Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 73 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I really don't want to see those two coaching. I'd so prefer Brad Pickett, though he's been in the United States for awhile. ..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    Wow, The Gravedigger is screwed....
    Quote Originally Posted by Knockturnal View Post
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Davis' wrestling is a tad better than Lashley's, so yeah, screwed is a good way to put it...
    Yeah if Lashley could hold Griggs down fairly easy in that fight.... Phil Davis is gonna be able to hold down a drained Griggs while playing gameboy and reading his favorite book. This is the definition of a gimme fight.

Quote Originally Posted by yanks19791024 View Post
    Report: Ross Pearson and George Sotiropoulos leading candidates to coach TUF Australia

1.Ross is in trouble with DUI maybe
    2. Ross is 145lbs
    Maybe George is dropping to 145lbs????
    I believe they are saying that Ross Pearson is gonna move back up to 155 for this fight. Honestly it doesn't matter since this fight has no title ramifications anyways it is just for the sake of the show. Hell Sot has lost 2 in a row.... A loss would have him close to being cut. And yet he is coaching TUF.

vCash
    Stephan Bonnar pressing the UFC to have him and Forrest Griffin as coaches on TUF 16 as he thinks it would be good for the ratings and that he can now beat Forrest Griffin.

vCash
    That's not a bad idea, the UFC needs to stop putting title fights on hold because of TUF, I never like that approach.
    -----

vCash
    Bonnar does have a point in that if they fought for a 3rd time it would be very close. Bonnar has quietly dominated his last two matchups against average fighters but still he's looked great. I don't know the last time Forrest has looked good in a fight, but he's also facing higher level of competition. Still I think Bonnar has a great chance to win in the 3rd matchup.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zn23 View Post
    Bonnar does have a point in that if they fought for a 3rd time it would be very close. Bonnar has quietly dominated his last two matchups against average fighters but still he's looked great. I don't know the last time Forrest has looked good in a fight, but he's also facing higher level of competition. Still I think Bonnar has a great chance to win in the 3rd matchup.
    In his last 4 fights the only fight he looked remotely good in was against Rich Franklin who he had probably a 30-pound weight advantage on.... Forrest even looked bad against Tito Ortiz.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    In his last 4 fights the only fight he looked remotely good in was against Rich Franklin who he had probably a 30-pound weight advantage on.... Forrest even looked bad against Tito Ortiz.
    I thought Forrest looked okay against Ortiz...

vCash
    FEG files for bankrupty. I have to say I'm completely shocked by this.... NOT!

http://www.fightline.com/fl/news/2012/0516/548570/

vCash
    Johny Hendricks cleared to fight, ready for UFC title shot or another fight

The eye injury that made Johny Hendricks (13-1 MMA, 8-1 UFC) see double during a fight with Josh Koscheck is already a concern of the past.

Hendricks was inadvertently poked by Koscheck (17-6 MMA, 15-6 UFC) in the first round of their fight at UFC on FOX 3, and he received an indefinite suspension pending an opthalmological exam.

But the fighter recently told MMAjunkie.com Radio (www.mmajunkie.com/radio) that he's been cleared to fight. Now, the issue is when he'll do so.

As Hendricks earlier told MMAjunkie.com, a title fight is a lottery ticket he'd like to cash, even if that means waiting for the winner of Georges St-Pierre vs. Carlos Condit.

The fight, which promises to unify St-Pierre's undisputed title with Condit's interim strap, is targeted for November but by no means confirmed. And there are more than a few welterweights who might have something to say about Hendricks getting first crack, including Jake Ellenberger and Martin Kampmann, who meet on June 1 at The Ultimate Fighter 15 Finale.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/28476/ufc-...ght-ladder.mma

Hendricks could be on the bench a minimum of 11 months as the title picture sorts itself out, but that's not a prospect that daunts him.

On the other hand, he's willing to step up earlier if he and his managers reach a "mutual understanding" with the UFC.

"I'm a UFC fighter," Hendricks said. "I'm paid to fight. I'm not paid to say this or that. I want something, but that might not be the best thing for me.

"That's where my management group and (UFC matchmaker) Joe Silva and the UFC, that's what they do. I'm paid to fight. You tell me when and where and I'm going to be doing it."

Hendricks earned another key win with a split decision nod over Koscheck at this month's event, which fell short of ratings expectations, but advanced the welterweight and lightweight divisions. The event saw Nate Diaz crowned a contender with a submission of Jim Miller in the headliner.

Prior to besting Koscheck, Hendricks delivered a blistering 12-second knockout of top-ranked Jon Fitch at UFC 141. Unbeaten in all but one professional bout, "Bigg Rigg" trains in Arlington, Texas, under the eye of veteran trainer Mark Laimon and others.
    Winner of Ellenberger/Kampmann vs Hendricks?

Every time I read anything about the WW division, it reminds me about Condit and it pisses me off. Defend your "belt" like you said you would before you fought Diaz...
    -----

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Knockturnal View Post
    Johny Hendricks cleared to fight, ready for UFC title shot or another fight

Winner of Ellenberger/Kampmann vs Hendricks?

Every time I read anything about the WW division, it reminds me about Condit and it pisses me off. Defend your "belt" like you said you would before you fought Diaz...
    Someone mentioned this on here. We need an interim-interim WW Champion. What's the point of having Carlos Condit as the champion? His last fight February 4th. That's three and a half months. He could be fighting in early June, and then the winner against GSP in what, November?

Pointless.

Oh yeah, Vinny get trolled with the M1 Global belt. The 100k bids and such weren't real. The highest bid was 5k.

vCash
    UFC 146: Mark Hunt injured, Lavar Johnson vs Stefan Struve booked for May 26

How do you get hurt with 1 week left????
    FAV FIGHTERS- HW-Struve-JDS-D.Cormier LHW-Gustafsson -Ovince St. Preux Machida MW-Kenndey-D.Miller-Chris WeidmanWW-Condit-Rory MacDonald-Kampmann-Douglas Lima-Marquardt LW-Penn-Edgar-Jim Miller-Joe Lauzon-FW-Jung Patricio Freire BW-Torres-Dantas- Faber-Fly-Benavidez

vCash
    I used to like Condit; he is just pissing me off now. There is no point in making him an interim champion if he is too big of a ***** to defend it. The UFC should have made him fight Ellenberger before he got matched with Kampman. Then Kampman and Hendricks could fight now to determine the number one contender.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekial View Post
    Kill: Graham Harrell- he's the worst thing I've ever seen... God awful. When you're watching a game thinking "why are they letting a high school cancer patient play a preseason game for make a wish foundation, he could get hurt." Then realize he's a professional, he deserves to die.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Walls Era View Post
    Don't talk about proper writing if you're going to use Ellipsis like an *** clown.

vCash
    It would be good to have multiple champions in a division, it would make some fights more meaningful. But it would also take away from the real UFC title.

vCash
    It will bite Carlos in the end anyways.... Once he loses to GSP he isn't gonna get any favors from Joe Silva and Dana White. He can expect a rematch with Nick Diaz probably right off the bat.

vCash
    I don't see any chance that Condit fights Diaz again unless he beats GSP and has the real belt. Diaz wants to fight for the belt (but not so much) and will blow off any fight other than one vs the champ (and maybe that too).
    People go bat ***** about the Reem and ped's, but Diaz's mental instability is worse for the sport.
    Last edited by AllKohn; 05-18-2012 at 09:41 AM. Reason: I spell like a child

Page 13 of 73 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast