...And did you see that Giroux goal?

vCash
    I think that Bryz should stay on strike haha
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    The universe told him.

lol bryz

vCash
    it doesn't matter ... bryz and pronger will be bought out ... looks like there will be a cap buyout ability by two players ...

looks like we need a new goalie ... bernier anyone?

vCash
    Agreed. If they don't buy out both of these contracts, they will be hosed next year cap wise bc of the variance they are going to put in place. It's a shame they have to buy out pronger instead of keeping him on the LTIR.

vCash
    So i guess this can be the "The lockout has ended" thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Claude28Giroux View Post
    The universe told him.

Very interesting that the Minnesota Wild are screwed, and are 4 million over the new cap, Calgary also in bad shape, can look at those rosters like a shopping list right now

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    it doesn't matter ... bryz and pronger will be bought out ... looks like there will be a cap buyout ability by two players ...

looks like we need a new goalie ... bernier anyone?
    Forget bernier, have to give-up a lot for him and not quite proven. I'd say Luongo who will probably get cutoff by Vancouver, can sign him on the cheao as he will still be getting payed nicely by vancouver. He is still a good goaltender, unfairly criticized by the media.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by im_cruzin View Post
    Forget bernier, have to give-up a lot for him and not quite proven. I'd say Luongo who will probably get cutoff by Vancouver, can sign him on the cheao as he will still be getting payed nicely by vancouver. He is still a good goaltender, unfairly criticized by the media.
    without looking at your 'location' in your profile, based on the above comment, i said to myself, "... he must be Canadian" ...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by im_cruzin View Post
    sucks that Tim Thomas is so old because you could probably get Tukka Rask for an arm and a leg.

This kid we drafted in 2nd round better grow up to be MArty Broduer, because I'm gonna miss Bob

vCash
    Wonder if we can sucker the Blue Jackets into trading us Bob for Bryz.......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    Wonder if we can sucker the Blue Jackets into trading us Bob for Bryz.......
    what can't anyone sucker the blue jackets into?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    without looking at your 'location' in your profile, based on the above comment, i said to myself, "... he must be Canadian" ...
    Well, this forum has always been a good group and I enjoy talking hockey with this group who honestly love this game. So I will only acknowledge your possible shot (if that was in fact your intent) about my location by simply stating the best player on this team is Canadian, Clarke is an esteemed Canadian, Hartnell is Canadian, Parent is Canadian, Pronger...all players you have cheered for and no doubt stitch on the backs of your beautiful jerseys, so I guess we are not so bad up here I am no different, I still have Halladay stitched as Blue Jay!

That being said, Luongo is not a bad goalie at all, his numbers speak clearly and he's consistent. Vancouver's implosion was less on the goalie and a case that LA caught fire and won the whole thing. he has won on every level and has backstopped teams with brutal defense (all his years in FLA). Bernier is not tested, LA has a very strong system that commits to their own end and their 6 on the blueline is solid, both Quick and Bernier have that luxury. Lavy has a more end to end system, with less emphasis on slowing the game down-I think bernier would face more shots and his numbers would reflect a lower quality keeper. With Luongo, he's proven to be a better goalie when peppered with shots regularly, he would be a better fit for this team-my opinion, biased slightly because Luongo's italian roots are identical to mine lol.
    Last edited by im_cruzin; 01-07-2013 at 12:54 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Stevens View Post
    sucks that Tim Thomas is so old because you could probably get Tukka Rask for an arm and a leg.

This kid we drafted in 2nd round better grow up to be MArty Broduer, because I'm gonna miss Bob
    I have the same feeling Bobrovsky will be alright in Columbus, he has the athletic ability and just needs to grow into the position. The deal was made to accommodate some cap room for Weber's offer sheet-not a bad gamble really.

Thomas is retired, would need to add a lung and heart to that arm and leg package to get Rask now-never will happen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast