Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Can we amnesty Claude? Please read.

So with every new CBA there are people who try to get around the new rules. I was thinking of this, tell me if it is legal and your idea.

Resign Claude in the off season to 8 years 75 million. 2 weeks later amnesty him, and resign him to 8 years 10 million.

We could have our stud guy for 1.2 million per. Really would help with the cap.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homer2680 View Post
    So with every new CBA there are people who try to get around the new rules. I was thinking of this, tell me if it is legal and your idea.

Resign Claude in the off season to 8 years 75 million. 2 weeks later amnesty him, and resign him to 8 years 10 million.

You obviously don't understand the amnesty rule. You cannot dump and resign your own player. The rule is designed just like the NBA clause. We dumped Elton Brand; he got a boat load of money to go away and he signed with the Mavs. He gets to double dip, and we get cap relief with no option to resign.

vCash
    Even if it were an option, theres no chance Claude wouldn't go to another team for a much bigger contract

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin_PA View Post
    You obviously don't understand the amnesty rule. You cannot dump and resign your own player. The rule is designed just like the NBA clause. We dumped Elton Brand; he got a boat load of money to go away and he signed with the Mavs. He gets to double dip, and we get cap relief with no option to resign.
    My question is in the new CBA can you resign a player you amnesty? I know how the NBA CBA is structured. I haven't seen the language on the NHL CBA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seguin View Post
    Even if it were an option, theres no chance Claude wouldn't go to another team for a much bigger contract
    But what if he would do it? I mean he would be hip to the whole discussion and know what is going on.

vCash
    But what if he would do it? I mean he would be hip to the whole discussion and know what is going on.
    But he'd still be leaving something like 70m on the table. Even if he was already making a lot its hard for Anyone to turn that down. I don't believe your allowed to resign the players though

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seguin View Post
    But he'd still be leaving something like 70m on the table. Even if he was already making a lot its hard for Anyone to turn that down. I don't believe your allowed to resign the players though
    That is what I think, but it was just a thought. What if???

vCash
    Every CBA there are new ways to get around the rules. Just trying to think of a few.

vCash
    Just no

City of Brotherly Love

vCash

First off... No. Second off... No. And Third... No. Think back to Kovalchuk and the Devils. Even if something is not illegal in the books, the NHL can make it illegal, then penalize you for circumventing the Cap. So discussing if it is or isn't legal is moot. Not to mention the idea is just completely unprofessional, and no player or owner would get themselves in such a shady deal.
    "Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly upon our own point of view.", "The circle is now complete. When I left you I was but the learner, now I am the master.", "I find your lack of faith disturbing.", "I can feel your anger... it gives you focus, it makes you stronger!"

vCash
    No.

lol bryz

vCash
    I was under the impression that the amnesty buyouts applied only to contracts signed before the new CBA. It's not explicit in anything I've read, but it's certainly implied. The purpose of the amnesty clause is to help teams get under the new, lower salary cap. Given that any contracts signed post-CBA would be agreed to with full knowledge of the lower cap, using an amnesty buyout on such a contract would run counter to the purpose of the clause, and so even if it wouldn't be strictly illegal, the league wouldn't allow it, as Youarewrong said.

Learning to love the bomb since 2009

Phils, Eagles, Flyers

vCash
    Why do people come up with idea's that have zero chance of happening

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Youarewrong View Post
    First off... No. Second off... No. And Third... No. Think back to Kovalchuk and the Devils. Even if something is not illegal in the books, the NHL can make it illegal, then penalize you for circumventing the Cap. So discussing if it is or isn't legal is moot. Not to mention the idea is just completely unprofessional, and no player or owner would get themselves in such a shady deal.
    Somewhat like finding a loophole where you submit an offer sheet that front loads two seasons worth of maximum allowed signing bonuses into one calendar year in an attempt to crimple the small market franchise owning the players rights if they match????

PS.... If there was a GM that would try such a shady thing Homer is your guy. God I love that man

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StryderSox View Post
    Somewhat like finding a loophole where you submit an offer sheet that front loads two seasons worth of maximum allowed signing bonuses into one calendar year in an attempt to crimple the small market franchise owning the players rights if they match????

PS.... If there was a GM that would try such a shady thing Homer is your guy. God I love that man
    If you are not cheating, you are not trying.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast