Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Playoff Roster

vCash

Playoff Roster

This can be merged if needed because it's mostly just for speculation since I haven't seen anything on the matter, but what changes, if any, do you/we want, or expect to see come 2 weeks from now?

I haven't seen anything about him, but I obviously hope JVR can come back. He will have some fresh legs and he should be pretty eager to show why he got that big contract. Assuming he comes back healthy and strong enough am I the only one that would prefer to see JVR replace Rinaldo rather than Wellwood?

Hartnell - G - Jagr
    Schenn - Briere - Simmonds
    JVR - Couturier - Vorachek
    Wellwood - Talbot - Read

The bottom 2 lines are tough to piece together for me. I really like the strong defensive line that Laviolette has put together lately, but these 4 lines would give us a 20+ goal scorer on 3 lines (would be all 4 if JVR didn't get hurt) plus it would give us a really high energy, more disciplined 4th line that also is pretty strong defensively.

Coburn - Grossmann
    Carle - Timmonen
    Gustafsson - Kubina

Keep the status quo here. I like all 3 lines the way they've been.

Bryz
    Bob

Thoughts?

vCash
    JVR as well as the Flyers organization believe he will be back some time during round 1.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by delfinko View Post
    This can be merged if needed because it's mostly just for speculation since I haven't seen anything on the matter, but what changes, if any, do you/we want, or expect to see come 2 weeks from now?

I haven't seen anything about him, but I obviously hope JVR can come back. He will have some fresh legs and he should be pretty eager to show why he got that big contract. Assuming he comes back healthy and strong enough am I the only one that would prefer to see JVR replace Rinaldo rather than Wellwood?

Hartnell - G - Jagr
    Schenn - Briere - Simmonds
    JVR - Couturier - Vorachek
    Wellwood - Talbot - Read

The bottom 2 lines are tough to piece together for me. I really like the strong defensive line that Laviolette has put together lately, but these 4 lines would give us a 20+ goal scorer on 3 lines (would be all 4 if JVR didn't get hurt) plus it would give us a really high energy, more disciplined 4th line that also is pretty strong defensively.

Coburn - Grossmann
    Carle - Timmonen
    Gustafsson - Kubina

Keep the status quo here. I like all 3 lines the way they've been.

Bryz
    Bob

Thoughts?
    I like the top 2 lines, and Lavy could swap JVR in there if they need a shakeup

But i REALLY want to see a [Read - Couturier - Talbot] line. Because when Crosby/Malkin is on the ice, I would REALLY like to see this group on the ice..

Read - Couturier - Talbot
    Grossmann - Coburn

that is an absolute shut down group. call it a 3rd line or a 4th line, doesnt matter to me.

vCash
    I have a feeling that JVR, once he gets his legs back, will be on Briere's line....So either Schenn or Simmonds will move to the 3rd line...

I'd like to see Simmonds move to the 3rd line if JVR does come back at full strength....that'll give all three lines a guy who plants himself in front of the net...making the opponents defenseman focus on trying to clear the front for the goalie...

When the Flyers play to the outside in the offensive zone it just seems like there's too many passes and they don't get that high quality chance like they do when Simmonds or Hartnell plugs the front of the net...

I like Read, Couturier, and Talbot....speed, size, and defensive responsibility on the fourth line...

I agree with delfinko...Wellwood has more then earned a spot on the roster for the playofffs....he has a knack of getting to the puck....he's quick, determined, and does all the little things needed in the game.