Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    There's a difference between making up regular season offensive firepower and replacing a proven playoff commodity.

Happy Summer 2014. Welcome it in with half an hour of awesome, courtesy of yours truly - Patrick Montgomery - and my new EDM megamix, Why You Heff to Bang Mad?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MacManus View Post
    There's a difference between making up regular season offensive firepower and replacing a proven playoff commodity.
    Correct..to an extent. G had his coming out party..JvR last year...looks like the trend may continue this year w Brayden..who will it be next year? Couts..Read (both these guys may shine this offseason as well)...

If we have a downfall this year it will because our defense..so we may trade a seasoned vet who plays well in the postseason, but we would add help to the defense...like I said it would have to be the right deal.

Edit: we are in the process of replacing a proven playoff commodity in Richards..looked like we've done a great job of that so far.

vCash
    I see your point. I don't really agree with it, but I can see where you're coming from.

Happy Summer 2014. Welcome it in with half an hour of awesome, courtesy of yours truly - Patrick Montgomery - and my new EDM megamix, Why You Heff to Bang Mad?

vCash
    I see your point. I don't really agree with it, but I can see where you're coming from.
    Ditto..I just see the young budding talents we have...quite a few of these actually...IMO our D needs the biggest attention in the off-season...we will be set at forward either way.

vCash
    I can see us dumping Briere...Rinaldo (if he works on his offensive game) moving to the third line and Sesitito becoming a part of the 4th line.

vCash
    I like Sestito and I think he could add a lot on the fourth. My issue right now is that, yes, we do need to work on defense and dumping Briere would free up a lot of cap (and losing Pronger too, etc), it's just the fact that he - unlike Richards - adds a quickness and a variety to this team that few others could replace.

vCash
    You are correct...the only flaw I'm seeing is Wellwood does bring more quickness than Briere...dude can straight Fly.

Just for craps and giggles:

Hartnell Giroux Jagr
    JVR Schenn Simmonds
    Voracek Couturier Rinaldo
    Sesitito Talbot Read

Timonen
    Mezaros Slide in a new young defender in this top four and we have a solid crew
    Grossman Pair them as you please
    Coburn
    Kubina
    Gustafson
    Bourdon
    Bartulius
    Lilja
    Manning

vCash
    And how do you suppose we dump him? He isn't going anywhere until he wants to. No Movement Clause.

vCash
    Idk...buy him to waive the clause...I'm not a GM..obviously...just bs-ing to bs...I don't follow contracts and their nuances.

vCash
    Also, I don't see him waiving the clause...to my dismay if we dangle a player on block I think it will be JVR...who is my favorite Flyer.

vCash
    I actually had my JVR jersey out for Wednesday night's game. I really don't want to see him go but I do think he could net something solid in return.

vCash
    Im 51 stay 49 go on JVR I was really hoping to get to have the chance to see what he could do this year without Richie and Carts... but well we all know how that story went down

1/2 a season at best not much to judge from him.... although he looked good the one thing that did concern me about him was how he played so undisciplined at times he took some real stupid penalties. But regardless I would still like to see him here. His value would be too low to try to trade away i would think.

vCash
    I like Sestito and I think he could add a lot on the fourth. My issue right now is that, yes, we do need to work on defense and dumping Briere would free up a lot of cap (and losing Pronger too, etc), it's just the fact that he - unlike Richards - adds a quickness and a variety to this team that few others could replace.
    Like what? He's got some nice speed, but really what has he shown he can he do other than hit people? Can't play defense, can't stay out of the box, can't PK, can't score. No thanks, I'll take Wellwood.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by delfinko View Post
    Like what? He's got some nice speed, but really what has he shown he can he do other than hit people? Can't play defense, can't stay out of the box, can't PK, can't score. No thanks, I'll take Wellwood.
    this.
    <Meaning and Content>

...And did you see that Giroux goal?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thPrizedFighter View Post
    You are correct...the only flaw I'm seeing is Wellwood does bring more quickness than Briere...dude can straight Fly.

Just for craps and giggles:

Hartnell Giroux Jagr
    JVR Schenn Simmonds
    Voracek Couturier Rinaldo
    Sesitito Talbot Read

Timonen
    Mezaros Slide in a new young defender in this top four and we have a solid crew
    Grossman Pair them as you please
    Coburn
    Kubina
    Gustafson
    Bourdon
    Bartulius
    Lilja
    Manning
    you want to dump a PPG playoff player for Wellwood?, a 4th liner...or Sestito in your lineup? I...just don't know what to say.
    <Meaning and Content>

...And did you see that Giroux goal?

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast