Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

UCONN blocks Alex Oriakhi from transferring to Boston College

Wow. I'm sure the first thought of everybody who reads this thinks, "Can they really do that?" Well yes, they can. This happened last year when a Saint Joseph's player was not allowed to transfer to Alabama. The player threatened to sue the school.

This sickens me, as it should do all of you. I hate the Dukies, don't get me wrong, but the fact that UConn is STILL pist that BC left the Big East is just ridiculous. Oriakhi should be able to go wherever he wants. He's a kid. So what if you don't like BC?

But this also tells me he really was considering BC. Look, UConn might've not done this had he said he isn't considering BC as a destanation to transfer. This is a good sign, and a fact that Donahue was clearly going after him, which he should.

The only thing that makes me happy about this is the fact that this likely puts Rutgers ahead for the 15th ACC school spot. Denying not just BC, but Duke, would infuriate the ACC.

This rule should be put down. There is no reason that the NCAA should allow schools to do this. Look, Shakim Phillips transferred from BC to UConn! And BC didn't forbid him from joining the Huskies!
    Link

Looks like UConn won't be sniffing the ACC anytime soon.
    Last edited by B'sCeltsPatsSox; 03-27-2012 at 09:42 PM.

vCash
    I can understand doing this for schools within your conference but everyone else should be fair game for the recruit to transfer to.

vCash
    Can't he "quit" then transfer there?

vCash
    Guy From My HS Goes TO BC (KC Caudill). Don't Want Oriakhi Going There And Blocking Him.

vCash

vCash
    Big pickup for Mizzou, they will also have Jabari Brown eligible in December.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

vCash
    Have fun dealing with the shittiest big man of all time, Mizzou.

vCash
    About time Missouri can say they have a player who has won the NCAA Championship.
    Last edited by Kings Analyst; 04-15-2012 at 02:19 AM.