Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 73 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I don't even know when these episodes start. I only end up watching them off ufc.com

vCash
    Rumored Fedor opponent.. Rolles Gracie.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tnewkirk View Post
    well they only had 2 events in 6 months on fox, first one was only one fight that ended quick, second was really boring. also everyone has fox, not everyone has fx and more people have spike than fx.
    They have almost the exact same viewership of around 100 million. But FX has the benefit of getting extra pull from Fuel and Fox as both those channels show commercials for their programming.

These numbers are bad there is no way around it.... These programs on Fox are getting 3 times as much marketing and the numbers are already lower than what they were getting on Spike and still dropping.... In meantime Spike has seen their ratings go up +20% since the UFC left for Fox.

There is no argument for the numbers because all of the UFC programming on Fox/FX/Fuel has been dropping across the board except.... The Prelims on FX. The Prelims on FX have seen significant increase in ratings. So whatever excuse you want to use whether it be the night, the channel change, people not having the channel etc. people have shown to be able to find and watch the prelims on FX. Why not any of other programming?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    I'm about as interested in seeing that as I am in seeing Bobby Lashley vs James Thompson.

vCash
    Brandon Vera vs James Te Huna at UFC on FX 4

Jon Fitch vs Aaron Simpson at UFC 149

http://www.fightline.com/fl/news/201...147/jon-fitch/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    I'm about as interested in seeing that as I am in seeing Bobby Lashley vs James Thompson.
    I laugh when Thompson wins.

vCash
    Maybe the winner of this fight, fights the winner of Thompson/Lashely

This is the type of fight were legends are born...

Brandon Vera vs James Te Huna at UFC on FX 4

Jon Fitch vs Aaron Simpson at UFC 149

http://www.fightline.com/fl/news/201...147/jon-fitch/
    Simpson not getting a gimmie. Interesting fight for Fitch, Simpson has the wrestling to keep this fight on the feet and if he does, I think he has the better striking. A loss for Fitch here and it's guarantee he stays on the prelims for his next few fights.

Vera/Te Huna sounds about right, winnable fight for either, Te Huna looked really good in his last fight vs Rosa, while Vera not so much vs Silva. Is not going to be an easy fight for the the future LHW and HW champion of the world...
    -----

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Knockturnal View Post
    Vera/Te Huna sounds about right, winnable fight for either, Te Huna looked really good in his last fight vs Rosa, while Vera not so much vs Silva. Is not going to be an easy fight for the the future LHW and HW champion of the world...
    Brandon Vera beat Elliott Marshall in the Fall. Give credit, where credit deserves.

vCash
    Simpson not getting a gimmie. Interesting fight for Fitch, Simpson has the wrestling to keep this fight on the feet and if he does, I think he has the better striking. A loss for Fitch here and it's guarantee he stays on the prelims for his next few fights.

I don't know that Simpson can keep that standing. And he tends to gas. I could envision him winning RD 1 and then losing the next 2.

vCash
    Brandon Vera beat Elliott Marshall in the Fall. Give credit, where credit deserves.
    You're right, I completely forgot about that fight (for some reason I thought Silva was his last opponent). I guess that's a solid win for the Truth...

Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    I don't know that Simpson can keep that standing. And he tends to gas. I could envision him winning RD 1 and then losing the next 2.
    Yeah, cardio will be key for Aaron, we know Fitch can keep up a good pace for 5 rounds. The cut should play a huge factor in the fight.
    -----

vCash
    You're right, I completely forgot about that fight (for some reason I thought Silva was his last opponent). I guess that's a solid win for the Truth....
    I was joking, really. Brandon Vera sucked in that fight too.

vCash
    TUF: Austrailia vs U.K. scheduled for September. Brad Pickett is rumored to be the coach for the UK.

vCash
    Because you have to draw the line somewhere. And the athletic commissions have done exactly that with a list of PEDs that are not allowed that each fighter is well aware of getting into the sport. These are rules. When people break the rules they get punished. If you don't like the rules then go do another sport.

There is a huge difference in performance enhancing drugs in mixed martial arts than in other sports. This isn't baseball where records are being broken.... Bones are being broken. The object of the sport is to inflict physical damage on your opponent.

Do you really want to see what will happen to mixed martial arts if somebody gets seriously hurt or killed in the octagon and his opponent tests positive for steroids?
    PEDs would also help fighters heal better and enter the cage in less depreciated states, perhaps preventing an ugly injury. I'm on board with PEDs. Allow them so they playing field is even. Because we know guys are doing it now, it's just which ones risk it and which ones get caught.

Also, a death in the sport is inevitable. It won't be on account of PEDs. It will probably be based on a fluke neck injury or something missed during a prefight injury.

vCash
    UFC on FOX 3 – Darren Uyenoyama out, Tim Elliott in for John Dodson on May 5th in New Jersey
    FAV FIGHTERS- HW-Struve-JDS-D.Cormier LHW-Gustafsson -Ovince St. Preux Machida MW-Kenndey-D.Miller-Chris WeidmanWW-Condit-Rory MacDonald-Kampmann-Douglas Lima-Marquardt LW-Penn-Edgar-Jim Miller-Joe Lauzon-FW-Jung Patricio Freire BW-Torres-Dantas- Faber-Fly-Benavidez

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yanks19791024 View Post
    UFC on FOX 3 Darren Uyenoyama out, Tim Elliott in for John Dodson on May 5th in New Jersey
    That's a good fight, Elliott adds depth to a division that needs it.
    -----

Page 4 of 73 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast