Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Pirate Fan Check In

Its been a while since we did a new check in thread so lets give it a go.

Pirates fans, join PSD if you would like to talk Pirates baseball! It should be an exciting season. Guests Sign Up Here. When you get here, tell us about yourself. If you are already a member here, let's learn a little about you as well.

1. Location
    2. Favorite Current Pirate
    3. Favorite Former Pirate
    4. Other teams in the MLB you root for?
    5. Other sports you enjoy? What other sporting teams do you root for?
    6. Anything else you care to share?

Let's Go Bucs!
    Follow Me On Twitter: @battling_bucs

vCash
    1. Location: About an hour and a half south east of Pittsburgh

2. Favorite Current Pirate: James McDonald

3. Favorite Former Pirate: Kevin Young, Turner Ward (in my time), Roberto Clemente (history)

4. Other teams in the MLB you root for?: none particularly, there are some I can stand more than others though

5. Other sports you enjoy? What other sporting teams do you root for?: All Pittsburgh, Steelers and Penguins

6. Anything else you care to share?: As unofficial leader here I'm hoping for a great season and for our little forum to grow, Let's Go Bucs!

vCash
    1. Location - Pittsburgh

2. Favorite Current Pirate - Andrew McCutchen/Charlie Morton

3. Favorite Former Pirate - John Vander Wal? Not sure really lol. If I think of one, I'll edit

4. Other teams in the MLB you root for? Twins

5. Other sports you enjoy? What other sporting teams do you root for? Rugby. Penguins and Steelers

6. Anything else you care to share? Not really

vCash
    1. Location

1. Clarion, PA / Morgantown, WV ( I move back and forth between states often)
    2. Gotta be Cutch or Neil
    3. Van Slyke is my all time fav, also Mike Lavalliere and Craig Wilson
    4. I like the Mets somewhat also, but not enough to really give a crap either way. Some would say I'm a masochist.
    5. Pro Wrestling is my favorite thing in the world, Basketball is a close 2nd. I've been a Dallas Mavericks fan since I was a child, Dirk is my favorite athlete EVER
    6. Graduated from West Virginia University...I'm 26, die hard sports fan, but I have a ton of varying interests. I love to Snowboard, the biggest King of Queens fan you will ever meet. I also love geeky ****, super hero cartoons, technology.. I'm very random, but I think thats what makes me interesting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WVNowitzki View Post
    1. Location

1. Clarion, PA / Morgantown, WV ( I move back and forth between states often)
    2. Gotta be Cutch or Neil
    3. Van Slyke is my all time fav, also Mike Lavalliere and Craig Wilson
    4. I like the Mets somewhat also, but not enough to really give a crap either way. Some would say I'm a masochist.
    5. Pro Wrestling is my favorite thing in the world, Basketball is a close 2nd. I've been a Dallas Mavericks fan since I was a child, Dirk is my favorite athlete EVER
    6. Graduated from West Virginia University...I'm 26, die hard sports fan, but I have a ton of varying interests. I love to Snowboard, the biggest King of Queens fan you will ever meet. I also love geeky ****, super hero cartoons, technology.. I'm very random, but I think thats what makes me interesting.
    1) Awesome, I forgot about Wilson

2) You are a fellow Pirate fan so we still have a bond but the wrestling may have brought it down a bit

3) Yep, it just went down lol

vCash
    1. Location: Central Maryland
    2. Favorite Current Pirate: Neil Walker
    3. Favorite Former Pirate: Willie Stargell - I'm guessing I'm a bit older than the rest of you but my first sports memory was the '79 World Series
    4. Other teams in the MLB you root for?: None
    5. Other sports you enjoy? What other sporting teams do you root for?: Washington Capitals (sorry Penguin fans) and all things Maryland Terrapins
    6. Anything else you care to share?: I collect Pirate memorabilia and cards. My card collection goes back to their inaugural NL season of 1887

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LetsGoPirates View Post
    5. Other sports you enjoy? What other sporting teams do you root for?: Washington Capitals (sorry Penguin fans) and all things Maryland Terrapins
    Not as big of a deal for me as some Penguin fans. Now if you were a Flyers fan ...

vCash
    Speak for yourself... it is a big deal lol. That being said, since Crosby has clearly proved that he is better than Ovechkin, the rivalry has cooled a bit in my eyes

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk27 View Post
    Speak for yourself... it is a big deal lol. That being said, since Crosby has clearly proved that he is better than Ovechkin, the rivalry has cooled a bit in my eyes
    That is why its not a big deal to me. The "rivalry" is centered around two players not the teams. Rivalries I care about center around teams.

vCash

This is the year of the Pirates

1. Location: Unadilla, NY (25 miles from Cooperstown)
    2. Fav Current Pirate: Presley & Hague
    3. Fav Former Pirate: # 21 - aka Roberto
    4. Other Team: NONE
    5. Other Sports: College B-Ball & Football
    6. Other: I walked & talked with Roberto when the Pirates played The Tigers at the 64(?) Hall of Fame Game. I was only 12 or 13 & couldn't understand a word he said but he was & still is my all time favorite baseball player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk27 View Post
    Nice jab.. If Crosby could play for an entire season he might prove that he is clearly better but...

Anyhow, sorry to divert the attention from the Bucs. Season's almost here, I have the day off and my son and I will be parked in front of the TV hopefully enjoying a 1-0 start.

Let's Go Bucs!

vCash
    1. Location Toronto Ohio

2. Favorite Current Pirate The guy I cheer the most for? Probably Alvarez, but I like McKenry alot too. He just seejms like such a decent human being.

3. Favorite Former Pirate too many to name, but Loved Mike Easler back in the day, and Barry Bonds. Bonds probably was my all-time favorite player

4. Other teams in the MLB you root for? I'm almost ashamed to admit, but I've always been a closet Cards fan. Like watching Tampa too.

5. Other sports you enjoy? What other sporting teams do you root for? Let's see...NFL Chicago Bears, NHL Pens, NCAA football Ohio State, basketball DePaul. Don't care much for the NBA anymore, but I liked the Lakers back in the day.

6. Anything else you care to share? Yeah, The wife and I finally were able to swing season tix this year, (only 20 game package, because we are poor people), but swing on by section 27 all the way down by the handicapped seating, and say hi if you're there on a weekend...we'll be there. I'm 6'6", and will be all folded up against the railing...and am hard to miss.

vCash
    1. Location: Southside Pittsburgh

2. Favorite Current Pirate: Cutch, J-Mac, Walker

3. Favorite Former Pirate: Bill Mazeroski...even before I was a Pirates fan, I grew up playing 2B and he was my dude

4. Other teams in the MLB you root for? I am a Red Sox fan by blood. The Pirates are basically a 1B team now, to the Sox' 1B. Not sure it's even 1 and 2 at this point. I follow the Pirates probably more than the Sox...it's easier to do when I live here and not there.

5. Other sports you enjoy? I like just about every sport. What other sporting teams do you root for? Well, my family is Boston to the core...so they hooked me on the Pats and Sox. I spent much of my youth in Florida going to Gator games and Magic games (dad worked at UF for a while). Shaq was the first professional athlete I ever met and I've probably been to 30 Gator football games in my life. And now that I'm in Pittsburgh, I've hopped on the Pens bandwagon. I am a bandwagoner in that regard, oh well! I will, however, never like the Steelers. Sorry. In fact, I'd classify my position towards them as being "hate".

6. Anything else you care to share? I struggle not to use "we" when discussing the Pirates I don't think I've slipped, but for whatever reason I'm conscientiousness about it. My gut wants me to use it, my brain won't let me though!

vCash
    --
    Favorite Current: Andrew McCutchen, Joel Hanrahan, Neil Walker
    --
    Favorite All Time: Andy Van Slyke, Jason Kendall, Roberto Clemente
    --
    What i'd like to share: Actually, I am more of an Oakland A's fan but the Pirates are my number 2. I love the underdog teams and I follow the Pirates a lot. I like their fans, their stadium, and their players. My sisters boyfriend went to school with Neil Walker so that makes me like him a lot. If the Bucs played the A's in the world series though... You guys might not like me cause i'd prob root for the a's. But til then, GO PIRATES!!
    Last edited by Machinehead; 06-02-2012 at 11:24 PM.

vCash
    Welcome, we don't (or at least I don't) hold anything against As fans so you are of course welcomed here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast