Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 25 of 73 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    vCash
    They have certain rules in where you can soccer kick
    FAV FIGHTERS- HW-Struve-JDS-D.Cormier LHW-Gustafsson -Ovince St. Preux Machida MW-Kenndey-D.Miller-Chris WeidmanWW-Condit-Rory MacDonald-Kampmann-Douglas Lima-Marquardt LW-Penn-Edgar-Jim Miller-Joe Lauzon-FW-Jung Patricio Freire BW-Torres-Dantas- Faber-Fly-Benavidez

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    He has said that he has a very hard time making 155 LBS. I feel like 145 LBs is certainly out of the question. He needs to return to the States and join a camp that will get him going. Team Alpha Male would be interesting. Team ATT, Xtreme Couture, and Team Quest are certainly there too.
    Roger Huerta is still one of the most talented fighters in the world, but he just needs to get serious about it again. He left the UFC thinking he could do better. Like you said, he needs to come back to the US and devote himself to the sport. I think any team would take him on honestly. AKA, the Blackzilians, hell even Jackson's gym are there too. Huerta does have a lot of muscle and I think 145 would be pretty hard to make. There is no excuse for him to not be fighting at 155 though, he is not that big and he definitely is not a WW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekial View Post
    Kill: Graham Harrell- he's the worst thing I've ever seen... God awful. When you're watching a game thinking "why are they letting a high school cancer patient play a preseason game for make a wish foundation, he could get hurt." Then realize he's a professional, he deserves to die.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Walls Era View Post
    Don't talk about proper writing if you're going to use Ellipsis like an *** clown.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Knockturnal View Post
    I didn't get that at all. I don't think he said he is owed a title shot. What I took from him was that he helped the UFC a lot and it would be nice if the UFC can somehow someway down the road (that could mean giving him a job like the one Liddell has after he retires) could return the favor. He didn't even bring it up, he was just answering a question. He says he wants to make one last run at the belt, and it would be nice if the UFC could give him fights where he could make that happen. I don't see anything wrong with that...
    Well, the LHW division doesn't have that many contenders left that JBJ hasn't beaten, so i could see Franklin get a shot there if he wants it.

vCash
    Report: UFC 147 draws 16,643 live fans and 20 million on Brazilian TV
    FAV FIGHTERS- HW-Struve-JDS-D.Cormier LHW-Gustafsson -Ovince St. Preux Machida MW-Kenndey-D.Miller-Chris WeidmanWW-Condit-Rory MacDonald-Kampmann-Douglas Lima-Marquardt LW-Penn-Edgar-Jim Miller-Joe Lauzon-FW-Jung Patricio Freire BW-Torres-Dantas- Faber-Fly-Benavidez

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WillisLovechild View Post
    Roger Huerta is still one of the most talented fighters in the world, but he just needs to get serious about it again. He left the UFC thinking he could do better. Like you said, he needs to come back to the US and devote himself to the sport. I think any team would take him on honestly. AKA, the Blackzilians, hell even Jackson's gym are there too. Huerta does have a lot of muscle and I think 145 would be pretty hard to make. There is no excuse for him to not be fighting at 155 though, he is not that big and he definitely is not a WW.
    I don't think he was ever one of the most talented fighters to be honest. His biggest wins are against Clay Guida and Matt Wiman. He got beat for 2 1/2 rounds in that fight against Guida and pulled a last minute submission. Then he beat Matt Wiman who was just in his 6th professional fight. Then look at the losses and you have Melvin Guillard (overturned but he lost), Kenny Florian, Gray Maynard, Pat Curran, Eddie Alvarez etc.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRedMarauder View Post
    Well, the LHW division doesn't have that many contenders left that JBJ hasn't beaten, so i could see Franklin get a shot there if he wants it.
    What did Rich Franklin do to piss you off?

vCash
    Roger Huerta was a top guy in a different era.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    Roger Huerta was a top guy in a different era.
    What era was that? He was an overhyped striker that got styled on by Ken Flo. Were it not for his looks, he never would have been half as relevant as he was.

vCash
    A new comment from Forrest Griffin.... Please

"Tito [Ortiz] Was Jon Jones Before There Was A Jon Jones"
    http://www.fightline.com/fl/news/201...rrest-griffin/

King Mo saying that he aims to be Bellator champion at 205 and Heavyweight.

http://www.fightline.com/fl/news/201...king-mo-lawal/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    A new comment from Forrest Griffin.... Please

http://www.fightline.com/fl/news/201...rrest-griffin/

King Mo saying that he aims to be Bellator champion at 205 and Heavyweight.

http://www.fightline.com/fl/news/201...king-mo-lawal/
    Who's Jones ducking? If it wasn't for Liddell, that's kind of true I guess. Ortiz's skill never matched this new era but he dominated people.

King Mo also said he wants to be a Pro-Wrestling tag team champion.

vCash
    I dont know look back at when Tito was supposedly in his prime.

He had wins over

Jerry Bohlander, Guy Mezger, Yuki Kondo, Wanderlei Silva, Elvis Sonosic, Vladimir Matyushenko, Evan Tanner, Vitor Belfort, Patrick Cote, Forrest Griffin and Ken Shamrock (3).

He had losses against

Frank Shamrock, Randy Couture and Chuck Liddell (2)

(1) You look at the wins and how many of those were against smaller opponents. Quite a few.... If you look at those I would only consider 3 of those to be really good wins Wandy, Vitor and Forrest.

(2) You look at the losses and they weren't just losses he got beat pretty handily in all 4 of those fights. One of those against a guy that was a natural middleweight in Frank Shamrock. Randy Couture dominated him for 5 rounds and literally spanked him at one point. Chuck Liddell became famous for the way he destroyed Tito Ortiz not once but twice in their fights.

(3) Then you look in comparison Jon Jones is 10-1 in the UFC. His only loss was via DQ in a fight where he was destroying his opponent. We all know he is 11-0 in the UFC regardless of what that fight shows on his record. Then you look at his wins and you see Shogun Rua, Machida, Rampage and Rashad in just the last 4 fights. Those are arguably 4 of the best Light Heavyweights to ever fight in the UFC and he not only beat those guys but beat them easily.

vCash
    I don't think he was ever one of the most talented fighters to be honest. His biggest wins are against Clay Guida and Matt Wiman. He got beat for 2 1/2 rounds in that fight against Guida and pulled a last minute submission. Then he beat Matt Wiman who was just in his 6th professional fight. Then look at the losses and you have Melvin Guillard (overturned but he lost), Kenny Florian, Gray Maynard, Pat Curran, Eddie Alvarez etc.
    If you're going to say he barely beat Guida, then you have to admit that he barely lost to Maynard. I don't know about you, but those guys you listed that he lost to are pretty damn good and were the cream of the crop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekial View Post
    Kill: Graham Harrell- he's the worst thing I've ever seen... God awful. When you're watching a game thinking "why are they letting a high school cancer patient play a preseason game for make a wish foundation, he could get hurt." Then realize he's a professional, he deserves to die.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Walls Era View Post
    Don't talk about proper writing if you're going to use Ellipsis like an *** clown.

vCash

He had wins over

Jerry Bohlander, Guy Mezger, Yuki Kondo, Wanderlei Silva, Elvis Sonosic, Vladimir Matyushenko, Evan Tanner, Vitor Belfort, Patrick Cote, Forrest Griffin and Ken Shamrock (3).

He had losses against

Frank Shamrock, Randy Couture and Chuck Liddell (2)

(1) You look at the wins and how many of those were against smaller opponents. Quite a few.... If you look at those I would only consider 3 of those to be really good wins Wandy, Vitor and Forrest.

(2) You look at the losses and they weren't just losses he got beat pretty handily in all 4 of those fights. One of those against a guy that was a natural middleweight in Frank Shamrock. Randy Couture dominated him for 5 rounds and literally spanked him at one point. Chuck Liddell became famous for the way he destroyed Tito Ortiz not once but twice in their fights.

(3) Then you look in comparison Jon Jones is 10-1 in the UFC. His only loss was via DQ in a fight where he was destroying his opponent. We all know he is 11-0 in the UFC regardless of what that fight shows on his record. Then you look at his wins and you see Shogun Rua, Machida, Rampage and Rashad in just the last 4 fights. Those are arguably 4 of the best Light Heavyweights to ever fight in the UFC and he not only beat those guys but beat them easily.
    For me Tito, although he was a corner stone for the UFC and its popularity I consider him to be on the most overrated fighters of all time. In fact, I would say he is the most overrated ever. First off the record, 16-10, is not good by any means. It will be 16-11 after UFC 148. But besides the record, and the worst stretch I've ever seen, going 1-6-1 in his last 8., he really does not have any huge wins. I mean yea he beat Wanderlei, but that was a pre-prime Wanderlei. Wanderlei hadn't hit his stride yet. When he went into Pride I mean you look at the guys he beat, Henderson, Arona, Rampage all guys that I believe would have destroyed Tito. He beat Belfort , In a very close fight, I know some people I've debated with believe that it was a robbery take that for what it is. The first Forrest Griffin fight, also debatable whether he won. So you take away the 3 easy Ken Shamrock freak shows, 2 close fights, and what does he have?

He defended his title 5 titles against average at best competition. His fight with Matyushenko is considered one of the worst fights in MMA history, I watched the fight myself and it was a disaster, it makes Demian Maia vs. Anderson look like a war. Apart the draw from Rashad Evans his career is highly underwhelming imo.

Quote Originally Posted by WillisLovechild View Post
    If you're going to say he barely beat Guida, then you have to admit that he barely lost to Maynard. I don't know about you, but those guys you listed that he lost to are pretty damn good and were the cream of the crop.
    I was a fan of Roger Huerta, he wasn't the most technical fighter, but he did fight with a lot of heart and all of his UFC fights were exciting. Also the Guida fight was very close, I gave Huerta the first round, I gave Guida the 2nd round cause of the knockdown, and then in the 3rd round he had a huge comeback performance where he rocked Guida and then finished him. It was one of the best fights I've seen. It's sad to see what happened to him, the stuff outside of the ring really played a role imo, he got caught up in being a celebrity and did not train seriously.
    Last edited by zn23; 06-26-2012 at 01:27 AM.

vCash
    Vitor Belfort talks about likely moving up to 205 soon as he likely will find it harder to make weight at 185.

http://www.fightline.com/fl/news/201...vitor-belfort/

BJ Penn requesting for VADA Olympic style testing for his upcoming bout against Rory MacDonald.

http://www.fightline.com/fl/news/201...49112/bj-penn/

vCash
    Looks like Rory agreed to VADA testing

@bjpenndotcom already worried BJ? honestly i think its a great idea 2, and im ready to do the testing for our fight aswell @danawhite
    https://twitter.com/rory_macdonald/s...26543915515905

vCash

He had wins over

Jerry Bohlander, Guy Mezger, Yuki Kondo, Wanderlei Silva, Vladimir Matyushenko, Evan Tanner, Vitor Belfort
    It's hard for me to really rate Tito's career because really his prime came before MMA really took off and evolved. Of the names listed above, only Belfort and Silva went on to have remarkable careers, but back then at the time Tito beat them all those other guys were highly rated, it's just that these guys didn't evolve with the sport, which the same could be said for Tito.

Page 25 of 73 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast