Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Yes' this time the cheap shot was delivered by Brooks Orpic,who received I
    believe a 5/min major and a game misconduct...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by crzyhawk View Post
    This. The fact is, that the Flyers have loyal fans who will stick by their team whether they win or lose. The Penguins fans are a bunch of front runners who as soon as the going gets rough, quit going to games.

What's in it for the NHL for Philly to win? Everyone hates us and thinks we're a bunch of thugs because of **** that Eagles fans did 40 years ago, never mind the fact that "classy fans" like Vancouver and Montreal light their cities on fire. Hell, I even saw an article blaming Flyers fans for the Vancouver riots last year.

Philly winning the cup doesn't do anything for the league, because we already have the most loyal fans in hockey. We aren't going to buy more merchandise and tickets if we win, and we aren't going to quit if we lose like the frontrunners from other cities (Pittsburgh and Washington, I'm talking to you).

So we're never going to get an even shake because we don't vote with our wallets like other teams' fans do. That's the only message the league will ever respect, and we're too loyal of fans to do that...so there's no reason to not call against us when possible.

I think that is a stretch, I agree the Philly fan base, in your state and the many abroad is impressive and are very loyal-i attend their games when they make their two visits here and I'm an hour from buffalo and check their games there . However, the longest serving, and brain dead loyal fan base in this league is not for the team in Philadelphia. I think you forgot the blue pill poppers/blue kool-aid drinkers of the Toronto Maple Leafs. They not only make up half of the stadium attendance for every canadian city they visit, there always seems to be a large number in most US cities as well. Florida teams the make half, buffalo is about half...I can list more but I think you know the sport to understand what the leafs and their blind fan base is. also, this team has not been to the finals in over 40 years and they have not missed a sellout, there are waiting lists to get seasons tickets with many being passed down in wills lol. Also, the cheapest ticket in the house is $80 with the closest going for about $250 per-for ALL games, no such thing as premiums, all teams are the same. All this for one of the worst franchises in north america in terms of entertainment value (smartest in business profits and marketing). Born and raised in the middle of it, this fan base is insanely loyal, bordering all out stupidity really. so yeah, the best fans in the NHL, with one of the farthest reaching belongs to the hapless Toronto Maple Laughs!

vCash

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by im_cruzin View Post
    I think that is a stretch, I agree the Philly fan base, in your state and the many abroad is impressive and are very loyal-i attend their games when they make their two visits here and I'm an hour from buffalo and check their games there . However, the longest serving, and brain dead loyal fan base in this league is not for the team in Philadelphia. I think you forgot the blue pill poppers/blue kool-aid drinkers of the Toronto Maple Leafs. They not only make up half of the stadium attendance for every canadian city they visit, there always seems to be a large number in most US cities as well. Florida teams the make half, buffalo is about half...I can list more but I think you know the sport to understand what the leafs and their blind fan base is. also, this team has not been to the finals in over 40 years and they have not missed a sellout, there are waiting lists to get seasons tickets with many being passed down in wills lol. Also, the cheapest ticket in the house is $80 with the closest going for about $250 per-for ALL games, no such thing as premiums, all teams are the same. All this for one of the worst franchises in north america in terms of entertainment value (smartest in business profits and marketing). Born and raised in the middle of it, this fan base is insanely loyal, bordering all out stupidity really. so yeah, the best fans in the NHL, with one of the farthest reaching belongs to the hapless Toronto Maple Laughs!

I do agree your fan base are a very loyal fan base and certainly do deserve better from management and owner it's been way to long since your team has been considered one of the best in the NHL but just as long as they are not considered the best in the NHL because I would like that title to always belong to my team the Philadelphia Flyers .... .
    Good luck to you and your loyal fans in the future.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StryderSox View Post
    I doubt it..... Bettman wants Crosby to come back from concusion to win a cup so bad its sickening. It would be great to see him and Malkin get knocked around like everyone else in the playoffs though (just to clarify I am not making light of Crosbys concussions are wishing him any ill will. I just want to see him and Malkin treated as equals and not gods).
    You may be classy enough to not wish a concussion on Sissy Crosby, but I'll do it for you. I hereby submit my $20 to start a bounty for this h-omo's head. Malkin is dirty, Sissy is just a flat out puss. I would to see someone knock this cry baby into an early retirement. Hopefully he'll be so bad off that he thinks he is the last one on the ice capades line in Slapshot that can't catch up. (only true diehards will know this one).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FLYER-FAN View Post
    I do agree your fan base are a very loyal fan base and certainly do deserve better from management and owner it's been way to long since your team has been considered one of the best in the NHL but just as long as they are not considered the best in the NHL because I would like that title to always belong to my team the Philadelphia Flyers .... .
    Good luck to you and your loyal fans in the future.
    Hahaha, well, I wish them luck too. I happen to be a Flyers fan up here. Peter Zezel was from the community and alot of us with pride supported him when he was drafted by them. To this day, still supporting this group and laughing loudest at Maple laugh nation lol

So yeah, I wish them all the luck :P

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin_PA View Post
    You may be classy enough to not wish a concussion on Sissy Crosby, but I'll do it for you. I hereby submit my $20 to start a bounty for this h-omo's head. Malkin is dirty, Sissy is just a flat out puss. I would to see someone knock this cry baby into an early retirement. Hopefully he'll be so bad off that he thinks he is the last one on the ice capades line in Slapshot that can't catch up. (only true diehards will know this one).

no. i'm proud to say that as a Flyers fan, i am above this type of behavior from fans and you should be, too.

leave the pens and their fans to this nonsense.

vCash
    I agree.... Besides taking a run at a guy is gutless and cowardly. Thats the Pittsburgh way. In Philadelphia we lay your *** out clean and then laugh while you try to justify that it was dirty. Thats what I want to see. I want to see Crosby and Malkin get laid out clean and watch the NHL squirm while they try to come up some ******** excuse as to why it was dirty. Or even better they have to admit that it was clean and their golden boy is about as tough as a marshmellow around a campfire.

vCash
    Crosby and Malkin are really two dirtiest players.

vCash
    I wanna know how many Pittsburgh fans immediate reaction to the Orpik hit was "oh God, here it comes."

They knew exactly what was coming when that hit was made. A game removed from all the accusations about Malkin and Crosby throwing elbows and slashes and then Orpik tries to put Stepan in a wheelchair... Tisk Tisk.

vCash
    I find it funny that Shanahan immediately came out with this story about the GMs agreeing that knee on knee hits are not a suspendable offense. So basically its not cool to get your shoulder up around a guys head but if you want to take his knees out then thats all good???

I highly doubt that there would be no suspension and no hearing if thats Rinaldo sticking out a leg and taking out Crosby's knee

Blood, Sweat and Beards!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12