Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 119 1231151101 ... LastLast
    vCash

2012 Forum Wide Mock NFL Draft LOUNGE THREAD

CLICK HERE FOR THE DRAFT THREAD TO MAKE YOUR OFFICIAL SELECTIONS

Figured I would put this up and get ahead of the curve. We're half full after 1:30hours.

Rules

1. We are using the official draft order. It is locked from this point right now and will not change from any trades after this point.

2. No trading players. No trading future picks. No trading compensation picks. All trades are pending my approval or the approval of veteran members if I am not around. I'll have a list of them later on. (As long as they aren't just straight ridiculous, they will all pass)

3. Only players in the draft pool are allowed. I know it's obvious, just making it clear since this was not the case last time.

4. This is not a competition. There is not final voting. There is no judging. We may do some draft grades and everything but nobody will be crowned champ or anything like that. You can draft however you choose to. If you think a player is going to be cut and you want to draft to replace him, do it. If you want to assume someone who is rumored to be retired soon is actually going to return, fine. You are the GM, do as you please.

5. There is a clock with a time limit. This is crucial.

You have a time limit. If you don't make a pick in the time limit, you're skipped.
    You also cannot log off if you're one of the next three picks. If you get offline while you are on the clock, you are skipped after 30 minutes of us waiting for you. Same as if you get offline within three picks, you are skipped in an hour. If you have to get off-line and you're up after the next three picks send me or one of the trust members a list (I will have a list of who that is later on). You can also send it to any trusted GM a list of 3-5 players you would want with that pick.

Clarification: If you are online and your pick is on, you have an hour to make a pick before being skipped.

Times limits:
    Round 1: 6 Hours
    Rounds 2-3: 4 Hours
    Round 4-7: 3 Hours

Your time limit will not start from 12 A.M. CST to 8AM CST. If your time limit starts before these deadlines you will be skipped barring something stupid
    ex. You're on the East Coast and there were 10 picks in a row at Midnight your time
    I have the right to determine what these special circumstances are. You're also skipped if you have been skipped previously and have no went back to make that pick. Shouldn't run into that though.

6. This draft will start after all teams are filled and we get most people to sign in, in this thread at a later date. If you are CURRENTLY SIGNED UP PLEASE make a post in this thread to show you are signed in. I'll have a list in here of those who have signed in and those who have not and I may replace the inactive ones.

7. Post ONLY draft picks in the DRAFT THREAD (which doesn't exist yet but will soon). Post comments in this thread.

8. I reserve the right to add rules, remove rules, change rules, remove or replace GM's at any time. I also may enforce my own skips.

9. The posting and discussion of undrafted players is FROWNED upon but not against the rules. I am going to allow it with no penalty set as long as it doesn't become ridiculous. Early on it's definitely fine but as we get to later rounds it's best to try and avoid it. I think we did fine last time and can all agree on this.

10. You are REQUIRED after you make a selection to VM or PM the team behind you to tell them that they are up. I want this done. It's not that hard. You don't have to PM every single member but I would like you to try to. You are also ENCOURAGED to warn posters if they are a couple picks away. Sometimes you have some down time and you know you're up in a few picks, go ahead and tell the next 2-3 people they are up soon. It never hurts.

I will have a list of all GM's with links to their profiles so that shouldn't be too hard to keep up with.

11. I am open to suggestions to the rules. I also need active volunteers to take lists and help pass trades if need be.

12. NEW SKIP RULE If you are a GM and your pick comes up and you have not been online in 48 hours you will be automatically skipped and most likely replaced. If you know you're going to have a situation like this, that's fine. I run into this personally, send a list or give a warning at the very least. Leave someone in charge, something. You have been warned. (This applies if you have multiple GM's and they have all been offline for 48 hours or more.)

13. If you trade for a pick ON THE CLOCK you have 30 minutes from the time I put that trade into the second post of the draft thread to either select a player or retrade that pick. This will be enforced. Going to trade for a pick OTC? Have a plan, once it's approved you have a short window.

Member List/Sign In List

49ers-JOSKOMANG4
    Bears-Mixeditup1
    Bengals-danielleighgill
    Bills-FutureGM55
    Broncos-UKBronco58 and Mudvayneowns91
    Browns-Melo15
    Bucaneers-Quikdraw
    Cardinals-GoPacers33
    Chargers-BCB mwat15
    Chiefs-jd25213
    Colts-TheSportMessiah
    Cowboys-bhooks80
    Dolphins-LegendX and godolpins
    Eagles-Route 36 West
    Falcons-NJrockPD
    Giants-.Sean.
    Jaguars-Wolvesjagsfan10 and Jags4Life
    Jets-bwallstreet
    Lions-StriveGreatness
    Packers-NormSizedMidget
    Panthers-Homestar A. Smith
    Patriots-B'sCeltsPatsSox
    Raiders-SDraiders619
    Rams-JoeDirt05
    Ravens-PocketKings
    Redskins-BF1
    Saints-T.O. RaPz--Le@F
    Seahawks-Seattle4Ever
    Steelers-neovenator250
    Texans-astrosmaniac and TexasRetic
    Titans-mightybosstone
    Vikings-AP=MVP

LIST OF TRUSTED MEMBERS YOU CAN SEND LISTS TO WHEN YOU WILL NOT BE ONLINE FOR YOUR PICK.
    AP=MVP
    NormSizedmidget
    homestaruner93
    UKBronco58
    B'sCeltsPatsSox
    Last edited by Norm; 04-06-2012 at 07:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seppuku View Post
    Hear ye, hear ye! Bring forth the possibly real and possibly imaginary poll.

Oops, I wasn't bull****ting.

vCash
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSLlZh9yelk

But seriously, read the rules people.

vCash
    They're all pretty simple we shouldn't have issues. It's mostly about being active and sending lists. Do that and we'll be golden.

vCash
    Signing in for me as well as the rest of the guys in the Jags forum that are helping out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    They're all pretty simple we shouldn't have issues. It's mostly about being active and sending lists. Do that and we'll be golden.
    Oh, I agree. It will just make everything so much easier if everyone understands to notify the next GM up, the skip, and list rules from the beginning.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolvesjagsfan10 View Post
    Signing in for me as well as the rest of the guys in the Jags forum that are helping out.
    Will do, haven't put that up yet but I will soon and sign you guys in.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCB mwat15 View Post
    Oh, I agree. It will just make everything so much easier if everyone understands to notify the next GM up, the skip, and list rules from the beginning.
    I've told a few people this, I'm going to be a Nazi when it comes to forcing skips and lists. We should be able to move this thing. I'm worried it will get stagnant early and we won't get very far.

I don't want to skip anyone early and we should cruise but we all need to be on the ball as we go along. We should all have enough draft knowledge now to make picks IMO.

vCash
    List Nazi? Sounds like a job for CSSTL. lol

vCash
    Hi

Props to phins1983

vCash
    I'll be one of those trade guy things if needs be.

vCash
    I'll take lists when the time comes, hopefully we can get this done pretty quickly.

Props to phins1983

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BCB mwat15 View Post
    List Nazi? Sounds like a job for CSSTL. lol
    hahahahaha yes, yes it does.
    Quote Originally Posted by AP=MVP View Post
    Hi
    Quote Originally Posted by UKBronco58 View Post
    I'll be one of those trade guy things if needs be.
    Quote Originally Posted by AP=MVP View Post
    I'll take lists when the time comes, hopefully we can get this done pretty quickly.
    I'll add both of you to the list for it.

vCash
    You don't get a subforum, Norm?

Props to phins1983

vCash
    Nah. We only need two threads anyways, this is how we did it last time. It worked just fine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    Nah. We only need two threads anyways, this is how we did it last time. It worked just fine.
    I'd suggest a completed trades thread too (or reserve the second post of the draft thread for completed trades). It got kind of cluttered in the game thread trying to keep the trades straight along with the picks being made, JMO.

vCash
    That's a good idea. I'll do that.

Page 1 of 119 1231151101 ... LastLast