Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    A little dated, but here goes:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBrFXIq1r8E

I heard Dan just hit a solo and Brandon's got a no-no,
    we wipe out the competition and our bats put up an air show.
    We're 2nd in runs check out the run differential,
    Pitchers puttin holes up like donuts at Winchells
    road games, 1-run games, extra's busting ****** proper,
    Made the Rocks and Cards look like some ********n Teeny Boppers.
    Down 5, down 6, who really even gives a ish?
    When you got a team that doesn't stop to think of the word quit
    From Cali to Pittsburgh dropping bombs just like that,
    Started 0-4 but since then have kept our ish on track.
    The Bourn Supremacy is a regulatin dark figure,
    Ill ****** battin with his finga on a bigga trigga.
    Serving up saves, hitting seven plus runs on the board,
    Stacking up W's and slicing like a Samurai sword
    So peep our game, and other teams just better damn well know
    those m**********s are gonna reap every single thing they sowed
    So buck the pounding sound, I put it down from the underground,
    We get the wins because we're slamming, jamming.
    Got it going on this time you bet we're on the rise,
    so open your eyes guys cuz I think you better recognize.

Once again it's the man with the masterplan,
    they call him Dan and I (think you better recognize) [2x]

I remember last September we were beatin like some mules
    Lost almost every duel but now the anger just fuels (us)
    May sound a little cruel but we'll beat em till they drool
    Layin in a blood pool and lookin like a bunch of fools
    No gang affiliation yo we're fightin for revenge
    Destroyed by last year's collapse we're fightin to avenge
    But now we're on some new improved sh**,
    Making hits, win for Chips, now everything's legitimate.
    Since the o and 4 start now we're 22 and 9
    Makin dugouts bi***, p***, moan, pout, cry-scream and whine
    Yes indeedy, we ain't greedy, got the team on out the gutter,
    Free and Mac and Uggs are rolling like some giant slabs of butter
    Philie Phanatic causing static all up in the industry,
    these whack creators, I call 'em imitators.
    Been trying to see us, but see we're unexplainetory,
    with the fame and glory, that's why I gotta tell my story.
    With no disguise, a lot of teams just despise,
    because we're on the uprise, so I think you better recognize.

Well we're back hittin homers in the league with the best of em,
    4th on that list but we crush most of the rest of em
    Crazy shout outs giving props to all my ******,
    Hitting all the hangers by the dozen, now they dig us (crack!).
    F what you've heard, recognize what you be seeing,
    Make some sense from the past mess that we wuz leaving.
    Prado makes us proud again let's hope he just stays healthy,
    When the kids play good it ITDONMADDLE we aren't as wealthy
    Yankees still the best bandwagon money can buy
    When Mo went down you could see the gleam up in my eye
    We got Craig in our corner so we know we can't lose,
    when we have the lead in the 9th you'll just get 3 F U's
    You be smoking icky icky we hit you wit some Pastornicky
    He tricky dicky Little Nicky picks this game up pretty quickly
    And suckers be popping at those idiotic egosytible type of flimflam,
    We can't be faded like Bri-McCann.
    Playing with the hustlers never dealing with the knucklehead ballers,
    cause boys play with toys and scholars play with dollars.
    Onward and Heyward we make our presence felt nightly
    Pen's a mack in its own right, their game is air tight G,
    Man the time just flies but we gotta stay wise, this time, make sure we don't die, keep our eyes on the prize and just stay on the rise so I think you better recognize.

Last edited by Getting UGGLA; 05-16-2012 at 04:03 PM.
    1991 Lost WS to Twins 4-3
    1992 Lost WS to Blue Jays 4-2
    1993 Lost NLCS to Phillies 4-2
    1996 Lost WS to Yankees 4-2 (led 2-0)
    1997 Lost NLCS to Marlins 4-2
    1998 Lost NLCS to Padres 4-2
    1999 Lost WS 4-0 to Yankees
    2000 Lost NLDS 3-0 to Cardinals
    2001 Lost NLCS to Diamondbacks 4-1
    2002 Lost NLDS 3-2 to Giants
    2003 Lost NLDS 3-2 to Cubs
    2004 Lost NLDS 3-2 to Astros
    2005 Lost NLDS 3-1 to Astros
    2010 Lost NLDS 3-1 to Giants
    2012 Lost NLWC 1-0 to Cardinals
    2013 Lost NLDS 3-1 to Dodgers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by verdell1978 View Post
    Ok guys I know that this is an off topic thread. So now Derek Lowe is 6-0 with a 2.05 era. So was he hurt last year or something?!!!?? I thought the NL was an easier league?!!!??? If he was doing this for us we could've keep Delgado or Minor in AAA. It would've stabilized our rotatation. Do you guys think he is pitching better because there is less expectations? It's not like he is just beating scrub teams. He has wins against TOR TEX and BOS. I am so effing pissed at him right now. I know our team is gonna be fine. But I hate when players come to Atlanta and fail and then go somewhere else and succeed. Is anyone else pissed at MR. LOWE??????!!!!!!!!!!!??????
    This just pisses me off a bit too.... but it ALWAYS happens.

vCash

If this skid continues....

So if this skid becomes a collapse on the level of last years September skid, do we become sellers. Who would we trade away? I know it's still early just a thought.

vCash
    The value of their some of their prized young arms is sinking like a stone right now, after they were deemed untouchable, and many of the hitters are just flat overrated. Guys like Bourn, McCann and some of the bullpen arms are the obvious candidates to be shipped out if they aren't contending. Same goes for Jones if he wants to chase a ring that badly. Fredi will continue to be the biggest problem though.

vCash
    We need to fire somebody, make a trade, shake things up somehow, this is just pathetic!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deca_x View Post
    So if this skid becomes a collapse on the level of last years September skid, do we become sellers. Who would we trade away? I know it's still early just a thought.
    Not entirely sure why this was moved to the vent thread, since it's actually a pretty legitimate question. I'd say the skid would have to continue for quite some time for us to truly become sellers in a tightly contested division, but if we do fall out of the race, we have plenty of strong trade candidates. David Ross, Eric Hinske, Matt Diaz and Michael Bourn will all be free agents at season's end, and they'd bring back pieces in trade. Eric O'Flaherty is also starting to get pretty expensive so he could be a trade candidate as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo95 View Post
    The value of their some of their prized young arms is sinking like a stone right now, after they were deemed untouchable, and many of the hitters are just flat overrated. Guys like Bourn, McCann and some of the bullpen arms are the obvious candidates to be shipped out if they aren't contending. Same goes for Jones if he wants to chase a ring that badly. Fredi will continue to be the biggest problem though.
    Which arms are sinking in value right now? Teheran's start to the season has been a little weird, but he was never going to be traded anyway. Delgado's value is up as he's proving he can handle a big-league rotation job, and I think Minor still has plenty of value given that his stuff seems to be fine. Also not sure which hitters you think are overrated. Fredi might not be the world's greatest manager, but if you really think he's the reason for the recent skid, you have a lot of reading to do about how little a manager can actually affect a game.
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA_Starter View Post
    We need to fire somebody, make a trade, shake things up somehow, this is just pathetic!
    Right! Because making knee-jerk transactions is always the key to success!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo95 View Post

vCash
    Too simple moves, they won't turn the team around but shake things up.

Fire Fredi, call up Simmons.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lavell12 View Post

Isn't his bat supposed to be his weakness? I know it is just AA but these are not terrible #'s.

http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats...pbp&pid=592743

Quote Originally Posted by rtgthree View Post
    Right! Because making knee-jerk transactions is always the key to success!
    I have seen a manager get fired for a lot less than an 8 game losing streak. Also by move I mean somewhat of a minor one, signing someone a little more than a prospect that has a little bit of ML experience at least but not someone on a bad contract, etc.
    Last edited by NBA_Starter; 05-28-2012 at 07:01 PM.

vCash
    [QUOTE=rtgthree;22331849]Not entirely sure why this was moved to the vent thread, since it's actually a pretty legitimate question. I'd say the skid would have to continue for quite some time for us to truly become sellers in a tightly contested division, but if we do fall out of the race, we have plenty of strong trade candidates. David Ross, Eric Hinske, Matt Diaz and Michael Bourn will all be free agents at season's end, and they'd bring back pieces in trade. Eric O'Flaherty is also starting to get pretty expensive so he could be a trade candidate as well.

What are the thoughts on trading Uggla? We could move Rev to second and Simmons to short. Most project Rev as a plus second basemen and it would give Simmons a chance with the big club.

The money saved trading Uggla could be used to extend Beachy and pursue one of the top center fielders on the market next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lavell12 View Post

I'm not sure what you achieve by making moves that won't turn the team around. If they fire Fredi, you won't find me crying, but I strongly disagree that changing managers is going to have any effect on the team's fortunes in the immediate future. And as for Simmons, there's no use rushing him to the bigs and risking his development when it's hard to be sure that he'll even be an upgrade over Pastornicky.

Isn't his bat supposed to be his weakness? I know it is just AA but these are not terrible #'s.
    You're right about his weakness. He's a plus-plus defender with an incredible arm, but no one is sure whether he'll hit. Those aren't terrible numbers, but with his lack of power, there's a significant risk that he gets exposed as he moves up the ladder.

I have seen a manager get fired for a lot less than an 8 game losing streak. Also by move I mean somewhat of a minor one, signing someone a little more than a prospect that has a little bit of ML experience at least but not someone on a bad contract, etc.
    First, what manager has been fired for a lot less than an eight-game losing streak? And did it change the team's fortunes? Like I say, I'll be fine if they fire Gonzalez. I'll be upset if they fire Gonzalez and say, "hey look, everyone, we fixed the problem." Because he's not the one causing the players not to perform. Second, where do you anticipate signing someone with a little bit of ML experience? It's not like the free-agent pool in May is teeming with promising players.

Quote Originally Posted by deca_x View Post
    What are the thoughts on trading Uggla? We could move Rev to second and Simmons to short. Most project Rev as a plus second basemen and it would give Simmons a chance with the big club.

The money saved trading Uggla could be used to extend Beachy and pursue one of the top center fielders on the market next year.
    First, I don't think Uggla's contract is all that movable to begin with. Second, I don't see how it's an advantage to move Pastornicky to second and call up Simmons. Pastornicky can't hit enough to be a shortstop...it'll only be worse if he moves to second base, where the offensive expectations are even higher. And I really don't understand why everyone is in such a hurry to get Simmons up to the big club...he's only 22 and I see no reason why we shouldn't let him get a year of Double-A under his belt to be sure he's good and ready.

And we don't need to save money to extend Beachy or pursue a top center fielder...we'll have $30-40 million to spend this winter even with Uggla on the roster.

vCash

The Braves losing streak filibuster prayer

Heavenly father we are on our knees tonight, asking for your mercy and grace that you bless our braves with a winning streak against the Cardinals in the upcoming two games I know you'll be busy overlooking the upcoming college football season, but Iím sure the great remote in the sky can bless both at once. If necessary we are willing to sacrifice to Freddi Gonzalez, and the Phillies line up as I'm sure as they're unworthy to bless the holy grounds of Turner Field. Furthermore could you please curse the Philies, Nationals, Mets, and Marlins with explosive diarrhea, and unstoppable hand cramps with blisters. Please help those grand and noble Braves smite the evil heathens! We ask this in the name of the Father, your son Chipper Jones, and the Holy Playoffs. Amen. Can I get a hallelujah!

, signed
    The reverend of Baseball

(Maybe we'll start winning again, worked last time and resulted in a 9 game winning streak? )

vCash
    This is offensive waiting to happen. Mods?

vCash
    There's a lot of panic right now. Losing 8 games in a row in this division is frightening. Miami is playing very good ball right now and the Nats aren't going away for a very very long time.
    People expect fast food management decisions and right now! Trade him, fire him, demote him, bring up him....
    First, the heart and soul of this team Chipper has been out for what...8 or 9 games? It seems since the losing streak began ol Chipper has been out. Not a coincidence.
    Second Freeman and Mac are ailing. So that's Chipper, Freeman, and B Mac out...that's most of our run production!
    Heyward is sliding again...don't know what to think about that except we brought him up to early and placed to many expectations upon him.
    Minor should be moved, in my opinion. Maybe not a demotion to the minors but perhaps a move to the bullpen ?and promote Medlen to starter.
    Should Fredi be fired? Personally, if things don't turn around quick, I say it should be considered. I remember Bobby having banged up squads and yet finding the talent within his ranks to achieve success. Was it something he saw in the, something he said? Who knows, but I don't think Fredi has that gift...or I might be totally wrong.
    Trading Mccann...Uggla?
    Hell
    No.
    I like the team. I think these guys can win.

vCash
    I agree that players have to play but Freddie Gonzalez looks like he has no idea what he is doing. He honestly looks confused and has zero emotion.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast