Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    I wouldn't be surprised if a little school approaches. He truly has a lot of work ahead if he is ever to get back to where he was before. I won't say I'm happy it happened, but the guy was a complete jack*** for what he did to the Falcons. The guy is a spineless tool.
    You're talking to me all wrong... It's the wrong tone. You do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron. Hey, tell me, does your mother sew? BOOM. Get her to sew that!

vCash
    good for long for doing the hard-but-honorable thing

petrino has proven himself to be one of the slimiest, sleaziest people in sports. from louisville to the falcons to this incident, he just keeps making himself out to be a selfish douche who thinks his status makes him untouchable and immune from repercussions for his actions.

could really suck for razorback fans because they had a really good team coming into this season... time will tell how much of an impact this will have on the field.
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    It's been rumored around here that Jeff Long actually wanted to keep Petrino, but Bobby wouldn't accept the punishment they tried to impose (1 year recruiting ban)...so then of course he was fired. That should tell you what kind of an arrogant prick Petrino is.

I loved Petrino as a coach...it's hard to argue with his results at Arkansas. He built them up from nothing (the program was a complete mess after Houston Nutt left for Ole Miss) to a perennial top 10 team. It's too bad it had to end this way, but I guess it was just a matter of time considering his past.

What really blows is that Arkansas had a team heading into this season that should compete for the SEC title & maybe even a National Championship, but that probably goes out the window without the coach that built them into an offensive powerhouse. Whoever comes in now will install a completely new system unless it's someone like Garrick McGee (former QB Coach/OC, now Head Coach at UAB). But I'd imagine the University will want to make a bigger splash than a former Assistant and stay away from any link to Petrino if they can.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 04-11-2012 at 10:17 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    WoW.... I never expected him to be out at Arkansas. I wonder if Gus Malzahn is regretting leaving for Arkansas State because he seemingly would have been a prime candidate to take over the head coach job.
    There's no way Malzahn would have been a candidate. He didn't exactly leave Arkansas on the best terms and his relative inexperience would be scary for a team that needs a home run hire after this PR disaster.

vCash
    Even though Petrino has a history of selfish acts, I still didn't expect him to be this clueless. It shows arrogance to expect no repercussions for doing involving the Arkansas in his intimate relationships. Arkansas didn't have a choice considering potential law suits if Petrino stayed on-board...
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12