Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

h2r and bell possibly heading to boston

the other site states that marlins and redsox are in deep discussions to send hanley and bell to red sox for carl crawford....we will stay tuned

vCash

buster
    Sources:There is no current discussion involving Crawford and Hanley Ramirez/Heath Bell. Was brought up briefly as concept,immediately died.
    Just ship out bell for a box of rocks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post

buster

Just ship out bell for a box of rocks.
    i think it would be a stupid trade anyway. that is too big of a contract crawford has. Bell must go and might as well trade h2r cause he will not re-sign with us after next year. dont want him anyway.

I can see this FO trading away JJ and A. Sanchez or just one of them. I say if they do they need to package bell with it.

vCash
    wonder if we can send A. Sanchez and h2r or bell to boston for Jacoby Ellsbury

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mn1170 View Post
    i think it would be a stupid trade anyway. that is too big of a contract crawford has. Bell must go and might as well trade h2r cause he will not re-sign with us after next year. dont want him anyway.

I can see this FO trading away JJ and A. Sanchez or just one of them. I say if they do they need to package bell with it.
    you dont think hanley will resign?

vCash
    A deal centered around Crawford, Jose Iglesias, Ryan Lavarnway, Garin Cecchini and $$$ for Hanley/Bell would be interesting.

Of course, there would need to be a hell of a lot of $$$ coming the Marlins' way.
    Last edited by gotoHcarolina52; 07-18-2012 at 05:13 PM.

vCash
    crawford's contract is far worse then bells.
    "Joe Montana was a product of a system, Dan Marino was a system" -- Bill Walsh

vCash
    Crawford has one of the worst contracts in all of baseball. The guy is still owed 144M, hasn't been able to stay healthy, he's not even hitting well when he IS on the field, and there's lingering concerns about a tommy john surgery in his future and he plays LF. He's not even a premier CF anymore.

I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Bell bounce back next year. And he's been solid in a setup role this year. New city, new ballpark, new contract, pressure, uncomfortable, who knows. At worst he's still a serviceable bullpen guy, just need to stop putting him out there for save situations for a while.

And I don't know if HanRam would resign, I'm sure we'll approach him about how much he wants and if he say something absurd we'll trade him like we did with Uggla. If he doesn't turn it around, why would you pay him like a premier player? He hasn't produced in quite some time like he used to. He's still a very solid 3rd baseman defensively and hitting bombs, but he's been an overall disappointment. I heard Infante rumors also, maybe trade him and see what we got in Solano. Although I like Infante and he's relatively cheap at 4M next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gotoHcarolina52 View Post
    A deal centered around Crawford, Jose Iglesias, Ryan Lavarnway, Garin Cecchini and $$$ for Hanley/Bell would be interesting.

Of course, there would need to be a hell of a lot of $$$ coming the Marlins' way.
    Red Sox fan here.cmon.are you being serious.that's too much to give up for hanley.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EEasyA View Post
    Red Sox fan here.cmon.are you being serious.that's too much to give up for hanley.
    Especially when we're taking back bell. I wouldn't give up Lavarnway and I'd be a little skeptical of giving up Cecc. Iglesias is expendable because we have Boegarts, Marrero, and a few other SS but you are asking for way too much.

If you want all that well need Solano/Ruggiano