Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Berube calls Crosby and Malkin the two dirtiest players in the game

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2012/...dirty-players/

Ladies in Gentleman welcome to the 2012 Stanley Cup Playoffs

vCash

vCash
    Finally someone said it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StryderSox View Post
    http://sports.nationalpost.com/2012/...dirty-players/

Ladies in Gentleman welcome to the 2012 Stanley Cup Playoffs
    Just want to correct the actual words coach Berube used....He said they were the dirtest players "on their team" not in the game.....Which I do agree but can't leave out Matt Cooke although he hasn't shown that ugly side yet this season but I do expect to see it alive and well come playoff time...

I am happy the dirty play of the Penguins and Crosby ,Malkin are getting all this attention from around the league prior to the playoffs so maybe we will not see the favoritism that the officials usually show in behalf of the Penguins.We might be treated to a rare and honest officiated series.... Finally let the players decide the outcome.

May the best team win
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FLYER-FAN View Post
    Just want to correct the actual words coach Berube used....He said they were the dirtest players "on their team" not in the game.....Which I do agree but can't leave out Matt Cooke although he hasn't shown that ugly side yet this season but I do expect to see it alive and well come playoff time...

I am happy the dirty play of the Penguins and Crosby ,Malkin are getting all this attention from around the league prior to the playoffs so maybe we will not see the favoritism that the officials usually show in behalf of the Penguins.We might be treated to a rare and honest officiated series.... Finally let the players decide the outcome.

May the best team win
    I doubt it..... Bettman wants Crosby to come back from concusion to win a cup so bad its sickening. It would be great to see him and Malkin get knocked around like everyone else in the playoffs though (just to clarify I am not making light of Crosbys concussions are wishing him any ill will. I just want to see him and Malkin treated as equals and not gods).

vCash
    I think everyones goal is for Schenn to consistently get in Crosby's head so much that Crosby will be tricked into dropping his gloves, and Schenn beats the piss out of him.

Then Couts white wash Malkin's face into the ice for 2 minutes. The NHL obviously has no problem with that, so might as well do it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StryderSox View Post
    I doubt it..... Bettman wants Crosby to come back from concusion to win a cup so bad its sickening. It would be great to see him and Malkin get knocked around like everyone else in the playoffs though (just to clarify I am not making light of Crosbys concussions are wishing him any ill will. I just want to see him and Malkin treated as equals and not gods).
    This. The fact is, that the Flyers have loyal fans who will stick by their team whether they win or lose. The Penguins fans are a bunch of front runners who as soon as the going gets rough, quit going to games.

What's in it for the NHL for Philly to win? Everyone hates us and thinks we're a bunch of thugs because of **** that Eagles fans did 40 years ago, never mind the fact that "classy fans" like Vancouver and Montreal light their cities on fire. Hell, I even saw an article blaming Flyers fans for the Vancouver riots last year.

Philly winning the cup doesn't do anything for the league, because we already have the most loyal fans in hockey. We aren't going to buy more merchandise and tickets if we win, and we aren't going to quit if we lose like the frontrunners from other cities (Pittsburgh and Washington, I'm talking to you).

So we're never going to get an even shake because we don't vote with our wallets like other teams' fans do. That's the only message the league will ever respect, and we're too loyal of fans to do that...so there's no reason to not call against us when possible.
    <Meaning and Content>

...And did you see that Giroux goal?

vCash
    Wow' so are some of you suggesting that the NHL has an agenda and will do what it takes to meet that agenda ?
    Also then does this mean that the officials are in on this agenda ? Hmmm.......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    No, just saying that if favoritism /is/ shown to the Penguins, being called dirty by the Flyers won't change it. I often say that there is an agenda, but I don't really believe it inside. Perhaps I am naive. I /do/ believe that the refs call a lot of reputation penalties on the Flyers, and I /do/ think that Crosby and Malkin get away with more then they should because of their stature in the game.
    <Meaning and Content>

...And did you see that Giroux goal?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FLYER-FAN View Post
    Wow' so are some of you suggesting that the NHL has an agenda and will do what it takes to meet that agenda ?
    Also then does this mean that the officials are in on this agenda ? Hmmm.......
    Are you yet to get the reality check that professional sports at the end of the day are nothing but a profitable business?

vCash
    I think you guys failed to pick up on some sarcasm.
    [IMG]http://********.com/image.php?u=80452&type=sigpic&dateline=1310177540[/IMG]
    Remember

vCash
    Always hated Tortorella. But after 24/7, the dudes a great coach and an even better guy. This just adds to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SU7Im...layer_embedded

I wonder if he's seen Chiefs/Sids comments and has decided to join in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyPhan8790 View Post
    Always hated Tortorella. But after 24/7, the dudes a great coach and an even better guy. This just adds to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SU7Im...layer_embedded

I wonder if he's seen Chiefs/Sids comments and has decided to join in.

wow, they penguins took out a Ranger with a knee to knee hit as well? dont think thats a coincidence

but I like to imagine Lavy and Torts are bff's that go bowling and drink beer together after a game. 2 awesome US born coaches with very similar styles. And both of them dont **** around with bull****
    Last edited by Randall Stevens; 04-06-2012 at 02:29 PM.

vCash
    this truly is becoming ridiculous. this stuff has to stop.

that's really one thing that makes the rivalry between the rangers and flyers great: they don't give each other cheap shots. they may talk **** to each other back and forth or act cocky at times, but there's a mutual respect when they play each other.

the penguins don't respect anyone; it's all about them and if they get beat there's always some excuse.

does anyone know if vitale was the one who went knee-to-knee again?

i'd really like to know that information.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodandNails View Post
    I think you guys failed to pick up on some sarcasm.
    Thank you' I was being a little sarcastic but in a fun way.lol....
    Yes I certainly do feel the league has an agenda and I do believe that the agenda may change time to time during the season kinda like playing to the crowd or whatever the league feels would be best for the league...

I wish they would just set the rules and over see the games but just leave the players to decide the outcome however they me be.....

Can't wait for Saturday,Grossman will back and I am guessing for a little payback...Should be fun...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast