Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Wang and Islander's

Figured we needed a Wang topic since we complain about him an awful lot

To start off, everyone should read about Pat Lafontaine

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...sj_share_tweet

vCash
    *You

Maybe many Islander fans are fed up with the teams situation. But Wang SAVED this team many times... Why does he have to do it again? You're out of your mind if you don't think he's done the best he can to keep them in Nassau. it's not his fault it isn't working out. It'll take a miracle at this point. I don't want him to sell, cause ay other owner takes this team and moves them to Canada. We're staying here as long as Wang is around

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHj0dMkK6A

New Video. Isles season highlights 2011-12!

vCash
    Kmo did you even read the article?

Second im thankful Wang saved us and I am aware he is getting royally ****ed by Nassau so he is pissed.

But all he had to say was losing isn't exceptable in his fan appreciation speech, let us know he does truly care

Montreal owner let heads role because how ****** they did this season, why is it ok Montreal to be upset but we can't?

vCash
    ^Because Snow isnt going anywhere, nor should he yet.

vCash
    I never said I wanted snow to go anywhere
    Montreals Owner apologized and said losing is unacceptable , Wang has to much business pride to do so

vCash
    ^I assumed you were hinting at Gauthier the Habs gm being fired a week ago..

vCash
    No like the owner publically announce losing isn't acceptable and said he apologized and will do anythig to do better next year

vCash
    Don't give me Wang saved the isles crap.... R u kidding me.. Sure he lost money.. But should just have or had built a new arena. N players would want 2 come here.. N wait for it.. We will win
    We got this!!!

vCash
    KMO I really don't think your understand what I'm saying

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jgthegame1982 View Post
    Don't give me Wang saved the isles crap.... R u kidding me.. Sure he lost money.. But should just have or had built a new arena. N players would want 2 come here.. N wait for it.. We will win
    Wang cant just build an arena whenever he wants.. he needs the towns permission

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jgthegame1982 View Post
    You can't blame Wang for not building an arena. It's the town and the people that don't want the Islanders there.
    SPACE

vCash
    Yeah... people dont want the Islanders not Wangs fault... Wang has tried making projects to keep the Islanders here but Nassau doesnt want our team anymore :c

vCash
    ^I dont think its the case, its just that people here higher taxs and they no longer care abotut he isles.

That referendum should never have happened because they dont need the ****ing people's permission to build a goddamn arena.

The ****ing goivernent raises our taxes on EVERYTHING without our permission, why cant they raise our property taxes 16 more dollars a year to pay for an arena we NEED

vCash
    Guys I think we can all agree the areana situation is 115% not wangs fault

vCash
    Another problem I have with Wang is the contracts
    The islanders are estimated to have has a cap of 24mill$ if all bonuses were eliminated for 2011-12 season..
    Brock Nelson's contract is 1.9mill in bonuses, a bonus ( like niņo) he will not be able to achieve. His actual cap is 2.9 mill, similar to niņos 3 mill

Its smart if the islanders were cap strapped... I don't get how Bettman does not do anything about this. I Know it's technically legal, however, it's borderline fraud
    Last edited by DannyFormo; 04-12-2012 at 10:06 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast