Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 22 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast
    vCash
    149 has good fighters on it, but bad matchups. Siyar, Hector, Barao, Faber are all good fighters, but I think they have some favorable matchups. Although I wouldn't mind seeing another highlight reel knockout by Siyar. The injuries ruined a great card. The original card was looking very good.

vCash
    UFC 150 Draws Max Holloway vs. Justin Lawrence

Wow!!!! Id pay just to watch this
    FAV FIGHTERS- HW-Struve-JDS-D.Cormier LHW-Gustafsson -Ovince St. Preux Machida MW-Kenndey-D.Miller-Chris WeidmanWW-Condit-Rory MacDonald-Kampmann-Douglas Lima-Marquardt LW-Penn-Edgar-Jim Miller-Joe Lauzon-FW-Jung Patricio Freire BW-Torres-Dantas- Faber-Fly-Benavidez

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yanks19791024 View Post
    UFC 150 Draws Max Holloway vs. Justin Lawrence

Wow!!!! Id pay just to watch this
    Justin Lawrence ended up dropping down? Fantastic.

vCash
    Now that's a good fight and with both being strikers first, I doubt either will take it to the ground.

I'm a fan of both, but I have to go with Justin. However, with the fight being in Denver, he's going to need to work on his cardio even more.
    -----

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TopsyTurvy View Post
    I would duck a fight with Kongo just to keep everything below the belt intact.
    Just wanted to say your gif is the greatest of all time.

For those who don't know, look up "kate upton cat daddy" on youtube.

All praise to TopsyTurvy.

vCash
    Rousimar Palhares replaces Luiz Cane against Yushin Okami at UFC 150
    WoW. I called this on sherdog over the weekend in a thread predicting the next fighter to pull out injured. You had Luiz Cane who was 1-3 in his last 4 fights making his debut at 185 against a top 10 opponent in Yushin Okami (a bad matchup) where a loss probably gets him cut.

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/70396389-post19.html

Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    Josh Koscheck said he'd be willing to fight in Brazil. Put him on this card, and have him take on anyone really.
    Glover, Machida and Koscheck have all said within the last month that they would fight on UFC 147 if the UFC wanted it.... The UFC knows that event is gonna suck and just said screw it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    Yep it is on sherdog now as well. Big Nog is out and Shawn Jordan is stepping in to fight Kongo.
    WHO

vCash
    Che Mills vs. Duane Ludwig slated for UFC on FUEL TV 5 in Nottingham
    FAV FIGHTERS- HW-Struve-JDS-D.Cormier LHW-Gustafsson -Ovince St. Preux Machida MW-Kenndey-D.Miller-Chris WeidmanWW-Condit-Rory MacDonald-Kampmann-Douglas Lima-Marquardt LW-Penn-Edgar-Jim Miller-Joe Lauzon-FW-Jung Patricio Freire BW-Torres-Dantas- Faber-Fly-Benavidez

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Metal Militia View Post
    WHO
    Shawn Jordan is pretty much part of the Strikeforce Heavyweight division that got moved over to the UFC. He is in his mid 20s has a 13-3 record but not really many notables his biggest win is probably Lavar Johnson. But he went 1-1 in Bellator, 1-1 in Strikeforce and won his UFC debut against Oli Thompson but I'm guessing he loses this fight making him 1-1 in the UFC as well.

vCash
    Dan Hardy vs. Amir Sadollah slated for UFC on FUEL TV 5 in Nottingham

vCash
    Trying to build up Hardy I see.

vCash
    The loser should have to go to Strikeforce. Then the winner should have to fight one more time in the UFC and then go to Strikeforce....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    Shawn Jordan is pretty much part of the Strikeforce Heavyweight division that got moved over to the UFC. He is in his mid 20s has a 13-3 record but not really many notables his biggest win is probably Lavar Johnson. But he went 1-1 in Bellator, 1-1 in Strikeforce and won his UFC debut against Oli Thompson but I'm guessing he loses this fight making him 1-1 in the UFC as well.
    He was also a fullback for LSU's 2007 National Championship team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    Trying to build up Hardy I see.
    Well is not like they can give him a top 10 fighter. They need to build him up again. It would be stupid to throw him to the wolves when he's 1-4 in his last 5.
    -----

vCash
    UFC plans October return to Rio de Janeiro, likely for UFC 153

BELO HORIZONTE, Brazil – On the eve of this weekend's UFC 147 event in Belo Horizonte, Brazil, the promotion is already planning a return trip to South America's largest country.

Marshall Zelaznik, the UFC's managing director of international development, today revealed during a UFC 147 pre-event press conference that the organization is planning to visit Brazil again before year's end.

MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) has confirmed with additional sources close to the event that promotion officials are targeting an Oct. 13 date at HSBC Arena in Rio de Janeiro for the event, which could serve as 153. However, those same sources warned that both the date and host city of the event could potentially change before an official announcement is made.

The UFC first visited Brazil in October 1998 for UFC 17.5 in Sao Paulo. The company didn't return to the country until August 2011 for UFC 134. However, the overwhelming support of the country for the UFC has earned Brazil quick return trips for January's UFC 142 fight card, as well as this Saturday's upcoming UFC 147 event.

"The growth of the UFC here is based on the foundation of Brazilian jiu-jitsu, and a real foundation for this sport in this country – the icons, the Brazilian fighters, the champions – have put the UFC in a great position for success here," Zelaznik said.

Brazil has already hosted two recent championship fights involving native athletes, with middleweight champion Anderson Silva defeating Yushin Okami at UFC 134 and featherweight titleholder Jose Aldo downing Chad Mendes at UFC 142.

While Zelaznik declined to speculate what fights might take place at the October event, he did suggest anything is possible.

"I would anticipate championship fights coming regularly and often to Brazil," Zelaznik said. "We have big plans in the new year. We have another event coming this year, so you can expect to see a lot more from the UFC in Brazil."

Featuring a headlining rematch between former PRIDE champion Wanderlei Silva and former UFC champ Rich Franklin, "UFC 147: Silva vs. Franklin II" takes place Saturday at Estadio Jornalista Felipe Drumond in Belo Horizonte, Brazil. The evening's main card airs on pay-per-view, while prelims air on FX and stream on Facebook.
    The UFC can do a lot with this card. You have Aldo who said he's targeting an October return.

If AS wins, he would have about 3 months to recover, maybe fight someone like Lombard, assuming he wins.

Thiago Alves should be ready, same goes for Erick Silva. Maybe have Vitor fight Bisping.
    -----

Page 22 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast