Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chipurmunki View Post
    yeah, if everyone who walked a lot made 13 mil, there'd be like 9 players per team. when uggla walks, it's as good as an out because who hits behind him? we have enough guys who walk already, we don't need uggla to walk. that's a terrible defense for his pathetically terrible brave stint.
    Yeah, except for the millionth time, his contract has nothing to do with evaluating his performance. The Braves owe him $13 million regardless of whether he walks never or always. So at least it's nice that he's giving us a top-ten offensive performance among second basemen, even if the price is steeper than we'd like it to be. It's not his fault the Braves offered him $62 million.

And, as was pointed out, blaming Uggla for the lack of hitting ability behind him is beyond inane.

vCash
    No need to blame Uggla for everything. I'm with rtgthree who else are you going to play? His stats are better than a lot of 2B in the MLB and he had his worst season ever. I believe you will see Uggs come back to his normal next year. It takes a bad season for a player to sometimes adjust. He will have a stellar comeback season in my mind. If not give me his norms and I'll be happy with that.

vCash
    I'll be a very happy camper if Uggs would just hit his norm. That ISO,wOBA, SLG has tremendous value.

If he can hit his norm power wise while still sustaining his patience...woo boy..that's 5 WAR easy.

But he's got to DO it...

vCash
    right, i'm not saying he's intrinsically worthless just because he's uggla. but the fact is he's been declining since we got him. his hitting slumps the last two years are the longest of his career. even when he's not slumping, he's not reaching his career average in anything. i have faith that walker will turn him around, now that he has a year with our squad. if anything, uggla should be on a short leash.
    HAWKS 13 PREMIERS

"We're under a level-5 quarantine, so I'm just gonna have to stripsearch you girls!"
    -Portman

vCash
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-bi...8767--mlb.html

the hell braves?!!!!

wat r u thinkin?!!!
    .................................................. ..................................

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by samanjerry View Post
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-bi...8767--mlb.html

the hell braves?!!!!

wat r u thinkin?!!!
    I don't like it...

vCash
    i like it. i don't get how it's racist, and just by saying that i'm sure everyone on here will rush to 'inform' me. if the name 'braves' isn't racist, how is putting the screaming savage on the logo racist? to show a 'brave' you have to show a native american warrior. it's descriptive for our namesake, not racist. i also object to this depiction of native americans as 'one-dimensional' or whatever. we're named after brave... not squaws, or chieftains, or medicine men... this 'politically correct' ******* is getting completely out of control.
    HAWKS 13 PREMIERS

"We're under a level-5 quarantine, so I'm just gonna have to stripsearch you girls!"
    -Portman

vCash
    u went out of ur way to inform us why its okay.
    .................................................. ..................................

vCash
    NA will always be seen as a joke to the world, thats why this kind of **** happens.
    redskins indians its all ********. braves as a word isnt so bad in my book but the the logo happens. its not "poliitical incorrect bs" when youre dealing with a world known brand chastising people who have already been destroyed.

as for your idea of having to connect the name braves with this symbol that's bs too, why does it have to be some silly looking "savage"?
    use the word braves as the idea of a warrior, of being courageous and tough. not this "screaming savage"
    keep it the way it is.

why bring back an image that the NAs disapprove of? Money!

leave it in the past along with the swastika
    Last edited by samanjerry; 12-27-2012 at 02:08 PM.

vCash
    i don't agree with you. if the screaming savage is too much, 'braves' should be too much. i don't see how you justify one is so bad and the other completely fine.

you did a poor job justifying and explaining your position. i have no clue what you're typing about... and you misquoted me.
    HAWKS 13 PREMIERS

-Portman

vCash
    i like it. i don't get how it's racist, and just by saying that i'm sure everyone on here will rush to 'inform' me. if the name 'braves' isn't racist, how is putting the screaming savage on the logo racist? to show a 'brave' you have to show a native american warrior. it's descriptive for our namesake, not racist. i also object to this depiction of native americans as 'one-dimensional' or whatever. we're named after brave... not squaws, or chieftains, or medicine men... this 'politically correct' ******* is getting completely out of control.
    I really don't understand why the logo is "racist" i'm not from the US so i may not be familiarize with the problem, i guess the native Americans have been oppressed by some people but i don't understand why someone will find this offensive.

When i said i didn't like it, it wasn't because i found it racist, it was because i like the one with the "A" better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beldugo View Post
    I really don't understand why the logo is "racist" i'm not from the US so i may not be familiarize with the problem, i guess the native Americans have been oppressed by some people but i don't understand why someone will find this offensive.

When i said i didn't like it, it wasn't because i found it racist, it was because i like the one with the "A" better.
    yeah they were "oppressed" by "some" people.

if you change the words from oppressed to genocide and "some" to all the europeans from across the pond

this would like having a team called the Indiana Strong and have the "Screaming Black" as a mascot.
    it would be a picture of an african warrior or a big blackslave. there would be riots on the street

NAs are still oppressed budelgo
    Last edited by samanjerry; 12-27-2012 at 02:26 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by samanjerry View Post
    yeah they were "oppressed" by "some" people.

if you change the words from oppressed to genocide and "some" to all the europeans from across the pond
    Got it, we had the same problem here in the DR. I just don't understand why having a logo in a baseball cap is racist...

vCash
    i don't agree with you. if the screaming savage is too much, 'braves' should be too much. i don't see how you justify one is so bad and the other completely fine.

you did a poor job justifying and explaining your position. i have no clue what you're typing about... and you misquoted me.
    i guess im not awake yet

im not 100 % fine with braves. if that needs to go so then be it.

But the word brave is not a name saved for the Natives. so the team can work away from Native American connection if it wanted.
    Last edited by samanjerry; 12-27-2012 at 02:32 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beldugo View Post
    Got it, we had the same problem here in the DR. I just don't understand why having a logo in a baseball cap is racist...
    well its the fact that it belittles them into what they have been seen as and called "savages" no heart no mind just crazy blood thirsty animals.
    and it doesn't matter what we think. there are plenty of NA who hate it. there are alot who dont care too but they are the only group of people where an out cry isn't taken seriously.

they are still treated like dirty and they say they are proud people just like anh other group, sothis kind of stuff is just salt on their wound

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast