Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 56 of 73 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast
Results 826 to 840 of 1091
  1. #826
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,601
    vCash
    1342
    Quote Originally Posted by yanks19791024 View Post
    Dana great promoter, but is he the face Zuffa wants moving forward. Id say no, make him the co-owner\promoter. He should not be called president of any company talking the way he does...
    Fans have been saying that for how long now? Just wait, the day that Dana steps down, people will be begging for him to return. He isn't perfect, not by a long shot, but he has done a good job to get the UFC to the next level.

    As for Rashad, I'm not surprised he declined. Is not the first time he's done it, he declined to fight AS and Nogueira in the past. I bet he would have declined the fight with even 6 weeks noticed.

    At this point, if Glover beats Maldonado (by that I mean another highlight reel KO), how do you not give him a title shot? The way everyone has avoided him, I think he has earned it by default...
    -----

  2. #827
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    S.A New Jersey
    Posts
    10,828
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Knockturnal View Post
    Fans have been saying that for how long now? Just wait, the day that Dana steps down, people will be begging for him to return. He isn't perfect, not by a long shot, but he has done a good job to get the UFC to the next level. As for Rashad, I'm not surprised he declined. Is not the first time he's done it, he declined to fight AS and Nogueira in the past. I bet he would have declined the fight with even 6 weeks noticed.

    At this point, if Glover beats Maldonado (by that I mean another highlight reel KO), how do you not give him a title shot? The way everyone has avoided him, I think he has earned it by default...
    I agree he def help mold this company to where it is today.Just moving forward I think calling him the president of a billion dollar company and making him the face, will hurt in the long run. If you ever disagree with him, forget about it, he will bash any fighter, his say anything type of attitude makes me sick.

    I'm not saying take away his powers, just remove his title. I know its just a title and we will still see him everywhere and at every event. How many times can he put his foot in his mouth, it will come back to bite him in the ***.
    FAV FIGHTERS- HW-Struve-JDS-D.Cormier LHW-Gustafsson -Ovince St. Preux Machida MW-Kenndey-D.Miller-Chris WeidmanWW-Condit-Rory MacDonald-Kampmann-Douglas Lima-Marquardt LW-Penn-Edgar-Jim Miller-Joe Lauzon-FW-Jung Patricio Freire BW-Torres-Dantas- Faber-Fly-Benavidez

  3. #828
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    S.A New Jersey
    Posts
    10,828
    vCash
    1500
    MAIN CARD (NBC Sports Network)

    •Andrei Arlovski vs. Devin Cole
    •Marlon Moraes vs. Miguel Torres
    •Anthony Johnson vs. D.J. Linderman
    •Josh Burkman vs. Gerald Harris
    •Brian Cobb vs. Rony Torres
    •Gregor Gracie vs. Tyson Steele
    PRELIMINARY CARD

    •Gesias "JZ" Cavalcante vs. TBA
    •Bobby Lashley vs. TBA
    •Rolles Gracie vs. TBA
    •James McSweeney vs. TBA
    FAV FIGHTERS- HW-Struve-JDS-D.Cormier LHW-Gustafsson -Ovince St. Preux Machida MW-Kenndey-D.Miller-Chris WeidmanWW-Condit-Rory MacDonald-Kampmann-Douglas Lima-Marquardt LW-Penn-Edgar-Jim Miller-Joe Lauzon-FW-Jung Patricio Freire BW-Torres-Dantas- Faber-Fly-Benavidez

  4. #829
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    S.A New Jersey
    Posts
    10,828
    vCash
    1500
    Charlie Brenneman apparently released by UFC
    FAV FIGHTERS- HW-Struve-JDS-D.Cormier LHW-Gustafsson -Ovince St. Preux Machida MW-Kenndey-D.Miller-Chris WeidmanWW-Condit-Rory MacDonald-Kampmann-Douglas Lima-Marquardt LW-Penn-Edgar-Jim Miller-Joe Lauzon-FW-Jung Patricio Freire BW-Torres-Dantas- Faber-Fly-Benavidez

  5. #830
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    12,097
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by yanks19791024 View Post
    Charlie Brenneman apparently released by UFC
    the less wet blankets,the better
    Favorite fighters:
    Ian McCall, Brian Bowles, Chan Sung Jung, Nate Diaz, Nick Diaz, Dan Hardy, Duane Ludwig, Mike Pierce, Rick Story, Jake Ellenberger, Wanderlei Silva, Anderson Silva, Chael Sonnen, Rich Franklin, Dan Henderson, Rashad Evans, Phil Davis, Shane Carwin, Gabriel Gonzaga

  6. #831
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,601
    vCash
    1342
    Quote Originally Posted by yanks19791024 View Post
    MAIN CARD (NBC Sports Network)

    •Andrei Arlovski vs. Devin Cole
    •Marlon Moraes vs. Miguel Torres
    •Anthony Johnson vs. D.J. Linderman
    •Josh Burkman vs. Gerald Harris
    •Brian Cobb vs. Rony Torres
    •Gregor Gracie vs. Tyson Steele
    PRELIMINARY CARD

    •Gesias "JZ" Cavalcante vs. TBA
    •Bobby Lashley vs. TBA
    •Rolles Gracie vs. TBA
    •James McSweeney vs. TBA
    That's a good looking card. A lot of recognizable names and the best part, it's free. If they play their cards right and not try to compete with the UFC, they could give Bellator a run for their money.

    Quote Originally Posted by yanks19791024 View Post
    Charlie Brenneman apparently released by UFC
    A month or two ago, I would have been sort of disappointed with the news, but after the comments he made after the UFC 151 debacle, I don't really care.
    -----

  7. #832
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    6,689
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by yanks19791024 View Post
    Charle Brenneman apparently released by UFC
    Good choice. His style is not attractive, he doesn't possess any striking ability, not only that but he got run over in his last 3 losses, all them ended in the first round. Two were by TKO. He's just not good against well rounded fighters. Against guys like Story, who face the same limitations he can succeed but against Erick Silva, I mean that was a massive mismatch.

  8. #833
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,710
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by zn23 View Post
    Good choice. His style is not attractive, he doesn't possess any striking ability, not only that but he got run over in his last 3 losses, all them ended in the first round. Two were by TKO. He's just not good against well rounded fighters. Against guys like Story, who face the same limitations he can succeed but against Erick Silva, I mean that was a massive mismatch.
    agree, like i said before his type of breed will die out. he only wrestles and look what happened when he faced guys that have good tdd and can strike.

  9. #834
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    39,983
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by tnewkirk View Post
    agree, like i said before his type of breed will die out. he only wrestles and look what happened when he faced guys that have good tdd and can strike.
    Yeah if all you do is lay-and-pray then you better go undefeated or the UFC is gonna start finding a way to get rid of you..... Unless you are British.

  10. #835
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    39,983
    vCash
    500
    Old but something I found interesting. I may have just forgot or missed it at the time but I don't remember ever hearing about this at the time.

    Forrest Griffin was fined and suspended 30 days for a positive test for Xanax by the Pennsylvania Athletic Commission. MMAWeekly.com confirmed with the PAC that Griffin was suspended 30 days after his loss to Anderson Silva in 2009.

    "On August 8 of 2009 he got a suspension, he had to take a re-test, he got a fine, everything was satisfied and it states specifically in the database 'must contact PA commission before next bout,'" PAC Executive Director Greg Sirb stated.

    Griffin appeared on The MMA Hour recently and mentioned the failed drug test and why he took Xanax. He was hoping that by taking the drug he could loosen up his nerves and sleep prior to facing Silva.
    http://www.fightline.com/fl/news/201...rrest-griffin/

  11. #836
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bellingham, WA
    Posts
    12,100
    vCash
    1500
    Tickets go on sale tomorrow for UFC club members for UFC FOX on 5.... Wish I was one but not worth the $75. Hopefully there will still be some good seats left.

    New York Yankees

    Dallas Mavericks

    New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    HW: Brock "The White Gorilla"Lesnar
    MW: Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida
    WW: Jonny "BIGG RIGG" hendricks
    LW: Nate Diaz
    FLW: John "The Magician" Dodson
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.
    Favorite Athletes: Dirk Nowitzki, Brock Lesnar & Lyoto Machida


  12. #837
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bellingham, WA
    Posts
    12,100
    vCash
    1500
    When I looked on ticket master all they wanted was the UFC club code. So all I need is someone's code?

    New York Yankees

    Dallas Mavericks

    New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    HW: Brock "The White Gorilla"Lesnar
    MW: Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida
    WW: Jonny "BIGG RIGG" hendricks
    LW: Nate Diaz
    FLW: John "The Magician" Dodson
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.
    Favorite Athletes: Dirk Nowitzki, Brock Lesnar & Lyoto Machida


  13. #838
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The Great Northeast
    Posts
    29,275
    vCash
    1500
    Eiji Mitsuoka, Michihiro Omigawa, Tommy Hayden, & Walel Watson all cut by UFC

  14. #839
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    S.A New Jersey
    Posts
    10,828
    vCash
    1500
    Gonzaga (13-6) has not been given a new opponent by the UFC. Rumors have him stepping in to face Daniel Cormier in Strikeforce, though nothing has been confirmed by Zuffa.

    Gonzaga opponent hurt, he is pulled from card
    FAV FIGHTERS- HW-Struve-JDS-D.Cormier LHW-Gustafsson -Ovince St. Preux Machida MW-Kenndey-D.Miller-Chris WeidmanWW-Condit-Rory MacDonald-Kampmann-Douglas Lima-Marquardt LW-Penn-Edgar-Jim Miller-Joe Lauzon-FW-Jung Patricio Freire BW-Torres-Dantas- Faber-Fly-Benavidez

  15. #840
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    S.A New Jersey
    Posts
    10,828
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    Old but something I found interesting. I may have just forgot or missed it at the time but I don't remember ever hearing about this at the time.



    http://www.fightline.com/fl/news/201...rrest-griffin/
    You didn't hear about it bc it was not released to the public, Opie volunteer info out
    FAV FIGHTERS- HW-Struve-JDS-D.Cormier LHW-Gustafsson -Ovince St. Preux Machida MW-Kenndey-D.Miller-Chris WeidmanWW-Condit-Rory MacDonald-Kampmann-Douglas Lima-Marquardt LW-Penn-Edgar-Jim Miller-Joe Lauzon-FW-Jung Patricio Freire BW-Torres-Dantas- Faber-Fly-Benavidez

Page 56 of 73 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •