Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 67 of 73 FirstFirst ... 17576566676869 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1091
    vCash
    I seen on another forum that Weidman is out of the fight with Boetsch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Knockturnal View Post
    Jay Hieron vs. Erick Silva added to February's UFC 156 event

I like it.

We'll see how much Silva has learned from the Fitch fight.
    The UFC must really hate Jay Heiron. That guy can't catch a break. In his first go round he lost to Georges St. Pierre and then lost to Jonathan Goulet by doctor stoppage. This time around he has had to fight Jake Ellenberger and Erick Silva in his first 2 fights.

vCash
    Happy thanksgiving all!

New York Yankees

Dallas Mavericks

New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    HW: Brock "The White Gorilla"Lesnar
    MW: Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida
    WW: Jonny "BIGG RIGG" hendricks
    LW: Nate Diaz
    FLW: John "The Magician" Dodson
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.
    Favorite Athletes: Dirk Nowitzki, Brock Lesnar & Lyoto Machida

vCash
    Thiago Silva suspended six months

Fighter Thiago Silva has been suspended six months, mmajunkie.com reports.

The UFC light heavyweight failed his UFC on FUEL TV 6 post-fight drug screen and has been ordered to take part in a drug rehab program.

Silva earned a submission victory in the third round over Stanislav Nedkov in the Nov. 10 co-main event.

"Thiago Silva tested positive for marijuana metabolites following his bout at UFC on FUEL TV in Macau," the organization said in a statement. "The UFC organization has a strict, consistent policy against the use of any illegal and/or performance-enhancing drugs, stimulants or masking agents.

"Silva has admitted to taking the banned substance and has agreed to participate in an approved drug-rehabilitation program and serve a six-month suspension retroactive to the November 10 event. He must pass a drug test upon completion of the suspension before receiving clearance to fight again."

http://www.sportsnet.ca/mma/2012/11/...lva_suspended/

vCash
    Just absurd that marijuana is still getting people banned.
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

vCash
    rules are rules bro... I know if my company said i would lose my job or get suspended i wouldnt smoke it either.

New York Yankees

Dallas Mavericks

New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AjBurnett View Post
    Thiago Silva suspended six months
    Somebody tell this dumb*** about drug testing.... This has to be his 3rd or 4th failed drug test.

Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    Just absurd that marijuana is still getting people banned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper 88 View Post
    rules are rules bro... I know if my company said i would lose my job or get suspended i wouldnt smoke it either.
    Exactly. Whether it is right or wrong is certainly up for debate. However it is very clearly stated and known that it is a banned substance. You do the crime you serve the time....

vCash
    if you think there's still a debate whether weed is right or wrong you gotta do some research. there is zero reason for weed to be illegal other than greedy corrupt politicians who get paid by tobacco and alocohol companies.

most athletes would rather smoke/consume weed then pop pills for pain. the ufc needs to do whats right and stop ****en testing for weed. if they can anyway, the nba did it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tnewkirk View Post
    if you think there's still a debate whether weed is right or wrong you gotta do some research. there is zero reason for weed to be illegal other than greedy corrupt politicians who get paid by tobacco and alocohol companies.

most athletes would rather smoke/consume weed then pop pills for pain. the ufc needs to do whats right and stop ****en testing for weed. if they can anyway, the nba did it.
    The NBA did it because both the league and the union agreed that it would be in the best interest of the sport to keep a large portion of players from being constantly banned. It's not the same problem for MMA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TopsyTurvy View Post
    The NBA did it because both the league and the union agreed that it would be in the best interest of the sport to keep a large portion of players from being constantly banned. It's not the same problem for MMA.
    its becoming a problem though, either way it who gives a **** if the majority do it or a few guys. what has happened in the nba since they stopped testing for weed? nothing.

vCash

There is no debate. Its still illegal in most of the country and still a banned substance.... It doesn't matter how you feel on the subject until they change the laws and the rules those are the ones you have play and live by in real life. You disagreeing with the laws and rules doesn't make it okay to break them....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    There is no debate. Its still illegal in most of the country and still a banned substance.... It doesn't matter how you feel on the subject until they change the laws and the rules those are the ones you have play and live by in real life. You disagreeing with the laws and rules doesn't make it okay to break them....
    no ****, you said there's a debate whether its right or wrong for it to be illegal and there isnt its wrong. just like its wrong not have gay marriage, wrong to not allow a woman to get an abortion. my point is the ufc needs to stop testing for it like the nba did.

so you believe they should get tested for marijuana?

vCash
    no ****, you said there's a debate whether its right or wrong for it to be illegal and there isnt its wrong. just like its wrong not have gay marriage, wrong to not allow a woman to get an abortion. my point is the ufc needs to stop testing for it like the nba did.

Its currently, at this time, illegal. Why is this even being discussed? I dont believe it should be illegal but its just the point that it is and if your job doesnt allow it you should be a little more respectful. Im sure the UFC doesnt allow there fighters to show up drunk before a fight either, being something thats not illegal, should they still let the fighter fight drunk?

vCash
    I just found out I will not be able to attend the open workout and pre fight press conference but I will be able to make the weigh ins for UFC FOX on 5.

New York Yankees

Dallas Mavericks

New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.

vCash

Yes and there are several reasons

(1) It isn't an option to everybody. Fighter A in Colorado can legally be prescribed and use Marijuana. While Fighter B in Tennessee doesn't have the same option. There is much debate and impact on a fighters abilities which some saying it helps in certain areas (settles focus and nerves, ability to take pain and cutting weight) but hurts in other areas (slowed reflexes).

(2) The sport still has a negative perception among people in some areas. It is even still banned in some states. What message does that send that they are willing to turn their backs on any illegal drug use?

(3) This isn't basketball. This isn't golf. This is a combat sport with trained athletes going out and punching and kicking each other in the head trying to knock their opponent unconscious. I don't think that its unreasonable to ask for everybody to be in the same state of mind in such an event.

(4) It is protecting everybody involved physically and legally. Imagine if a fighter goes out there and gets beat on for 3 rounds and ends up dying from brain damage following the fight. The autopsy shows that he had marijuana in his system. What do you think they are gonna say in the media? It would cause a terrible perception on the sport and possibly also lawsuits.

Page 67 of 73 FirstFirst ... 17576566676869 ... LastLast