Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 66 of 73 FirstFirst ... 16566465666768 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsguy View Post
    UFC 156 is going to be rediculous, IF all fighters stay healthy and all rumors are true obviously
    I never get my hopes up, good luck in the pick em finals, rooting for you...
    FAV FIGHTERS- HW-Struve-JDS-D.Cormier LHW-Gustafsson -Ovince St. Preux Machida MW-Kenndey-D.Miller-Chris WeidmanWW-Condit-Rory MacDonald-Kampmann-Douglas Lima-Marquardt LW-Penn-Edgar-Jim Miller-Joe Lauzon-FW-Jung Patricio Freire BW-Torres-Dantas- Faber-Fly-Benavidez

vCash
    I bet Hendo Lyoto get pushed back to 157

New York Yankees

Dallas Mavericks

New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    HW: Brock "The White Gorilla"Lesnar
    MW: Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida
    WW: Jonny "BIGG RIGG" hendricks
    LW: Nate Diaz
    FLW: John "The Magician" Dodson
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.
    Favorite Athletes: Dirk Nowitzki, Brock Lesnar & Lyoto Machida

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yanks19791024 View Post
    I never get my hopes up, good luck in the pick em finals, rooting for you...
    thanks homie

vCash
    Jon Fitch vs. Demian Maia added to February's UFC 156 event

A welterweight matchup between perennial contender Jon Fitch (24-4-1 MMA, 14-2-1 UFC) and Brazilian submission ace Demian Maia (17-4 MMA, 8-4 UFC) is the latest addition to February's UFC 156 event.

UFC officials today announced the new contest.

Featuring a featherweight title fight between current champ Jose Aldo and former lightweight title holder Frankie Edgar, UFC 156 takes place Feb. 2 at Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas. The evening's main card airs on pay-per-view.

UFC officials did not announce where the bout will reside on the UC 157 lineup, but it seems a likely candidate for the main card.

Maia currently boasts a two-fight win streak after downing Rick Story at this past month's UFC 153 event in Rio de Janeiro and earning a bizarre TKO victory over Dong Hyun Kim at July's UFC 148 fight card in Las Vegas. The two victories came after a disappointing 1-2 run that included losses to Chris Weidman and Mark Munoz.

Maia is a Fabio Gurgel black belt and former world champion jiu-jitsu player who one ea. However, his recent win over Story marked Maia's first submission win since a 2009 tapout victory over Chael Sonnen.

Meanwhile, Fitch also fought at UFC 153 and earned a hard-fought unanimous-decision win over Erick Silva in a bout that was deemed the evening's "Fight of the Night." The bonus was much appreciated by Fitch, who openly admitted beforehand that a loss would likely result in him picking a full-tie job in addition to his training duties.

Fitch had previously lost in stunning knockout fashion to Johny Hendricks and settled for a draw against B.J. Penn. Prior to those setbacks, he was 13-1 in his first 14 UFC fights and was generally considered the world's second-best fighter at 170 pounds.
    Good fight, Fitch likes to brag about his submission defense, but if there's one fighter than can do it, is Maia.
    -----

vCash
    I have a feeling this will be the worst fight ever. The chances of something cool happening are slim in my mind. The only thing worse i could think of would be Jake Shields and Jon Fitch
    Favorite fighters:
    Ian McCall, Brian Bowles, Chan Sung Jung, Nate Diaz, Nick Diaz, Dan Hardy, Duane Ludwig, Mike Pierce, Rick Story, Jake Ellenberger, Wanderlei Silva, Anderson Silva, Chael Sonnen, Rich Franklin, Dan Henderson, Rashad Evans, Phil Davis, Shane Carwin, Gabriel Gonzaga

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle man View Post
    I have a feeling this will be the worst fight ever. The chances of something cool happening are slim in my mind. The only thing worse i could think of would be Jake Shields and Jon Fitch
    Perhaps Fitch will keep it standing for fear of Maia's BJJ.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsguy View Post
    Perhaps Fitch will keep it standing for fear of Maia's BJJ.
    If they keep it standing, I fear it to be even worse as opposed to a cuddle match
    Favorite fighters:
    Ian McCall, Brian Bowles, Chan Sung Jung, Nate Diaz, Nick Diaz, Dan Hardy, Duane Ludwig, Mike Pierce, Rick Story, Jake Ellenberger, Wanderlei Silva, Anderson Silva, Chael Sonnen, Rich Franklin, Dan Henderson, Rashad Evans, Phil Davis, Shane Carwin, Gabriel Gonzaga

vCash
    Fitch will probably try to clinch and press Maia up against the cage. I doubt Fitch will take it to the ground, so it could be sloppy stand up fight.

