right now. I have to review BSN's new fat burner, the new Hydroxycut, and I still have two more bottles of SuperHD.

vCash
    Corey, do you like DAA? Do you take it in powder form or a test boost with DAA?

vCash
    I used to burn a bunch of money on supplements early on...fish oils, creatine, natural test boosters, BCAA's

most people love using and buying supplements, its a billion dollar industry.

With that said, most of the crap people buy is worthless and way overpriced. All you really need is a protein powder, maybe some creatine, and a caffeine supplement.

Protein has gotten really expensive as it is. I remember when I was able to get 5 lbs easy for under $30.

vCash
    that's why i try to avoid most supplements and just stick with a few that i know work... whey, creatine, fish oil, and sometimes some zma. most supplements are bs anyway. not to mention a lot have food colorings and whatnot that are not good for you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BKdoubleStacker View Post
    I used to burn a bunch of money on supplements early on...fish oils, creatine, natural test boosters, BCAA's

With that said, most of the crap people buy is worthless and way overpriced. All you really need is a protein powder, maybe some creatine, and a caffeine supplement.

Protein has gotten really expensive as it is. I remember when I was able to get 5 lbs easy for under $30.
    Agreed except you don't even need protein. I hit my goal of 225g with food only for a few month period before it started to get expensive.

All I use is protein powder and fish oil because both are so cheap.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DLeeicious View Post
    Agreed except you don't even need protein. I hit my goal of 225g with food only for a few month period before it started to get expensive.

All I use is protein powder and fish oil because both are so cheap.
    True!
    You Too Can Achieve This When You Visit The Fitness Forum!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MTone8788 View Post
    Corey, do you like DAA? Do you take it in powder form or a test boost with DAA?
    I use AI's bulk DAA powder. Funky taste, but I mix it with my Green Mag. Im only a few weeks into it, so I'm not really sure if it has any effect yet, but it's cheap so it's worth a try.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BKdoubleStacker View Post

No one NEEDS any supplements. It's a matter of wanting them and experimenting.

You can still find Protein for $30, most notably Dymatize Elite XT. I hate Dymatize, but Elite XT isn't half bad.

The prices have gone up because of the prices of raw materials and production (Part of the reason Gaspari switched to Brown Rice protein in their probiotic line).

That being said, sure, there are a ton of overpriced supplements...But there's also a lot of very useful supplements. Not all test boosters are BS, you just have to make your expectations realistic.