Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Bryz injured

vCash

Bryz injured

Out with a chip fracture in his foot. day to day.

vCash
    as per rotoworld

Quote Originally Posted by Rotoworld:
    Ilya Bryzgalov has a chip fracture in his right foot and will miss Thursday's game at Toronto and is otherwise day-to-day.
    Flyers fan are probably thinking, "here we go again" with respect to their team’s goaltending situation. While Bryzgalov may be day-to-day, the timing with the playoffs two weeks hence cannot be worse. That is especially the case considering the roll Bryzgalov, seen limping after Monday night's game, has been on. The goalie had a club-tying (Bernie Parent) 11-game stretch of allowing no more than two goals snapped against visiting Tampa Bay on Monday.

what a kick to the nuts... esp if we have to face the Rangers / Pens like how its looking....

Check out our website for Philly Sports .
    Or PM me if you ever need a WEBSITE of course that will cost ya.

vCash
    sick, just when I was starting to feel confident of a deep run.

vCash
    Timonen has an upper body injury also.

vCash
    we can't catch a freaking break

vCash
    Bryz can come back from this.

in all honesty though, if it is bothering him AT ALL, i say you sit him out. even if it means he doesn't see the ice again until game 1 of the playoffs, you sit him out.

last thing you want is this thing nagging him throughout the playoffs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    Bryz can come back from this.

in all honesty though, if it is bothering him AT ALL, i say you sit him out. even if it means he doesn't see the ice again until game 1 of the playoffs, you sit him out.

last thing you want is this thing nagging him throughout the playoffs.

yea. Playoffs are clinched. chances are we are playing the Penguins or the Rangers in round 1, regardless of the outcome of our upcoming games. All we can do is be healthy when the first round starts. I think there's 6 games left. I absolutely say sit Timonen and Bryz for 4 of them, and anyone else thats recovering.

use the last 2 games of the season to get rolling and hit the playoffs running

vCash
    They were talking about it on the radio last night....Athletes that have had a chip fracture missed at least two weeks of action because of it....Don't know how it'll affect hockey players....most notable players mentioned were baseball and basketball players..

Get these injuries out of the way now so when playoffs roll around they can roll ahead healthy....

vCash
    from what I'm hearing it sounds like it wont affect us much. He should be ok for the playoffs. Timonen should be fine as well just a deep bruise.

Andres is looking at about 6 more weeks more then likely so we will be without him at least round 1 possibly even round 2 if we get past the Pens / Rangers like we all suspect we would be playing

Check out our website for Philly Sports .
    Or PM me if you ever need a WEBSITE of course that will cost ya.

vCash
    They were saying that Bryz suffered this injury in the Pre Game against Tampa and played through it for that game. They apparently did 3 x-rays that showed nothing and it was not until an MRI was done that they saw the problem. I think he should be fine for the playoffs and fully agree with resting him until then.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofphilly View Post
    from what I'm hearing it sounds like it wont affect us much. He should be ok for the playoffs. Timonen should be fine as well just a deep bruise.

Andres is looking at about 6 more weeks more then likely so we will be without him at least round 1 possibly even round 2 if we get past the Pens / Rangers like we all suspect we would be playing
    Well according to most of the people in this forum ( me not included ) we wont miss him and it`s not really a big deal because we do not need an offence from our d-man ....lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FLYER-FAN View Post
    Well according to most of the people in this forum ( me not included ) we wont miss him and it`s not really a big deal because we do not need an offence from our d-man ....lol
    Lets not get crazy, I'm sure it was only 1 or 2 who made a comment like that

Regardless I say rest them both for as long as they need and lets pray to whatever god/creature/sandwich you believe in that we still healthy for the rest of the playoffs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FLYER-FAN View Post
    especially in the playoffs

but the guy who takes his spot in the top 6 order (Carle) isnt much better then Mez at shutting down offensive threats, but at least Carle blocks some shots. and really only the #6 guy changes because of Mez (Gus or Lilja) who will barely see ice come playoffs anyway...

trust me its not a big deal when your healthy top 6 is stacked like this team. Flyers usually only roll with 4 come playoffs

and yes I am not a fan of defensemen who's best attribute to the team isnt their defense. I played defense for 10 years and always saw the most effective defensemen are the Grossmann type. (my playing size was 6'6" 260, so I might be alittle biased lol)
    Last edited by Randall Stevens; 03-29-2012 at 07:55 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Stevens View Post
    especially in the playoffs

but the guy who takes his spot in the top 6 order (Carle) isnt much better then Mez at shutting down offensive threats, but at least Carle blocks some shots. and really only the #6 guy changes because of Mez (Gus or Lilja) who will barely see ice come playoffs anyway...

trust me its not a big deal when your healthy top 6 is stacked like this team. Flyers usually only roll with 4 come playoffs

and yes I am not a fan of defensemen who's best attribute to the team isnt their defense. I played defense for 10 years and always saw the most effective defensemen are the Grossmann type. (my playing size was 6'6" 260, so I might be alittle biased lol)

i didn't know pavel kubina wrote in these forums!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    i didn't know pavel kubina wrote in these forums!

lol please, Kubina wishes he was my size.

I have a real funny picture of me skating next to a high school freshman in a game at MSG, looks like I'm a parent playing with 6 year olds. Gotta find it and make it my sig.
    Last edited by Randall Stevens; 03-30-2012 at 12:51 AM.