Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 73 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Sick fight, but I kind of wish it didn't happen. I like both fighters a lot, they are both young and undefeated I think you should give them old gate keepers first. Sucks that one of them has to lose cause both have a lot of potential.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zn23 View Post
    no
    Kind of.

Quote Originally Posted by zn23 View Post
    Don't want to turn this into a Fedor thread..

lol He he had a losing streak 3 years after he left Pride, It wasn't some instant thing like with Shogun. Also why can't we use the past his prime card with him? Only Werdum was ranked in the top 10, Big Foot and Henderson were not. Big Foot was unranked I think some had him as like top 20, Henderson was not ranked either. So he lost to one ranked and two unranked. The questionable opponents he was fighting were the only ones available. If UFC doesn't want him anymore where is he going to look for other competition?

People get angry at him for taking these fights but out of Bellator, SF and UFC who else is out there? It's a lose-lose for him regardless. But at least he's still making money and fighting regardless of the reasons.
    People get angry at him because he was ducking fighting the best in the UFC forever. Dana White caved into him more than he has to sign anyone else in history, and then Fedor asks for something he knew he would never get, ownership of the company. Fedor was dodging fighting the best and that really is indisputable. He fought some tough guys in Pride, but most of them were mediocre. He would have gotten destroyed in the UFC so I don't blame him, but to say his legacy hasn't taken a hit is just wrong. Werdum is kind of a gatekeeper and Silva is a fringe top ten HW; they were the most impressive fighters he has fought since Cro Cop or Big Nog, and he lost to them. He fought AA when he started his skid, Rogers was vastly overrated and Fedor started losing when he faced somewhat decent guys.

I think he is the most overrated fighter of all-time. That's not to say he is not a great fighter or that he isn't a top 10ish fighter of all time, but he is overrated. I am most upset because he fought cans most of his career and he didn't step up and fight the best in the UFC when he had the chance. He has a few impressive wins against actual HW's, but most of the big name guys he beat fought their careers in lower weight classes. I just don't see GOAT at all, you are entitled to your opinion though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekial View Post
    Kill: Graham Harrell- he's the worst thing I've ever seen... God awful. When you're watching a game thinking "why are they letting a high school cancer patient play a preseason game for make a wish foundation, he could get hurt." Then realize he's a professional, he deserves to die.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Walls Era View Post
    Don't talk about proper writing if you're going to use Ellipsis like an *** clown.

vCash

New and Improved MMA Quick Hits 6

I like Miocic for this fight. Any word on why Mittione hasn't fought since October?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by marinoman View Post
    UFC fight card updates page

Quote:
    update: The 11-0 Shane del Rosario will now meet fellow undefeated heavyweight Stipe Miocic (8-0) at UFC 146. Miocic decisioned Joey Beltran in his UFC 136 promotional debut and earned Knockout of the Night for quickly dispatching Phil de Fries in February at UFC on FUEL TV.
    Interesting that they throw two undefeated prospects in there against each other.

vCash
    I've got Del Rosario. I don't like this though.

vCash
    I was hoping SDR wouldn't fight Miocic yet. I'm not a fan of matching undefeated prospects with each other.

This also marks the 2nd straight time Miocic fights another undefeated prospect. He fought Phil De Fries who was 8-0 before losing to Miocic.
    -----

vCash
    I think they should look at maybe moving a fight from UFC 148 to UFC 147.... They are gonna have some pretty good fights on the undercard.

Champ Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen (for middleweight title)
    Champ Dominick Cruz vs. Urijah Faber (for bantamweight title)
    Rich Franklin vs. Cung Le
    Forrest Griffin vs. Tito Ortiz
    Michael Bisping vs. Tim Boetsch
    Renan Barao vs. Ivan Menjivar
    Fabricio Camoes vs. Melvin Guillard
    Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Gleison Tibau
    Dong Hyun Kim vs. Demian Maia
    Riki Fukuda vs. Constantinos Philippou

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    I think they should look at maybe moving a fight from UFC 148 to UFC 147.... They are gonna have some pretty good fights on the undercard.

Champ Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen (for middleweight title)
    Champ Dominick Cruz vs. Urijah Faber (for bantamweight title)
    Rich Franklin vs. Cung Le
    Forrest Griffin vs. Tito Ortiz
    Michael Bisping vs. Tim Boetsch
    Renan Barao vs. Ivan Menjivar
    Fabricio Camoes vs. Melvin Guillard
    Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Gleison Tibau
    Dong Hyun Kim vs. Demian Maia
    Riki Fukuda vs. Constantinos Philippou
    Hopefully Barao.

Does anyone else think this is kind of genuis? Despite this being an awesome card, not many are going to order for Faber vs Cruz. Yes, they're on TUF, but still.

You have all kinds ordering for Sonnen vs Silva II, and they will have the privledge to watch Cruz/Faber III. Become fans. Add in a legends fight in Forrest/Ortiz III (Ortiz's last fight), a solid striking match-up in Rich Franklin vs Cung Le, and two top ten MW's in Michael Bisping vs Tim Boetsch.

This card, on paper, is one of the best ever IMO. Main card at least.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    Hopefully Barao.

Does anyone else think this is kind of genuis? Despite this being an awesome card, not many are going to order for Faber vs Cruz. Yes, they're on TUF, but still.

You have all kinds ordering for Sonnen vs Silva II, and they will have the privledge to watch Cruz/Faber III. Become fans. Add in a legends fight in Forrest/Ortiz III (Ortiz's last fight), a solid striking match-up in Rich Franklin vs Cung Le, and two top ten MW's in Michael Bisping vs Tim Boetsch.

This card, on paper, is one of the best ever IMO. Main card at least.
    What is dumb though is that Renan Barao is next in line for a title shot in his division and he will be fighting on the undercard....

vCash
    Big Nog Vs. Kongo at UFC 149

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/big-nog...7105--mma.html

The same day that UFC president Dana White announced that he is likely taking featherweight champion Jose Aldo off of the fight card in Calgary, the Calgary Sun reported that Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira would face Cheick Kongo at UFC 149.
    Though the Calgary Sun cited anonymous sources pointing to the fight, the UFC’s Canadian contingent endorsed the report by re-tweeting it.
    Nogueira (33-7-1) hasn’t seen action since losing to Frank Mir at UFC 140 in early December. Nogueira refused to tap out to a Mir’s Kimura, resulting in a broken humerus.
    Amassing a 4-3 record during his UFC tenure, Nogueira would really like to get his career back on track.
    Kongo (17-7-2) is also coming off of a loss. Mark Hunt became the first man in the UFC to send Kongo out via TKO when the two fought at UFC 144 in Japan.
    With Aldo likely moving into the main event at UFC 147, the UFC is also in search of a headliner for UFC 149. White has already mentioned that Jon Jones vs. Dan Henderson is a leading candidate to headline the July 21 date in Calgary, but that move is not concrete.
    Hopefully Big Nog is fully healthy for this fight. Should be a good one.
    WAR BIG NOG!!!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Metal Militia View Post

WAR BIG NOG!!!!!!
    Decent match-up. Both need this win to stay somewhat relevant.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    What is dumb though is that Renan Barao is next in line for a title shot in his division and he will be fighting on the undercard....
    He'll end up in the TV undercard, where he'll get as much exposure if not more than being on the main card.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Metal Militia View Post

WAR BIG NOG!!!!!!
    I like it. Nog gets this fight on the ground and is over.

There's a rumor that Aldo is fighting Koch:

Jose Aldo‘s next opponent is close to being finalized, and from what we hear, it won’t be Hatsu Hioki or Frankie Edgar. A source close to Roufusport MMA Academy has informed CagePotato.com that 145-pound contender Erik Koch has been sent a contract to challenge Aldo for the UFC featherweight title. The fight would likely take place at UFC 147 in Brazil.
    Not bad, but I don't see Aldo losing this fight.

I wanted to see Hioki take the fight, but he said he wants to take it slow. I'm guessing by the time he's ready, Aldo will have made the move to LW.
    -----

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Knockturnal View Post
    I like it. Nog gets this fight on the ground and is over.

There's a rumor that Aldo is fighting Koch:

Not bad, but I don't see Aldo losing this fight.

I wanted to see Hioki take the fight, but he said he wants to take it slow. I'm guessing by the time he's ready, Aldo will have made the move to LW.
    Hatsu said one more fight...

vCash
    Chuck Liddell would consider returning for a shot at the title.

Oh, okay.

Page 6 of 73 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast