Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 71 of 73 FirstFirst ... 21616970717273 LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1091
    vCash
    It's good that he stopped fighting. All that brain damage can't be good for him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hustla23 View Post
    It's good that he stopped fighting. All that brain damage can't be good for him.
    who said he had brain damage?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tnewkirk View Post
    who said he had brain damage?
    He has gotten severely bashed in his last 3 fights. KO'd against KZ and beaten to a pulp by Aldo and Nagin.

vCash
    He has gotten severely bashed in his last 3 fights. KO'd against KZ and beaten to a pulp by Aldo and Nagin.
    doesnt mean he had brain damage, he got a hematoma from one shot against aldo, other than that it was a good back and forth fight even though aldo clearly won.

vCash
    Bones says If Anderson Silva wants to move up and challenge for his belt he would welcome it... So basically he's telling Anderson after I bet cheal you wanna fight? What's Anderson going to say?

New York Yankees

Dallas Mavericks

New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    HW: Brock "The White Gorilla"Lesnar
    MW: Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida
    WW: Jonny "BIGG RIGG" hendricks
    LW: Nate Diaz
    FLW: John "The Magician" Dodson
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.
    Favorite Athletes: Dirk Nowitzki, Brock Lesnar & Lyoto Machida

vCash
    I can't believe Anderson's camp is looking for a catchweight. The dude has already fought at 205, what's the big deal. Jones would probably get some money from the UN starving African children fund if he came into the fight at 195.

vCash
    So anderson wants the fight, but at a catch weight?

New York Yankees

Dallas Mavericks

New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.

vCash
    [QUOTE=Thumper 88;24699323]Bones says If Anderson Silva wants to move up and challenge for his belt he would welcome it... So basically he's telling Anderson after I bet cheal you wanna fight? What's Anderson going to say?[/QUOTE]

No if he knew what was good for him! I think Anderson is the best fighter of all time but matchups, as they say, make fights. Jones has the reach, wrestling, and g&P to beat Silva.

Jones is so big, cant see how he could possibly cut any further than 205.

vCash
    Rory MacDonald-Carlos Condit rematch targeted for UFC 158 in Montreal

Rory MacDonald had one request after bulldozing right through B.J. Penn for 15 minutes. He wanted Carlos Condit.

Now he'll get his wish.

MacDonald (14-1 MMA, 5-1 UFC) on Wednesday told MMAjunkie.com Radio (www.mmajunkie.com/radio) he's been granted the rematch with Condit (28-6 MMA, 5-2 UFC), and UFC President Dana White confirmed the booking to MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com).

The fight is targeted for March 16 at Bell Centre in Montreal. Though the UFC has not officially announced that show, sources close to the event said it will be UFC 158, a pay-per-view. The placement of the MacDonald-Condit fight was not revealed, though it will be positioned on the main card.

MacDonald's loss to Condit is the lone setback of his career. It came at UFC 115 in June 2010, and it came after MacDonald had won the first two rounds on a pair of scorecards. He took Condit down several times in the first two frames before Condit rallied in the third and was able to get a TKO stoppage with just seven seconds left in the fight.

After his win over Penn (16-9-2 MMA, 12-8-2 UFC) this past Saturday at UFC on FOX 5 in Seattle, MacDonald said his loss to Condit two and a half years ago left him "humiliated," which is why he wants another chance at him.

"There's a guy that humiliated me a couple years ago, and I want my revenge," MacDonald said on Saturday. "Carlos Condit, I want a rematch. Accept my challenge. Let's do it in March I'm going to get my revenge."

MacDonald told MMAjunkie.com Radio calling out Condit and asking for it in Montreal, where he trains, wound up working out.

"In Montreal I got exactly what I wanted," MacDonald said. "You can't get what you don't ask for. I'm very, very happy."

MacDonald said the way in which he lost to Condit, which came in front of his home-province fans in Vancouver, British Columbia, has been a motivating factor for him to get some measure of redemption.

"I've been waiting for this day for two and a half years," MacDonald said. "It's something I've wanted more than anything since that night. It was embarrassing. I got beat up in front of my friends and family. It was just a very sad moment for me. It changed who I was, and I just want to get back to it."

Condit is coming off a loss to UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre, MacDonald's teammate at Tristar Gym in Montreal. The fight was a title unification bout for St-Pierre's 170-pound belt and Condit's interim title, which he won in February with a unanimous decision win over Nick Diaz at UFC 143.

Although he's just several days removed from a dominant performance against Penn, which included a pair of 30-26 scores, and the targeted date for his fight with Condit is just three months away, MacDonald said he will take some time off before jumping right back into training.

"I need a little break. I need a week or two to let my injuries pass, let my mind relax. It's been four months of training and focus on B.J. Penn. I need a little downtime with my family, relax and reset."

MacDonald has won four straight since his loss to Condit, and he hasn't lost a round. He dominated Nate Diaz at welterweight at UFC 129 in Toronto, including two 30-26 scores. He stopped Mike Pyle with a first-round TKO at UFC 133. And he stopped Che Mills with a second-round TKO at UFC 145 before beating Penn on Saturday.

Condit had a five-fight streak, including his win over MacDonald, which won "Fight of the Night," before his loss to St-Pierre. Condit on Tuesday told FUEL TV he had agreed to the matchup.

MacDonald said playing the role of matchmaker following the win over Penn made sense, and it worked like a charm.

"Just avenge my loss to Carlos beating people up is all I'm in this for," he said. "He's coming off his loss, and I'm coming off a winning streak since that loss (to Condit). Beating B.J. Penn put me up a little in the division, so I thought it made sense."
    I would rather see Rory vs Hendricks (assuming Diaz gets the next title shot), but I guess this is the fight the UFC feels will get more hype.

Rory should get his revenge. Condit barely won the first fight, while Rory has improved leaps and bounds since then.
    -----

vCash
    Condit must want that fight. He got it wrapped up in 3 days after Rory made it known he wanted to fight Condit. That should be a good one.

I think Jon Jones would finish Anderson Silva in the 1st or 2nd round if that fight ever takes place.

vCash
    Condit almost finished GSP. Rory beat up a fat, past his prime lightweight.

It's not like Condit is 40 years old and hasn't been improving himself.

Condit takes this via whatever he wants. He has better striking, better grappling, and just as good endurance.

vCash

Condit takes this via whatever he wants. He has better striking, better grappling, and just as good endurance.
    i dont know about whatever he wants but i would favor condit.

vCash
    I think Silva has a great chance vs Jones

New York Yankees

Dallas Mavericks

New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tnewkirk View Post
    i dont know about whatever he wants but i would favor condit.
    Okay maybe I exaggerated lol.

But Condit was definitely landing the cleaner shots in the exchanges in their first fight. The only reason anyone could argue that Rory was "winning" is because he had more takedowns. But Condit's BJJ allowed him to take almost no damage at all from that position.

vCash

I agree, people need to watch that fight again. There's this perception that Rory was dominating the fight, he actually wasn't! Its a free fight on youtube, you can look it up.

The first round, Rory gets buckled a couple times with punches, he takes Condit down 3 times, but he does nothing in the the top position because Condit has such a great and advanced guard that he's able to completely neutralize Rory with a rubber guard and hit from the bottom. So that round I would give to Condit. Because Although Rory got 3 takedowns, he got outstruck and could not do anything with the top control.

In the 2nd round, Both of them had moments, none of them got a takedown, but both used impressive sweeps to get top position. Again Rory had a difficult time in Condit's guard and because was 'on top' for the majority of the round people thought he was winning the fight.

At this point the assumption is its 2-0, Condit has to go for broke, he can't win a hometown decision, and the judges are probably looking at the takedowns. So in round 3 he just destroys Rory.

Rory goes for a takedown gets countered, and put on his back and the entire round is Carlos GnP'ing him smashing him up his eye is busted, his face is falling apart and the ref has to stop the fight.

I'm taking Carlos to win the fight again. If Rory gets taken down he can't do anything. Carlos has a much better overall game. Better striker, better grappler. Carlos has also improved since that fight as well. I think it's too early for Rory to have a rematch, if he loses it will really set him back.