Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 63 of 73 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tnewkirk View Post
    jon jones attempts to dunk, what a ****en goof ball, that honestly shows you he's not this great coordinated athlete, he's just akward. im 6ft got no ups but can dunk every now and then, this idiot is 6'4 with longer arms.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AascLyC_oA8
    Same here that is insane. I'm 6'1 , white and could dunk in high school.... Yet this guy is a professional athlete who is 6'4 with like a 3000-inch wingspan and he can't dunk Seriously he should only have to jump like a foot.

vCash
    I'm 5'8" and I could only touch maybe 1" of the net... Some people just don't have hops... But I know what you mean he should be able to lol

New York Yankees

Dallas Mavericks

New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    HW: Brock "The White Gorilla"Lesnar
    MW: Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida
    WW: Jonny "BIGG RIGG" hendricks
    LW: Nate Diaz
    FLW: John "The Magician" Dodson
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.
    Favorite Athletes: Dirk Nowitzki, Brock Lesnar & Lyoto Machida

vCash
    He looks ridiculously awkward just dribbling the thing.
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

vCash
    Stephan Bonnar retires from MMA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekial View Post
    Kill: Graham Harrell- he's the worst thing I've ever seen... God awful. When you're watching a game thinking "why are they letting a high school cancer patient play a preseason game for make a wish foundation, he could get hurt." Then realize he's a professional, he deserves to die.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Walls Era View Post
    Don't talk about proper writing if you're going to use Ellipsis like an *** clown.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Knockturnal View Post
    I believe 156 and this fight have been moved to Superbowl weekend so wont be in January but the UFC may do a Fuel or FX card in January.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tnewkirk View Post
    jon jones attempts to dunk, what a ****en goof ball, that honestly shows you he's not this great coordinated athlete, he's just akward. im 6ft got no ups but can dunk every now and then, this idiot is 6'4 with longer arms.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AascLyC_oA8
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    Same here that is insane. I'm 6'1 , white and could dunk in high school.... Yet this guy is a professional athlete who is 6'4 with like a 3000-inch wingspan and he can't dunk Seriously he should only have to jump like a foot.
    I don't see the problem, he can't dunk, big deal. Basketball is just not for him, MMA is. That's like making fun of Johnnie Morton for not being able to fight, He excelled at football not MMA. Not everyone can be good at every sport...

Quote Originally Posted by Jetsguy View Post
    I believe 156 and this fight have been moved to Superbowl weekend so wont be in January but the UFC may do a Fuel or FX card in January.
    Yeah, they'll headline Super Bowl weekend. There won't be a PPV in January, but we should get a 1-2 free shows.

The next Brazil card will be in January and is looking good so far:

Gabriel Gonzaga vs Ben Rothwell
    Thiagi Tavares vs Khabib Nurmagomedov
    Yuri Alcantara vs George Roop
    Diego Nunes vs Nick Lentz
    Miltinho Viera vs Godofredo Pepey

All that card needs is Vitor vs Bisping to headline it...
    Last edited by Knockturnal; 11-02-2012 at 04:05 PM.
    -----

vCash
    Thiago Alves to have knee surgery before years end, plans February comeback

Top-ranked UFC welterweight Thiago Alves is scheduled to undergo knee surgery to repair his PCL before years' end. The nagging injury has kept the talented fighter out of action since March when he competed at UFC on FX 2 against Martin Kampmann.

Throughout the fight Alves seemed to easily pick the Danish mixed martial artist apart, however, the persistent Kampmann hung in there and eventually locked in a guillotine choke as Alves shot in for a takedown in the final seconds of the third and final round.

To the disbelief of everyone at the arena, Alves was force to tap with less than a minute left in the fight.

Since then, Alves has been sidelined by injuries. He's recovering from surgery he had to repair his chest muscle, and now he will also have surgery on his PCL, which has been affecting his Octagon performances since 2009.

Alves plans to make a run at the UFC welterweight title in 2013, when he is fully healed.
    Hope he has a speedy recovery, the WW is better than ever right now and I would love to see him fight fighters like Hendricks, Ellenberger, Condit, Rory, Silva etc...
    -----

vCash
    I don't see the problem, he can't dunk, big deal. Basketball is just not for him, MMA is. That's like making fun of Johnnie Morton for not being able to fight, He excelled at football not MMA. Not everyone can be good at every sport...

Yeah, they'll headline Super Bowl weekend. There won't be a PPV in January, but we should get a 1-2 free shows.

The next Brazil card will be in January and is looking good so far:

Gabriel Gonzaga vs Ben Rothwell
    Thiagi Tavares vs Khabib Nurmagomedov
    Yuri Alcantara vs George Roop
    Diego Nunes vs Nick Lentz
    Miltinho Viera vs Godofredo Pepey

All that card needs is Vitor vs Bisping to headline it...
    I has nothing to do with being good at basketball. If you are 6'4 and have a 84" reach then you should be able to stand underneath the goal and just jump up and dunk it.... Its amazing because he should only have to jump 16-24 inches to dunk a basketball. There are +300-pound linemen in the NFL that can easily jump that high.

vCash
    I has nothing to do with being good at basketball. If you are 6'4 and have a 84" reach then you should be able to stand underneath the goal and just jump up and dunk it.... Its amazing because he should only have to jump 16-24 inches to dunk a basketball. There are +300-pound linemen in the NFL that can easily jump that high.
    Ehh, is not like he can't jump, he has a 48 vertical leap, that's more than impressive.

Watching the video he easily touches the rim, maybe he's not timing hes jump right...
    -----

vCash
    Anthony Pettis vs. Donald Cerrone targeted for Jan. 26, possibly UFC on FOX 6

A long-anticipated fight between lightweight contenders Anthony Pettis (15-2 MMA, 2-1 UFC) and Donald Cerrone (19-4 MMA, 6-1 UFC) is nearly set.

Sources close to the promotion told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) the fighters are targeted to meet at a UFC event on Jan. 26, possibly UFC on FOX 6.

A venue for the event could not be confirmed at the time of this writing, though sources said Chicago is one candidate.

Two of the top 155-pound fighters in the UFC, Pettis and Cerrone previously were targeted for UFC 150, which took place Aug. 11 at Denver's Pepsi Center. However, a shoulder injury and subsequent surgery forced Pettis to withdraw from the fight.

According to Cerrone, it was the first of several times that he was unsuccessful in securing a fight with the ex-WEC champ.

"Every time I suggest it, his manager comes back and says, 'Well, maybe 'Cowboy' could fight somebody else right now,' and it's just this excuse to not fight," he said.

Pettis' camp disputed that claim and said the fighter would be ready to fight Cerrone, especially if a title shot were on the line.

"Anthony is running for whoever has got the belt, and unfortunately for 'Cowboy,' it's never been him," Pettis' manager, Mike Roberts, said.

In lieu of meeting Pettis, Cerrone, who trains at Jackson-Winkeljohn's MMA in Albuquerque, N.M., fought former training partner Melvin Guillard at UFC 150 and scored his sixth octagon victory with a first-round knockout. Including the tail end of his WEC career, he's now 8-1 over his past nine fights, and the lone loss came to upcoming title challenger Nate Diaz.

Pettis most recently fought in February at UFC 144, where he notched his second UFC win with a first-round knockout of Joe Lauzon. The Duke Roufus protege and Milwaukee native took the lightweight belt from now-UFC champ Benson Henderson in the now-defunct WEC's final event. He's now 6-1 over his past seven fights.
    Hope it's true, this is one I been waiting for a while and the fact that it will on Fox during the NFL playoffs makes it that much sweeter. Granted I would have rather see the card on the 12th right after the Divisional games, but a week after the Championship games and a day before the Pro Bowl is fine too.
    -----

vCash
    Ehh, is not like he can't jump, he has a 48 vertical leap, that's more than impressive.

Watching the video he easily touches the rim, maybe he's not timing hes jump right...
    lol no he doesnt, maybe 30. nate robinson has somewhere close to 48. its not so much about his jumping ability, if you watch he jumps off his right leg which is wrong if you're a righty. he looked like a girl trying to dribble, i guess the only thing he ever did in high school was wrestle. its funny i remember him saying if he was in the nfl he'd be a wr, after admitting he couldnt catch a football.

vCash
    Defentially going to try to get tickets for the UFC on Fox 6 show in Chicago if true. Pettis Vs. Cerrone is going to be a war! If they add Hendo/Machida and/or Tex/Rampage I will be ecstatic!!!

vCash
    I would love to see Hendo Lyoto more than Rua Gus... But fox 5 has a better main. Imo

New York Yankees

Dallas Mavericks

New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    HW: Brock "The White Gorilla"Lesnar
    MW: Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida
    WW: Jonny "BIGG RIGG" hendricks
    LW: Nate Diaz
    FLW: John "The Magician" Dodson
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.
    Favorite Athletes: Dirk Nowitzki, Brock Lesnar & Lyoto Machida

vCash

There is no way. With his reach and height he would be able to damn near touch the top of the backboard.

vCash
    There is no way. With his reach and height he would be able to damn near touch the top of the backboard.
    Agreed (well maybe not the top of the BB).

If he is 6'4" - 76"
    Arms are 40-42"

That means he should come within 2" of the rim standing underneath the basket if my math is correct which it may not be.

I think that was either fake or just a very uncoordinated attempt (which is hard to believe when you see the way he moves in the ring).

Page 63 of 73 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast