vCash

Utah/Detroit/

Utah gets:
    Rodney Stuckey
    Jason Maxiell
    2012 2nd rd pick(Houston's)
    2013 2nd rd pick

Detroit gets:
    Utah's 2012 other 1st rd pick(around #21)
    Al JEfferson

vCash
    why the hell would utah make that trade the lose the best player and a first... i get that they might shop al to free up space for their young bigs but that wont lead to them giving up a first for expiring's and second rounders

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    why the hell would utah make that trade the lose the best player and a first... i get that they might shop al to free up space for their young bigs but that wont lead to them giving up a first for expiring's and second rounders
    It was a low offer, but if we threw in Detroit's 2nd rd pick(#36 or so). Utah would be moving down 14 spots in a "strong draft", gaining cap room, adding a piece they seem to want(young sg), plus gaining another 2nd rd pick. Remember 2nd rd picks are not guaranteed contracts, they could free up some $ after next season, or keep the players that fit. It gives them more flexibility going forward. It is known that they would like to free up the front court a bit. They drafted Kanter, have Favors and Milsap. if they wanted to keep Jefferson around, they probably wouldn't have drafted Kanter(I could be wrong). I think it could be done, this is why I should be a litigator.lol
    Last edited by sdsportsfan; 03-29-2012 at 07:51 AM. Reason: editing

vCash
    even with that they wouldnt give up the first... if the deal was the same minus the first i think they'd still have to think about it cause they'd let both players walk and just get two seconds for al