Then again, Maia has some good TD's and if he ends up on top, Fitch may get a dose of his own medicine...
    -----

vCash
    If they keep it standing, I fear it to be even worse as opposed to a cuddle match
    See below

Quote Originally Posted by Knockturnal View Post
    Fitch will probably try to clinch and press Maia up against the cage. I doubt Fitch will take it to the ground, so it could be sloppy stand up fight.

Then again, Maia has some good TD's and if he ends up on top, Fitch may get a dose of his own medicine...
    This will be just like Randy Couture vs Brandon Vera. Jon Fitch knows his only sure way of victory is to press him against the cage for 15 minutes.

vCash
    Ring vs Phillipou scratched from tonight's card as Ring wasn't feeling too well and doctor didn't clear him.

vCash
    I think Fitch / Shields would be incredible. Shields would gas in a RD and Fitch would maul him. I think it would be a fun display of Fitch bullying a guy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    I think Fitch / Shields would be incredible. Shields would gas in a RD and Fitch would maul him. I think it would be a fun display of Fitch bullying a guy.
    Yes, lots of shoulder and an extra helping of leaning.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    Favorite fighters:

vCash
    Todd Duffee back in the UFC, faces Phil De Fries at UFC 155

Two years after he left, Todd Duffee (7-2 MMA, 1-1 UFC) is returning to the octagon.

The 26-year-old heavyweight is set to fight Phil De Fries (9-1 MMA, 2-1 UFC) at UFC 155, according to a recent report by Las Vegas Sun that was also confirmed by UFC officials.

UFC 155 takes place Dec. 29 at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas and airs live on pay-per-view and FX.

Duffee fills in for Matt Mitrione, who was slated to fight De Fries before he replaced an injured Shane Carwin against Roy Nelson at The Ultimate Fighter 16 Finale.

Once a red-hot prospect in the UFC, Duffee made his octagon debut at UFC 102 with a seven-second KO of Tim Hague, which at the time was considered the fastest knockout in the promotion's history.

He was released, however, after being knocked out by Mike Russow at UFC 114. He then fought a short-notice bout with then-Strikeforce champ Alistair Overeem and was knocked out in the first round.

Most recently, Duffee surfaced in April, where he notched a first-round of Neil Grove at Super Fight League 4.

De Fries most recently appeared at UFC on FOX 4, where he earned a second-round submission over Oli Thompson. The win put him back on the right foot after a first-round knockout at the hands of Stipe Miocic.
    -----

vCash
    Jay Hieron vs. Erick Silva added to February's UFC 156 event

Erick Silva (14-3 MMA, 2-2 UFC) said he was hoping to fight on Super Bowl weekend, and now he will.

UFC officials today announced that Silva will take on Jay Hieron (23-6 MMA, 0-3 UFC) at UFC 156, the UFC's traditional Super Bowl-weekend fight card.

Featuring a featherweight title fight between current champ Jose Aldo and former lightweight title holder Frankie Edgar, UFC 156 takes place Feb. 2 at Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas. The evening's main card airs on pay-per-view.

UFC officials did not reveal where the bout will take place on the evening's lineup.

Hieron still seeks his first-ever UFC win. After two losses early in his career, Hieron fought for numerous promotions before making his way back to the octagon at October's UFC on FX 5 event, where he loss a close decision to Jake Ellenberger. Despite the loss, "The Thoroughbred" is still 11-2 in his past 13 appearances.

Meanwhile, Silva looks to rebound from a disappointing loss to perennial top contender Jon Fitch at October's UFC 153 event. Prior to the decision loss, Silva had impressed with stoppage win of Charlie Brenneman and Luis Ramos sandwiched around a controversial disqualification loss to Carlo Prater.
    I like it.

We'll see how much Silva has learned from the Fitch fight.
    -----

Page 66 of 73 FirstFirst ... 16566465666768 ... LastLast