Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Lindros skates with team..

vCash
    younger then jags ... and probably better then shelley without really doing much ...

just saying ...

hartnell giroux jagr
    schenn briere simmonds
    big E (maybe Center maybe LW) Couturier (Center or LW) Vorchek
    rinaldo talbot read

just saying ... .... just saying .... wow lol

vCash
    Homer called him up and asked him to come skate with the team.

Love it.

vCash
    Not that it would happen, but I would love to see 88 out there again...

vCash
    It's nice to see it happen. I like that the organization and 88 have mended their fences. Lindros has no interest in coming back though, he's done with hockey as a player.
    <Meaning and Content>

...And did you see that Giroux goal?

vCash
    I think its great he is enjoying being part of the organization again..He did alot for us

vCash
    IDK...he may get that itch like many atheletes do after being away from the sport for an extended period.

I'd personally love it. Cya Shelley plus insurance while JVR is hobbled.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thPrizedFighter View Post
    IDK...he may get that itch like many atheletes do after being away from the sport for an extended period.

I'd personally love it. Cya Shelley plus insurance while JVR is hobbled.
    hes VERY out of shape (I think he wears no pads because if he did, he'd look like the Michelin man out there) and I think hes at the point where 1 more concussion will risk a very likely chance of serious brain trauma

But, I will always think of Lindros as the best hockey player of all time. He might not have the stats, he may have had a short career, and had problems with maturity... but on the ice where it counted, I think the best ever. Before any doubters try to refute that, know that pro scouts almost unanimously believe that as well.

I was already in the Holmgren fan club, but now I love the guy even more. Bringing in Lindros to skate with these guys? Lindros helping out Schenn and Couts with their offensive development? Am I dreaming right now? HIRE HIM AS AN ASSISTANT COACH! (Lappy's contract will be over soon)
    Last edited by Randall Stevens; 03-30-2012 at 12:13 AM.

vCash
    No way Lindros was the best ever. He was a very good hockey player but nowhere near the best ever. That would be Gretsky.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jc27 View Post
    No way Lindros was the best ever. He was a very good hockey player but nowhere near the best ever. That would be Gretsky.
    thats the obvious answer. Gretzky was the best in his era, but theres a chance he'd get torn up today. As the game changed and power forwards were born, Gretzky ****ing bounced.

I'm not talking about stats or accomplishments. I'm talking talent.

Lindros was the best hockey talent to ever play. When he was still healthy, he'd dominate any era or style of hockey. Like I said, all scouts agree.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Stevens View Post
    thats the obvious answer. Gretzky was the best in his era, but theres a chance he'd get torn up today. As the game changed and power forwards were born, Gretzky ****ing bounced.

I'm not talking about stats or accomplishments. I'm talking talent.

Lindros was the best hockey talent to ever play. When he was still healthy, he'd dominate any era or style of hockey. Like I said, all scouts agree.
    Come on man.

Wayne Gretzky bounced during the new era? No, he played 21 seasons in the league. That's why he retired. He was still putting up big numbers in his last few seasons.

Eric Lindros in his prime, was probably one of the best players of all-time. His prime vs everyone else's is simple. He was not the grestest.

1995/1996 was his best season, correct? Mario Lemeuix and Jaromir Jagr both had a high PPG than Eric Lindros.

Oh, we're not talking stats? I don't know how you can say Eric Lindros was the best ever. When I first got into hockey, he was still putting up big numbers. I was a fan of his actually, but he was not better than the likes of ;

Nick Lidstrom
    Wayne Gretzky
    Gordie Howe
    Ray Bourque
    Joe Sakic
    Steve Yzerman
    Mike Bossy
    Dom Hasek
    Martin Brodeur

I'd compare him around Pavel Bure in his prime, though they played COMPLETELY DIFFERENT STYLES.

Also, I'm curious to see these analysts.

----------------------------------------------------------

It's cool seeing Lindros on the ice with the Flyers. He really matured in his later years, and still has the talent to play if he were in shape. With that said, he's too banged up. He's had so many damn injuries, that he shouldn't attempt this.

He was one of the best powerforwards of all-time, and what made him so special and different, was his hands.

vCash
    I don't think there's any chance of Lindros playing competitively again. Honestly, he's just suffered far too much brain trauma as it is, and you can hear it when he speaks. He just sounds.. off. It's really a shame that something like that can happen. I think that this is mostly just an olive branch and maybe a way to welcome him back into the Flyers family. Ed Snider has been really good about that throughout the years.

Oh, as for the greatest of all time. I can see how they would say he's the "greatest talent" of all time, but he certainly wasn't the greatest player. It basically just means he had the highest potential of anyone, and I understand that statement. There really wasn't anyone else to ever have his size, speed, and yet still have the finesse and scoring touch he had. Not that I've seen anyway so that doesn't really say much, but that's just the way I see it.
    Last edited by delfinko; 03-30-2012 at 12:36 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by delfinko View Post
    I don't think there's any chance of Lindros playing competitively again. Honestly, he's just suffered far too much brain trauma as it is, and you can hear it when he speaks. He just sounds.. off. It's really a shame that something like that can happen. I think that this is mostly just an olive branch and maybe a way to welcome him back into the Flyers family. Ed Snider has been really good about that throughout the years.

Oh, as for the greatest of all time. I can see how they would say he's the "greatest talent" of all time, but he certainly wasn't the greatest player. It basically just means he had the highest potential of anyone, and I understand that statement. There really wasn't anyone else to ever have his size, speed, and yet still have the finesse and scoring touch he had. Not that I've seen anyway so that doesn't really say much, but that's just the way I see it.

that's really not true. Mario Lemieux played at the same exact height and weight. he had just as much speed, finesse, and scoring touch, if not a better scoring touch. i mean the guy scored on his first shift of his first game on his first shot in the NHL.

did he hit like lindros? no. Mario was much more finesse than physical. however, the argument can be made that Mario would have more career points than Gretzky had he not had back issues. the same cannot be said for lindros.

talent-wise, i could see the argument for lindros. i agree with delfinko and wings on this one, though: Gretzky was the best player of all-time.

vCash
    ^No your right, that's my bad on the wording. I meant physicality when I said size and speed. Just that the way he played as a bruiser while maintaining that finesse and touch. I don't think I've ever seen that from anyone other than him. It would be like Sestito or Carcillo having the scoring ability that Lindros had.

I agree about Lemeiux too. In my opinion he's about as close to Gretzky as someone could be for the greatest ever. Lemeiux was just as incredible, and I can see the argument being made in favor of him. I mean he was playing with cancer before he was diagnosed and started radiation therapy, which from all accounts drains you physically and he missed just 20ish games and put up 160 points in 60 games, missed basically the next year and then 2 seasons after he was diagnosed he came back with 161 points in 70 games. It takes a scary talent to do that while 100% healthy let alone with all the problems Lemeiux had and I'm not even including his second comeback.

vCash
    He could very well have learned to keep his head up and on a swivel. He certainly has had plenty time to think about what ended his career.

But I agree with the lot, that he will not attempt a comeback. Even though fans would love it. The crowd would be nuts! Wells Fargo would be so electric they'd be forced to blackout the rest of the city....especially if we match up with the Pens!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast