Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 64 of 73 FirstFirst ... 14546263646566 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsguy View Post
    Agreed (well maybe not the top of the BB).

If he is 6'4" - 76"
    Arms are 40-42"

That means he should come within 2" of the rim standing underneath the basket if my math is correct which it may not be.

I think that was either fake or just a very uncoordinated attempt (which is hard to believe when you see the way he moves in the ring).
    Lol, your math is correct but not your logic. You have to take into account that his arm don't come out of the top of his head so you can't just add his height plus arm length. Also his arms aren't that long, i'm guessing you just cut his wingspan in half. That would be neglecting the space between his shoulders.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsguy View Post
    Agreed (well maybe not the top of the BB).

If he is 6'4" - 76"
    Arms are 40-42"

That means he should come within 2" of the rim standing underneath the basket if my math is correct which it may not be.

I think that was either fake or just a very uncoordinated attempt (which is hard to believe when you see the way he moves in the ring).
    that wasnt on purpose, he would have done a 360 if he could have. he's not that coordinated, he said himself he cant catch a football.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tnewkirk View Post
    lol no he doesnt, maybe 30. nate robinson has somewhere close to 48. its not so much about his jumping ability, if you watch he jumps off his right leg which is wrong if you're a righty. he looked like a girl trying to dribble, i guess the only thing he ever did in high school was wrestle. its funny i remember him saying if he was in the nfl he'd be a wr, after admitting he couldnt catch a football.
    I couldn't find the video of Jones out-jumping his brother while they were filming Evans-Jones primetime, but I did find this video that has Jones at 48in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=sJcTjpYSPxM

I think if Jones would practice dunking as much as he does MMA, he could do it, but since he's not aspiring to play in the NBA, what's the point? To impress a bunch of nobodies on the internets?

I also remember Jones saying if he played football, his position would be WR, but since he couldn't catch, it didn't make sense for him to keep playing. Is not like he said he could play WR in the NFL.
    -----

vCash
    Mighty Mouse Vs. John Dodson at UFC on Fox 6 in Chicago

http://mmajunkie.com/news/31472/ufc-...one-pettis.mma

Just a day after the UFC announced it would return to Chicago for UFC on FOX 6, the televised card already has started to take shape.

The main event will be the first flyweight title defense of new champion Demetrious Johnson (16-2-1 MMA, 5-1-1 UFC) against top contender John Dodson (14-5 MMA, 3-0 UFC). And a potential lightweight title eliminator between Anthony Pettis (15-2 MMA, 2-1 UFC) and Donald Cerrone (19-4 MMA, 6-1 UFC), previously reported by MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com), also will take place on the card.

UFC officials on Tuesday announced the two fights on FUEL TV's "UFC Tonight."

UFC on FOX 6 will take place Jan. 26 at United Center in Chicago. The main card will air on FOX with prelims expected for FX and Facebook.

Dodson a month ago at UFC on FX 5 in Minneapolis stopped promotional newcomer Jussier Formiga with a second-round TKO to earn his shot at the champion. Dodson is a former flyweight who had to compete at bantamweight to get into the UFC, and he did so by winning the 135-pound division on Season 14 of "The Ultimate Fighter." Shortly after that fight, he dropped back to flyweight after the UFC introduced the division and beat Tim Elliott by unanimous decision to get into the title eliminator fight against Formiga.

Johnson dropped to flyweight after losing a bantamweight title fight against Dominick Cruz. And against Ian McCall in the opening round of the UFC's four-man flyweight tournament, he fought to a controversial draw in March. The two played it back in June, with Johnson winning a unanimous decision to get to the finals against Joseph Benavidez.

In Toronto in September, Johnson upset Benavidez to win the promotion's first 125-pound title. Then he had to wait a couple weeks to find out whom he'd be fighting when he defended his belt for the first time.

Pettis has been on the shelf since a "Knockout of the Night" win over Joe Lauzon at UFC 144 in February in Japan. Injuries have kept the former WEC lightweight champion on the shelf. But he recently told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) that he expected to be ready to face Cerrone in January. That will indeed be the case. Pettis has won six of his past seven fights.

Cerrone is coming off a "Fight of the Night" win over former teammate Melvin Guillard at UFC 150 in August. That was sixth win in the UFC in just over a year and a half. He started his UFC career 4-0 in 2011 after the WEC merger, but couldn't go 5-0 in the calendar year when he ran into Nate Diaz at UFC 141, losing a unanimous decision.
    Also Rampage Vs. Glover at UFC on Fox 6? Rampage on his twitter
    Outside the cage I hate no one. Life is too short for that. In side the cage my Job is to destroy! Glover is done on Jan 26 n Chicago..

vCash
    I'm all for free title fights, so I'm a fan of the MM/Dodson fight, but I know there are some fans out there that have no interest in the smaller weight classes.

The greedy fan in me wishes Pettite/Cerrone was 5 rounds, but oh well, that fight should be loads of fun.

Huge fight for Jackson and Teixeira. Jackson said he was going to test FA, but he also said he wanted to stay with with UFC, whatever he does, he better win if he wants one last big pay day.

A win for Teixeira, especially a a finish, could get him that next title shot.
    -----

vCash
    UFC on Fox 5 and 6 are gonna be awesome!! Best part is both are free!!!

vCash
    Yes they are... UFC on fox 6 is turning out to be a awesome card. I don't like watching the smaller weights but when it comes to dodson I love watching that guy.

New York Yankees

Dallas Mavericks

New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    HW: Brock "The White Gorilla"Lesnar
    MW: Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida
    WW: Jonny "BIGG RIGG" hendricks
    LW: Nate Diaz
    FLW: John "The Magician" Dodson
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.
    Favorite Athletes: Dirk Nowitzki, Brock Lesnar & Lyoto Machida

vCash
    BTW I just got my hotel for Dec 8th fox on 5 event. I thought about driving home after but I want to get smashed after the fights... Love the Seattle night life.

New York Yankees

Dallas Mavericks

New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    HW: Brock "The White Gorilla"Lesnar
    MW: Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida
    WW: Jonny "BIGG RIGG" hendricks
    LW: Nate Diaz
    FLW: John "The Magician" Dodson
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.
    Favorite Athletes: Dirk Nowitzki, Brock Lesnar & Lyoto Machida

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Knockturnal View Post
    I couldn't find the video of Jones out-jumping his brother while they were filming Evans-Jones primetime, but I did find this video that has Jones at 48in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=sJcTjpYSPxM

I think if Jones would practice dunking as much as he does MMA, he could do it, but since he's not aspiring to play in the NBA, what's the point? To impress a bunch of nobodies on the internets?

I also remember Jones saying if he played football, his position would be WR, but since he couldn't catch, it didn't make sense for him to keep playing. Is not like he said he could play WR in the NFL.
    thats not vertical, you dont seem to understand man nate robinson who's 5"9 has a 48 inch vert and can dunk easy. jj doesnt have a 48 inch vert.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AB1984 View Post
    Lol, your math is correct but not your logic. You have to take into account that his arm don't come out of the top of his head so you can't just add his height plus arm length. Also his arms aren't that long, i'm guessing you just cut his wingspan in half. That would be neglecting the space between his shoulders.

So what your saying is I am ok at math but get a big fat F in common sense?

vCash
    thats not vertical, you dont seem to understand man nate robinson who's 5"9 has a 48 inch vert and can dunk easy. jj doesnt have a 48 inch vert.
    Technically it is, there are 2 types of vertical jumps, running start and stand still.

In any case, here are Jones and his brother jumping from a stand still using the vertec, Go to the 17:41 mark to see for yourself.

As for Nate, he has a 43.5 vertical jump
    -----

vCash
    Technically it is, there are 2 types of vertical jumps, running start and stand still.

In any case, here are Jones and his brother jumping from a stand still using the vertec, Go to the 17:41 mark to see for yourself.

As for Nate, he has a 43.5 vertical jump
    right and both of those types dont include your knees bent in the air. the fact that nate has 43.5 validates my point even more lol. that video doesnt show ****, shows him jumping and leaving the building.
    Last edited by tnewkirk; 11-07-2012 at 12:55 PM.

vCash
    right and both of those types dont include your knees bent in the air. the fact that nate has 43.5 validates my point even more lol. that video doesnt show ****, shows him jumping and leaving the building.
    There's not much to be said then. Good day sir.
    -----

vCash
    There's not much to be said then. Good day sir.
    yea you're right, he doesnt have a 48 inch vert thats all i said. and him being uncoordinated doesnt have much to do with fighting. he's been a great wrestler since high school, add his reach and that alone is a big obstacle to overcome who ever you are. another thing that makes him such a good fighter is his confidence, he is always more confident than his opponent which is huge.

vCash
    Anyone watch WSOF? Arlovski, Johnson and Smong had awesome finishes

Page 64 of 73 FirstFirst ... 14546263646566 ... LastLast