Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I can't place all the blame on Briere's funk solely on Danny.
    For a good portion of the season they were juggling his line mates so it was difficult not just for him, but for all the players getting switched around to find a rhythm and chemistry. They basically left him without a line after allowing Leino to walk (good move) and pairing Hartnell with the top line.
    They seemed to have found something with him, Schenn, and Simmonds... and with him and Jagr on the powerplay and 4 on 4.
    He's picking up assists..I'd like to see some goals but like a lot have mentioned previously the playoffs are coming up and he is fantastic in the playoffs.
    He also brings a ton of leadership and is well respected in the locker room.
    I'd rather a team like we have now... talent across all lines...very well balanced.. than to have two or three max or close to max salaries and have to live or die based off of one or two players.
    Briere's contract hurts but the team is solid and if there was a need there are way's to make a contract work and get under the cap.
    Wouldn't be surprised to see JVR go, Carle is turn-overing himself right out of any contract negotiations lately. Don't know what Pronger's status will be for next season, but its not looking good so hopefully they can keep Grossmann or Kubina or both to replace Prongs and Carle.
    Definitely see the concern for cap space but they've made it work before I am sure they can make it work now without any huge changes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyers4818 View Post
    I can't place all the blame on Briere's funk solely on Danny.
    For a good portion of the season they were juggling his line mates so it was difficult not just for him, but for all the players getting switched around to find a rhythm and chemistry. They basically left him without a line after allowing Leino to walk (good move) and pairing Hartnell with the top line.
    They seemed to have found something with him, Schenn, and Simmonds... and with him and Jagr on the powerplay and 4 on 4.
    He's picking up assists..I'd like to see some goals but like a lot have mentioned previously the playoffs are coming up and he is fantastic in the playoffs.
    He also brings a ton of leadership and is well respected in the locker room.
    I'd rather a team like we have now... talent across all lines...very well balanced.. than to have two or three max or close to max salaries and have to live or die based off of one or two players.
    Briere's contract hurts but the team is solid and if there was a need there are way's to make a contract work and get under the cap.
    Wouldn't be surprised to see JVR go,
    Carle is turn-overing himself right out of any contract negotiations lately. Don't know what Pronger's status will be for next season, but its not looking good so hopefully they can keep Grossmann or Kubina or both to replace Prongs and Carle.
    Definitely see the concern for cap space but they've made it work before I am sure they can make it work now without any huge changes.
    Where exactly is JVR going to go? Looking at the prospects of a healthy JVR for next season is probably the number one reason Briere could be expendable. I wouldn't advocate buying out Briere just to get rid of him...but if there ends up being a need to do so in order to re-tool the defense a little then he's the logical choice to clear a large cap hit.

My guess at this point is that Grossman gets re-signed. He seems to have done very well here and I think Homer/Lavi got a good reminder of the impact a big guy who is physical has for your team. I think he gets signed to a 3 year deal for reasonable dollars at least. To me Kubina is showing some age and a little wear and tear so I think they let him walk at the end of the year. I think regardless of any circumstance they still go after Suter. Matt Carle is the Plan B/C if they can't land a #1 pair type guy.

My feeling is that if Suter will consider leaving Nashville then we have a great shot to get him....

Suter/Kimmo
    Coby/Grossman
    Mez/ Gus or Lilja or Bourdon

If Briere needs to get bought out to get Suter then that's where it happens or to clear space space for a potential Pronger return. In a best case scenario we get Pronger back around Christmas time next season....wishful thinking perhaps but based on Crosby's timeline that's not unreasonable to think it could happen that way for Pronger.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    Where exactly is JVR going to go? Looking at the prospects of a healthy JVR for next season is probably the number one reason Briere could be expendable. I wouldn't advocate buying out Briere just to get rid of him...but if there ends up being a need to do so in order to re-tool the defense a little then he's the logical choice to clear a large cap hit.

My guess at this point is that Grossman gets re-signed. He seems to have done very well here and I think Homer/Lavi got a good reminder of the impact a big guy who is physical has for your team. I think he gets signed to a 3 year deal for reasonable dollars at least. To me Kubina is showing some age and a little wear and tear so I think they let him walk at the end of the year. I think regardless of any circumstance they still go after Suter. Matt Carle is the Plan B/C if they can't land a #1 pair type guy.

My feeling is that if Suter will consider leaving Nashville then we have a great shot to get him....

Suter/Kimmo
    Coby/Grossman

If Briere needs to get bought out to get Suter then that's where it happens or to clear space space for a potential Pronger return. In a best case scenario we get Pronger back around Christmas time next season....wishful thinking perhaps but based on Crosby's timeline that's not unreasonable to think it could happen that way for Pronger.
    I fully agree. I dont see Briere getting bought out just for the sake of making cap room. I think Briere will be traded if they can find a trading partner willing to take on his contract. I think he gets bought out only if it is a precursor to bringing in a top pair d-man like Suter.

vCash
    Briere is not going anywhere.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jc27 View Post
    Briere is not going anywhere.
    the end.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post

Suter/Kimmo
    Coby/Grossman
    dont forget that Bart is actually first in line. This season he's just trapped in AHL, but next year he will probably start off as active so he can remain in the NHL

vCash
    Suter would be nice. But we have some young Dmen that will probably be starting full time next year.

Pronger ?????
    Grossmann
    Coburn
    Timonen
    Meszaros
    Gustafsson
    Bourdon
    Bartulis

Kessel might have and outside chance of making the team.

vCash
    Danny B coming up big tonight.
    <Meaning and Content>

...And did you see that Giroux goal?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by crzyhawk View Post
    Danny B coming up big tonight.
    I knew SOMEBODY would bump this thread tonight

vCash
    had to be done.
    <Meaning and Content>

vCash
    Only if he retires to be with me when I have his kids.

Happy Summer 2014. Welcome it in with half an hour of awesome, courtesy of yours truly - Patrick Montgomery - and my new EDM megamix, Why You Heff to Bang Mad?

vCash
    Why is this even a question? No we do not move Briere. He is a great player worth the money he is being paid. It would be a dumb ***** move to get rid of him. Another thing, have you seen our roster? we are good to contend for the next 5 years. what we need to do is find a replacement for Pronger and resign Jagr to a 2 year deal. That's it. no other moves needed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodWolff23 View Post
    Why is this even a question? No we do not move Briere. He is a great player worth the money he is being paid. It would be a dumb ***** move to get rid of him. Another thing, have you seen our roster? we are good to contend for the next 5 years. what we need to do is find a replacement for Pronger and resign Jagr to a 2 year deal. That's it. no other moves needed.
    Grossmann is that guy I think. He plays with a similar physical edge but granted doesn't put up the offensive numbers Prongs does not sure we need that from though. We need a replacement for Carle if he leaves. MAB is not it. Hopefully Suter if he leaves but I see him either re-signing in Nashville or going to Detroit.

vCash
    Grossmann has really impressed me with his play.
    <Meaning and Content>

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodWolff23 View Post
    I like Briere...but if we need to put him in a package to trade for a stud defender I'd more than likely be okay with it..depending on what we send off and who we get.

Wellwood looks like he is ready to be with the big squad next year..Gustafson can replace Carle and then we just need to replace Prongs..

I agree we need to resign Jagr...but if the right deal came to us i'd probably be for dealing Briere off to sure up our defensive pairings.

A lot of ppl here were worried about replacing Carter and Richies goals....HA I laughed at you then and now again. We'd be fine without Briere
    Last edited by thPrizedFighter; 04-12-2012 at 07:08 PM.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast