Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 73 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    Good God what a news weekend

(1) Vitor Belfort out against Wanderlei Silva.... That card now officially blows and as stands would be without a doubt the worst ppv in UFC history on paper. I would riot if I had bought tickets to that event to see 5 or 6 fights come and go from the main card.

(2) Last night Dana White said that if Daniel Cormier wins his last fight in Strikeforce that he will get a title shot right away when he comes to the UFC.

(3) Zuffa not happy about TUF being on Friday nights but that is what the people at Fox/FX want at the moment so they are making it work.

(4) Mayhem Miller apparently got into a fight backstage after his exit. Either way he has been released and looked like garbage his last 2 fights.

(5) Alistair Overeem likely to fight for the title when he comes back from suspension. Really shows you how much the UFC cares about enforcing strict drug testing that they will allow a guy that just got busted to fight for the title in his first fight back....

(6) Roy Nelson approached about possibly fighting Josh Barnett or Daniel Cormier under the Strikeforce banner. It probably isn't gonna happen though because he said last night he wants to fight the best guys in the UFC and made a point to say that is why he came to the UFC.

(7) Junior Dos Santos vs Cain Velasquez II is expecting for later this year.
    1) sucks for Vitor, because he pretty much had the win IMO. But its great news for Wand who gets another opponent that might not be as good.

5) I'm not opposed to this, as he would have served his suspension and would have to be tested again. and I understand why the UFC is doing this. I would do the same thing. The fact is Overeem is still a top 5 HW, and he has a big name, with a big following and the fight would have a lot of intrigue because he hasn't lost for a long time. The fight would sell big. By that time JDS would probably already have faced Cain.

6) Lol at Roy, the only two options for him are two top 10 ranked HW's. No shame in losing to them, which he would.

7)

vCash
    Wake up, and the first thing that I read is that Mike Brown is probably retiring. He's looked old during this 4-3 stretch, but looked good last night.

I'm glad Vitor got injured. That's good news! Make Wanderlei vs CB happen. UFC 147 sucks though. Give it to us for free.

I'm curious to see what happened with Mayhem.

vCash
    I've been getting a lot of UFC things on my netflix. A lot more UFC cards. I got UFC TUF 12 and 14. The rivalry between Liddell and Ortiz too. A lot of Ultimate Knockouts. I've had many PPV cards (mostly Lesnar and GSP). I've also got like Ultimate 2011, Ultimate Heavyweights, and Top 100 Fights Of All-Time.

vCash
    Mayhem Miller doesn't belong in the UFC, regardless of backstage altercations. He's shown he's not a good enough fighter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    Wake up, and the first thing that I read is that Mike Brown is probably retiring. He's looked old during this 4-3 stretch, but looked good last night.

I'm glad Vitor got injured. That's good news! Make Wanderlei vs CB happen. UFC 147 sucks though. Give it to us for free.

I'm curious to see what happened with Mayhem.
    Here is what happened

When CB Dollaway did his post-fight interview with Joe Rogan, Mayhem slowly walked to the back of the Octagon and rested his arms on the top of the cage. His head was hung pretty low, so Mark Munoz and Ryan Parsons consulted him inside the cage. They eventually walked out and Mayhem Miller had an 'incident' before the post-fight medical check-up with one of the staff members working at UFC 146. Apparently when Mayhem walked backstage after the bout, he sat down against a wall, probably reflecting on his fight with CB Dollaway. Someone backstage (not sure if it was MGM or UFC staff) asked Mayhem to 'clear the path' and get out of the corridor. Mayhem either didn't hear him or simply was wrapped-up in his own thoughts to care. The staff member then tried to pat him on the back in order to encourage him to move. It's rumored Mayhem Miller quickly got up, yelled at the staff member and then kicked over a table. A few UFC employees questioned why he did it, and apparently he got in a verbal altercation with them. At the post-fight screening, Mayhem starting yelling at CB regarding the decision and threw an object at him. Dollaway continued to sit down and get checked out by the doctor. Mayhem then went into the locker room, gathered his belongings and left the MGM Grand Garden Arena. The UFC couldn't even contact him for his post-fight quote. Nothing physical happened, just mayhem. It's also apparent that Mayhem Miller was on his way out of the UFC if he lost at UFC 146, this incident didn't cause him being cut from the promotion. We also talked with CB Dollaway after the fight, and he still seemed pretty heated after the backstage verbal exchange.

vCash
    Alan Belcher is a name I heard may replace Belfort. Lowest ppv buys in history of Zuffa. Under 100k...
    FAV FIGHTERS- HW-Struve-JDS-D.Cormier LHW-Gustafsson -Ovince St. Preux Machida MW-Kenndey-D.Miller-Chris WeidmanWW-Condit-Rory MacDonald-Kampmann-Douglas Lima-Marquardt LW-Penn-Edgar-Jim Miller-Joe Lauzon-FW-Jung Patricio Freire BW-Torres-Dantas- Faber-Fly-Benavidez

vCash
    This is what really happen according to Miller:

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Miller
    "It was my mask. Burt [Watson] suddenly started yelling about my mask. I had a gas mask for the troops underneath my paper bag, and Burt started telling me right as I'm walking out for the fight. I'm trying to get focused instead of arguing about a paper bag. Maybe it was my fault. I thought we had an understanding once I start walking out to the cage and then now I'm working, but obviously we're not on a playing field of mutual respect."

"I wish I would have heard about it before so it would be easier to deal with. But here I am walking to the cage, and suddenly I started getting yelled at. I'm like ‘what, I'm trying to focus here.' Whatever. Things don't always go the way you want. That's life and you have to deal with it."
    -----

vCash
    Some interesting news bits

According to Dana White he feels the UFC has PEDs under control and it isn't a big deal.

http://www.fightline.com/fl/wire/201...e315029/33332/

Cain Velasquez has been marked as the next title contender but he could possibly be out as long as 6 months with a broken hand that he is getting checked out this week.

The lesson to be learned here is do not punch Antonio Silva in the head. When Cain Velasquez broke his hand he joined Daniel Cormier, Mike Kyle and Andrei Arlovski as fighters who all left with broken hands after fighting Silva as well.

http://www.fightline.com/fl/wire/201...e315029/33363/

Matt Serra hints that he isn't done fighting and will likely make a return at some point.

http://www.fightline.com/fl/news/201...34/matt-serra/

Dana White officially rejects the idea of Stephan Bonnar as a coach on TUF and seemingly tipped their hand about who could be the next coaches with this comment "I know that's what he wants. No. Sorry, Stephan. We usually bring in guys that are champions,"

If I were Stephan Bonnar my first course of response would be going to Dana's twitter and asking how about Michael Bisping? How many times has he coached TUF and what are his championship credentials? As a matter of fact the only 2 times that neither coach has been a former or current champion were the 2 times that Bisping was a coach.

http://www.fightline.com/fl/news/201...tephan-bonnar/

vCash
    ^^ Chuck Liddell and Tito Ortiz were pretty far from being title contenders too.

vCash
    Injury prevents Alan Belcher from taking Wanderlei Silva fight at UFC 147
    FAV FIGHTERS- HW-Struve-JDS-D.Cormier LHW-Gustafsson -Ovince St. Preux Machida MW-Kenndey-D.Miller-Chris WeidmanWW-Condit-Rory MacDonald-Kampmann-Douglas Lima-Marquardt LW-Penn-Edgar-Jim Miller-Joe Lauzon-FW-Jung Patricio Freire BW-Torres-Dantas- Faber-Fly-Benavidez

vCash
    Matt Brown replaces Matt Riddle, meets Luis Ramos at UFC on FX 4

vCash
    Injuries lead to Story-Jardine, Brown-Ramos, Gambino-Siler at UFC on FX 4
    http://mmajunkie.com/news/28960/inju...fc-on-fx-4.mma

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    ^^ Chuck Liddell and Tito Ortiz were pretty far from being title contenders too.
    So is Wanderlei if you want to count TUF: Brazil.

Dana also used the word usually, not always, so is not like he's lying.

With that said, I don't like the emphasis on coaches. The show is called The Ultimate Fighter, meaning it's about finding the new best fighter. But the way Dana makes it sound, he's more worry about who the coaches will be, then the fighters...
    -----

vCash
    Nick Diaz Reportedly Received $300,000 Bonus For Not Missing UFC 143 Press Conferences
    http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/5/30...uspension-fine

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Knockturnal View Post
    So is Wanderlei if you want to count TUF: Brazil.

Dana also used the word usually, not always, so is not like he's lying.

With that said, I don't like the emphasis on coaches. The show is called The Ultimate Fighter, meaning it's about finding the new best fighter. But the way Dana makes it sound, he's more worry about who the coaches will be, then the fighters...
    Wanderlei is 2-1 in his past 3 with a win over a top 5 MW. International seasons like this, soon to be UK/Austrailia are different though.

I'd actually like to see

Team American Top Team vs Team American Kickboxing Academy.

Something like that. Or even Randy Couture vs Chuck Liddell (no, not fighting after).

Instead they feel the need to throw Rampage and Bisping on here twice. Rampage hasn't done much since the Liddell + Hendo fight. You can make the argument that Wanderlei's been on par.

Page 17 of 73 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast