vCash

New and Improved MMA Quick Hits 6

New And Improved MMA Quick Hits
    New And Improved MMA Quick Hits 2
    New And Improved MMA Quick Hits 3
    New And Improved MMA Quick Hits 4
    New and Improved MMA Quick Hits 5

Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    Supposedly the new K-1 ownership is setting up a tournament with a $2 million grand prize. This has many people up in arms because K-1 still owes a collective group of fighters $10 million. They are pretty much saying that if you are owed money and don't sign with the new company then you are waiving that money goodbye. But not only that but even the ones that do sign are only gonna get 50% of what they were owed from the company.

http://twitter.com/#!/danherbertson

vCash
    Melendez vs Thomson 3 in the works...

Healy deserves it more,jmo.
    FAV FIGHTERS- HW-Struve-JDS-D.Cormier LHW-Gustafsson -Ovince St. Preux Machida MW-Kenndey-D.Miller-Chris WeidmanWW-Condit-Rory MacDonald-Kampmann-Douglas Lima-Marquardt LW-Penn-Edgar-Jim Miller-Joe Lauzon-FW-Jung Patricio Freire BW-Torres-Dantas- Faber-Fly-Benavidez

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yanks19791024 View Post

Yep, but I think Thomson has a better chance.

Cavalcante vs Kyle is also on that card. Mike Kyle's injury prone though, so I'd take a 50/50 guess on if this fight happens or not.

vCash
    Don Frye and Dana White are having a "twitter war." I laughed at what Don Frye said about Dana's 30 ferrari's ruining the sport. It was obviously not true but it was funny. I laughed even harder when Dana said he worked hard for his money. It's like umm no you knew the Fertitta's and got lucky bald guy! lol...

Also Henderson believes Rashad is the better wrestler than Jones and will take him down eventually in the fight. Agree with Hendo.

Pudzian vs. Sapp on KSW 19.... fixed fight most likely.

Karo won, about time, he was getting screwed in his last two fights.
    Last edited by zn23; 04-02-2012 at 06:46 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yanks19791024 View Post

Is this how they are gonna make sure the Melendez has top level opponents in Strikeforce? By fighting a guy that he beat pretty easily in their last fight and has looked like crap in his last two fights. Thomson is 1-1 in his last 2 fights and looked like crap in the win against KJ Noons.

vCash
    Dana White trying to hype Jake Ellenberger vs Martin Kampmann not only as the main event but also a #1 contender match.

The welterweight division is stacked and Jake Ellenberger and Martin Kampmann are going to fight for the chance to earn a title shot. They will headline the season finale of TUF Live on FX to crown the next Ultimate Fighter. There’s a lot at stake for the guys competing on this card at the Palms.
    Notice how he said they are fighting for "the chance" to earn a title shot. He didn't actually say the winner would get a title shot. I agree with the article in that this is bull****. We don't even have a date for Condit vs GSP yet and this fight will happen well before that fight. Then the winner will have to wait for the fight and then wait after the fight as well and possibly for a decent time if there is an injury.

http://www.fightline.com/fl/wire/201...ire2932/29656/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zn23 View Post
    Don Frye and Dana White are having a "twitter war." I laughed at what Don Frye said about Dana's 30 ferrari's ruining the sport. It was obviously not true but it was funny. I laughed even harder when Dana said he worked hard for his money. It's like umm no you knew the Fertitta's and got lucky bald guy! lol...Also Henderson believes Rashad is the better wrestler than Jones and will take him down eventually in the fight. Agree with Hendo.

Pudzian vs. Sapp on KSW 19.... fixed fight most likely.

Karo won, about time, he was getting screwed in his last two fights.
    this is so not true, do you actually believe a guy in Dana's position did not have to work hard to get where he is? He revived a dying promotion and really a sport here in the US. Everything I have ever heard or read is that Dana is the hardest working dude out there, he travels like over 300 days a year or something crazy like that. What he and the Fertita's (his idea there $) did was FAR from a gaurantee and would 100% not have worked if he/they did not work like crazy to make it so.

vCash

vCash
    Chuck Liddell is wanting to lead the way to judging accountability.

“Of course I miss it. I love competing. But it was time to retire,” answered Liddell when we couldn’t resist asking the question ourselves.

But moving on to the present, Liddell has been busy helping the UFC promote its brand and the sport of mixed martial arts, and basically doing whatever he can on a day-to-day basis to help the company continue its growth.

One thing that he’d like to do to help the sport is work with judges on improving how they score the fights. All of us have been baffled by a judge’s scoring at one point or another and The Iceman is no different.

“I honestly want to sit down and watch that round with a judge and go, okay, explain to me how he won this round.”
    http://www.mmaweekly.com/chuck-lidde...ans-pick-video

vCash
    good for the iceman

vCash
    Was doing some research for an article and came across some interesting stats.

(1) Apparently according to trends mixed martial artists are at the top level between their 3rd and 9th year. After the 9th year they hit the wall and start to decline. What makes this statistic interesting is that it doesn't change with age or amount of fights. It seems to hold true regardless the majority of the time.

(2) Since UFC 46 back in 2004 Zuffa has had over 702 different fighters grace the octagon. Out of that number nearly 70% of those fighters made less than $100,000 in their career. And 57% made less than $50,000 in their career. But at the top 8% made over $500,000 in their career.

vCash
    John Alessio replaces Matt Wiman at UFC 145. Mark Bocek vs John Alessio. I'm glad to see Alessio back. He's been on a straight up tear.

Sam Stout vs Spencer Fisher III. Stout should take this one.

vCash
    Guess who's Training Chael Sonnen on his fight against the spider??

Vinny Magalhaes ‏ @VinnyMMA
    Forget about my last post about competing. Instead, I'm heading to Oregon to help the UFC MW Champ get ready for his title fight in Brazil.

it sure takes lots of guts for vinny doing this considering the fight is on Brazil

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lexecutioner View Post
    Guess who's Training Chael Sonnen on his fight against the spider??

Vinny Magalhaes ‏ @VinnyMMA
    Forget about my last post about competing. Instead, I'm heading to Oregon to help the UFC MW Champ get ready for his title fight in Brazil.

it sure takes lots of guts for vinny doing this considering the fight is on Brazil
    Maybe instead of bringing in a BJJ guy he should bring in a dentist\doctor to prepare him for his beating he is going to get
    FAV FIGHTERS- HW-Struve-JDS-D.Cormier LHW-Gustafsson -Ovince St. Preux Machida MW-Kenndey-D.Miller-Chris WeidmanWW-Condit-Rory MacDonald-Kampmann-Douglas Lima-Marquardt LW-Penn-Edgar-Jim Miller-Joe Lauzon-FW-Jung Patricio Freire BW-Torres-Dantas- Faber-Fly-Benavidez

vCash
    Super Fight League 2 streams Saturday on YouTube, Duffee vs. Grove headlines
    The lineup is set for Saturday's Super Fight League 2 event, which streams live on YouTube from Chandigarh, India, beginning at 9:15 a.m. ET (6:15 a.m. PT).

The full card and reverse bout order include:

•Todd Duffee vs. Neil Grove
    •Cherie Buck vs. Colleen Schneider
    •Shalika Senanayake vs. Ricky Singh
    •Anup Kumar vs. Dilanga Rathnaweera
    •Ikuhisa "Minowaman" Minowa vs. Alexander Shlemenko
    •Soro Ismael vs. Bharat Kandare
    •Pierre Daguzan vs. Chaitanya Gavali
    •Ryan Healy vs. Paul Kelly
    Last edited by yanks19791024; 04-04-2012 at 09:22 AM.

Page 1 of 73 1231151 ... LastLast