Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

UFA's for 2012, who do we re-sign

We have quite a few Unrestricted Free Agents this year. I'm wondering who everyone thinks we should re-sign, and which we just let go. Who is worth the money.

McArdle
    Flood
    Meech
    Jones
    Jaffray
    Mason
    Wellwood
    Slater
    Glass

vCash
    Jim Slater and Tanner Glass played excellent this season.

Slater is actually one of my favourites. He started off hot, but did slow down late. He does create a lot of chances, and 20 points for a fourth liner isn't bad, at all. He set his career high in minutes by nearly five per game. He was -13 though.

Tanner also put up a career high. He too played a career high in minutes, and scored some key goals early in the season. Solid fourth liner.

Tanner Glass - 2 years, 2.1M total
    Jim Slater - 3 years, 5.5M total

Those would be ideal.

Derek Meech is a give or take. He can step up, play some games, and add some leadership.

Chris Mason is a great guy to have around, and I'd like to see him return.

Kyle Wellwood was a stud, but really isn't a long-term fix, or semi long-term. 3M per year sounds about right, over two years. He isn't a finisher, but adds a spark to that second line. He's a good guy to have around on the PP.

Sucks that this year's free agency class sucks big time.

vCash
    flood, slater

We need bigger centers

Jaffray will no doubtingly be back due to the moose factor

vCash
    Agree with Wellwood, only made 700k this year think at 28 2/3m would double his salary. Love to watch him fly around the ice but just can't bury it. With all his chances could be a 30 goal scorer.

Agree with Slater and Glass good to keep , 29 and 28 we need some veterens here and the money is do able. They are great 4th liners for us.

Jones, Meech, Jaffery all meh, Jones not worth a raise , 1.150m too much all ready.

Forgot about Stapelton, also UFA 29 at 525k ?????

Mason 35 1.850m love the guy, but I think he wants to play more. Probably going to want a raise, can't see paying a 35 yr old back up over 2m a year?

Flood at 525k very sercviable providing he's not looking for more than 800k or so.

And who is Zubarev, 25 D making 825k in the minors. Not sure who this guy is?

All your numbers look about right BRAN.
    Last edited by wagnall; 03-31-2012 at 11:19 AM.

vCash
    Does anyone think that Kane will even consider a 6 year deal for 29m after what they shelled out for Enstrom. He'd be nuts not to hold out for more.

vCash
    Ladd will want a muligan on that contract. How the hell do they lock Enstrom up for so long and so much. He's not that good., esp. if they keep playing him with Byf., who gets caught up ice so often and this little 5"9" weeble is supposed to cover the giants in front of the net? Put him with Stuart.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wagnall View Post
    Ladd will want a muligan on that contract. How the hell do they lock Enstrom up for so long and so much. He's not that good., esp. if they keep playing him with Byf., who gets caught up ice so often and this little 5"9" weeble is supposed to cover the giants in front of the net? Put him with Stuart.
    I disagree. I believe that Tobias Enstrom is a top 15 defenseman in the NHL.. That contract was pretty much perfect for both sides. At this point, right now, Tobias Enstrom is the best Winnipeg Jet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    I disagree. I believe that Tobias Enstrom is a top 15 defenseman in the NHL.. That contract was pretty much perfect for both sides. At this point, right now, Tobias Enstrom is the best Winnipeg Jet.
    How is he the Jets best player. Whether that was the going rate for him, my point was that Kane will want a very simular contract. And he's 20 and has way more to offer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wagnall View Post
    How is he the Jets best player. Whether that was the going rate for him, my point was that Kane will want a very simular contract. And he's 20 and has way more to offer.
    Every single one of these big players have some flaws. Blake Wheeler, Evander Kane, Dustin Buff, etc. Tobias Enstrom is the most consistent on the roster, and are we forgetting his play in Atlanta. He was a world class player there. Evander Kane is going to be a star, an All-Star, but he hasn't yet. If we're talking about today, I'm grabbing Enstrom.

vCash
    We can agree to disagree, but I see your point on Enstrom. I just want them to lock up Kane now that Ladd is tied up for a while now as well. But I can't see Kane going for the 6/29m. I think his price just went up and would be surprised with other recent signings that he'll want more like 6/33, which to me is still a good deal for Winnipeg.

vCash
    Bogosion gone for 4-6 months. Not great news, if there is a season!

vCash
    The way the Oilers are signing their young guns to 6m per deals, I wonder how Kane is feeling about the 6/29 offer he got. I think his price has gone up. Hope they can get him for 6/33 which is 5.5m per, but he may be looking at some of these 6m per deals and hold out for something close. Hope they get it done soon.

vCash
    The time to sign Kane has come and gone. He's not going to sign anything longterm until this CBA is figured out. And I guess if the year is gone he becomes a FA next season.

vCash
    Players still signing extensions 4 days to lock out. Seguin just signed a 6/34.5 extension. This guy is like Kane, same age, same production, I hope Kane signs this deal before the 15th.