Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Possibly they were talking about that on NFL network the other day.

vCash
    Really? I dont have NFL network so i wouldnt know. Any idea what they were saying?

vCash
    My desire as of today for round 1-2

Stephen Hill
    Bobby Wagner

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    my first round pick would be the LB from Alabama Hightower, it would make me feel a whole lot better about the loss of demeco. i'd also like it if dontari poe fell (doubt it). having his speed and size at the nose with the rest of the front 7 would be downright nasty!

i have a strange suspicion that the texans could try to move up to nab that high level WR

i'd like to see what bryan brahman can do before burning a 1st rounder on a OLB
    Last edited by Verbal Christ; 04-05-2012 at 09:01 PM.

"If I had to pick a center [for an all-time best team], I would take Olajuwon. That leaves out Shaq, Patrick Ewing. It leaves out Wilt Chamberlain. It leaves out a lot of people. And the reason I would take Olajuwon is very simple: he is so versatile. It's not just his scoring, not just his rebounding or not just his blocked shots. He was in the top seven in steals. He always made great decisions on the court. For all facets of the game, I have to give it to him." -Michael Jordan

vCash
    I have to agree, I think Braman could be used pretty well this season. But I dont feel like we are going to move up, nor do I want Poe. Yea he is a freak but he doesnt play like one.

vCash
    i dont know how memphis used the guy, or for that matter if the coaching and conditioning staff were up to par, but if a guy who is 6'5 and 350 lbs can move like him, you pick him and put your coaches to work. those measurables cant be taught, technique and positioning can. a little *** chewing for motivation by an ex marine defensive line coach could do wonders for an underachiever.

if any team on the brink is poised to make a move it would be the texans IMO. this team needs a splash in the worst way after a strange offseason so far, you're probably right given the history of a reluctant organization to make any kind of risky move. whether thats good or not is a question of debate.

"If I had to pick a center [for an all-time best team], I would take Olajuwon. That leaves out Shaq, Patrick Ewing. It leaves out Wilt Chamberlain. It leaves out a lot of people. And the reason I would take Olajuwon is very simple: he is so versatile. It's not just his scoring, not just his rebounding or not just his blocked shots. He was in the top seven in steals. He always made great decisions on the court. For all facets of the game, I have to give it to him." -Michael Jordan

vCash
    I keep hearing us taking Houston native George Iloka S I would like to get him. Let him back up for a couple of years. Then let him replace Manning (age 30) down the road or if he makes a transition to SS may allow us not to have to re-sign Quinn next year.

vCash
    I was thinking today, if most of the top receivers are off the board. Why not trade right out of the first? Get a 1 next year, and a second. Then pick high in the second and later. Then use one of our other picks to trade up a little higher in the second. I think this could be very good for us. Seriously, if Blackmon, Floyd, Wright, and Hill are gone, and our team doesnt feel we could use Fleener with what we have already, then i say go for it. I wouldnt mind two 1s next year.

vCash
    Harrison Smith-Safety could be a good pick. Possibbly a best pick at the position type of thing. Any one up for a Mock Draft by every one here? We set up a mock where we alternate picks, anyone up for it?

vCash
    Ive followed walterfootball.com drafts for the past 5 years or so and definitely dig the mocks leading to the draft. In this draft he sees the Texans picking Nick Perry, which it seems most of you dislike: http://walterfootball.com/draft2012_1.php
    Many of you say the Courtney Upshaw is a 4-3 linebacker, but I've read in multiple mocks that he's a 3-4, I kinda like Upshaw based on reputation, but supposedly Perry is in the mold of Clay Matthews.
    I like the idea of either based upon the Texans last drafts. Brooks Reed and Conner Barwin were both taken in the 2nd round and brought along in the rotation slowly, but I think the value in the first makes Perry or Upshaw a better fit because there doesn't seem like theres many pass rushers that will end up in the 2nd. Furthermore, there should be a solid selection of receivers in the 2nd and the remaining prospects aren't worthy of the 1st pick if Stephen Hill, Wright and Floyd are gone.
    It seems like a modern defensive mantra is that you can never have enough pass rushers and the team can bring in the new guy along slowly. Is there any prospect versatile enough to play both middle and outside linebacker? I remember Cushing got moved from outside to middle from his first to 2nd year. If that's the case and Hightower falls to us, I'm down to see him join the team.
    Last edited by TecmoBoJackson; 04-07-2012 at 10:32 PM.

vCash
    Where did you hear he was in the mold of Clay Mathews? If he was wouldnt he be alot higher in this draft, especially among the OLBs in the draft. I dont like what ive seen to be able to take him in the first. He reminds me of Robert English and Robert Ayers, not Clay. I still believe if we dont have the top Receivers on the board we should trade down or out of the first and stock pile more picks

vCash
    I don't know how credible the Clay Matthews/Nick Perry comparison was, but I'll attach the link if I find a reliable source.

fftoolbox.com had Hightower going to the Pats with the 31st, Ive seen many mocks have the Steelers take him before our pick, but I really think he should be the guy because he can play both inside and outside, which would provide depth:

"Hightower has had success both as a run stuffer and a pass rusher and excels both inside and outside in a 3-4 defense. Hightower's stock is on the rise after a dominant performance in the National Championship game against LSU. He served as the signal caller for the Alabama defense and the physical in-the-box defender would be a solid pick late in round 1."

vCash
    Maybe he is going to be a great player, im not saying that. I just hear he isnt consistent. To me players without high motors that dont bring it every down dont turn out great in the nfl. But i do like Upshaw. I think the only thing that may hurt him is his intelligence and how well he can learn coverages but he did come from Nick Sabans D, so ill give him props because he probably knows his stuff when it comes to that.
    Last edited by malley03; 04-07-2012 at 11:07 PM.

vCash
    If you go into the 2013 mock draft at the bottom of the link, they have Houston picking 32 which would mean the TEXANS WON THE SUPERBOWL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Xander09; 04-07-2012 at 11:12 PM. Reason: Forgot words

vCash
    Oh yeah, I saw that too, several 2013 drafts Ive seen had the Texans at the 32nd pick, can't wait for the draft or the 2012 season!

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast