Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Mets' David Wright has muscle tear in rib cage

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/pr...r_in_ribs.html
    PORT ST. LUCIE, Fla. — David Wright’s left rib cage injury has been diagnosed as a muscle tear, but the Mets third baseman said he’ll be ready by opening day.

Wright returned to camp today after receiving a cortisone shot Monday in New York. The injury occurred during a fielding drill early in camp and he hasn’t played in a spring training game this year.

Wright is expected to resume baseball activities Thursday. He said he just needs about two weeks to prepare for the season, which starts April 4.

“I think I’m past the difficult part,” Wright said. “Now it’s just a matter of getting back in the swing of things and making sure that I can get back on the field as soon as my body will allow me to, and then get some at-bats.”

Last week, he had been fielding grounders and running, but not hitting.

Wright said the cortisone shot was the best way for him to get on the field faster, but had the injury occurred during the season, he might have remained in the lineup. He played through the back injury for a while last season before finally getting a diagnosis.

“It wasn’t so much a sharp pain. It’s just more of an uncomfortable cramp,” Wright said of his rib cage injury. “This would have been one of the times where I would have hoped that I could have played through it, but it doesn’t make any sense doing that now.”

vCash
    It's not in the rib cage. It's in the abdominal muscle. Basically he tore his six-pack. As Keith and Ron said the other day. When they played, no one had obliques to injure.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    This is really starting to piss me off.
    asdf

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    But Wright was a stud for us, for many years, and all of a sudden in his prime years, he nowhere near the player he used to be. He needs to go.
    @YoungStuna28

vCash
    How long before a DL trip?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    How long before a DL trip?
    There is no DL in spring training, so no chance. He'll be ready for opening day.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Let's hope the team physicans... give him the cortisone injection in the exact area on his abdomen or else that injection is useless and he'll aggrevate it worse.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    There is no DL in spring training, so no chance. He'll be ready for opening day.
    Well if he injured it worse he could start the season on the 15 day DL. He hasn't played in a ST game yet against live pitching, it's a little premature to say he'll be ready for opening day even if those words came from the horse's mouth. They have to be cautious with him because this was the same guy who had a stress fracture in his back and played with it without telling anyone. Tough as nails but doesn't help the team if he's not healthy and we have to dig up Fernando Tatis from the grave to fill in. lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SILVER SEAVER View Post
    Well if he injured it worse he could start the season on the 15 day DL. He hasn't played in a ST game yet against live pitching, it's a little premature to say he'll be ready for opening day even if those words came from the horse's mouth. They have to be cautious with him because this was the same guy who had a stress fracture in his back and played with it without telling anyone. Tough as nails but doesn't help the team if he's not healthy and we have to dig up Fernando Tatis from the grave to fill in. lol
    I agree 100% that if he injured it worse he might open the season on the DL. The team is being overly cautious with him. It's a slight muscle tear in the abs that he could easily play through, but why should he.

If he can rest for a couple of weeks and then not have it be a nagging pain for the first couple of months, he should work to be as heathy as possible for April 5. If he's still not playing by March 25, he might be at risk for opening day.

Wright is a notoriously slow starter anyway, so getting extra ST at bats really isn't that important. Fewer AB's might actually benefit him.

-Sun Tzu

vCash
    Aaaaand we're back.
    "We're snakebitten, baby." --Fred Wilpon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SJ5382 View Post
    Aaaaand we're back.
    Yep

Don't worry. He's got this.

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    vCash
    Yup.

He's on a mission from God.

I Love NY Mets Baseball!!!!

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73...SB 50 Super Bowl Champions...
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

uapeople you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie6986 View Post
    Yup.

He's on a mission from God.
    this isnt tim tebow here..
    asdf

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    But Wright was a stud for us, for many years, and all of a sudden in his prime years, he nowhere near the player he used to be. He needs to go.
    @YoungStuna28

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by prayforSANTANA View Post
    this isnt tim tebow here..
    True. Wright actually has some talent.

-Sun Tzu

vCash
    True. Wright actually has some talent.
    Yeah, Tim Tebow only helps his team win games and get to the playoffs, what a scrub.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SILVER SEAVER View Post
    Yeah, Tim Tebow only helps his team win games and get to the playoffs, what a scrub.
    The defense and the running game got the Broncos to the playoffs. The Broncos started looking for a replacement the day the season ended.

Teabow was a terrific feal good story last season, but he's not a legitimate NFL QB.

-Sun Tzu

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast