Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Kevin Durant Trying To Do What Only Shaq, Iverson & Jordan have done.

The Oklahoma City Thunder's Kevin Durant won this yr's All-Star Game MVP Award.

But he is also 1 of the top 2 candidates for this yr's League MVP Award with his competition being the Miami Heat's LeBron James.

The reigning 2x scoring champion is currently second in the league in scoring at 27.9 PPG behind the Los Angeles Lakers' Kobe Bryant at 28.3 PPG.

In recent history only Michael Jordan (1996 & 1998)-CHI, Shaquille O'Neal (2000)-LAL and Allen Iverson (2001)-PHI have won league MVP honors, All-star game MVP honors and a scoring title in the same season.

Of those 3, Shaq (2000) and MJ (96 & 98) won the championship with the Finals MVP. Iverson made it to the finals, but lost to the Lakers.

Just thought it was interesting and wanted to point out the legendary names that KD can join, especially if he makes it to the finals and wins a championship and finals MVP.

vCash
    Too bad he'll come up short this year.

Wiesbaden Germany, By way of Philadelphia
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandDaddyPurp View Post
    Yo! Sick bro! How did you learn to look into the future?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Philapsychosis View Post
    idk bout looking into future but to accomplish everything....scoring title(he's behind kobe for now)....MVP(pretty sure voter's would give it to LeBron at this point)....reaching the finals(he possibly could)...and winning finals MVP(assuming he wins a ring this year)....i'll take my chance and say he's not gonna accomplish all that....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by javaid64 View Post
    idk bout looking into future but to accomplish everything....scoring title(he's behind kobe for now)....MVP(pretty sure voter's would give it to LeBron at this point)....reaching the finals(he possibly could)...and winning finals MVP(assuming he wins a ring this year)....i'll take my chance and say he's not gonna accomplish all that....
    He's got a decent shot of winning the MVP but favorite at this point is LeBron. He needs to get his avg over 30 to win it.

vCash
    I really hope he does accomplish it
    He deserves it

- Durant (35)
    - Ibaka (9) Go Okc!!!
    - Westbrook (0)

vCash
    spank Miami one more time and I'd say that MVP is his

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by xk4 View Post
    Crap like this makes absolutely no sense. So if the Bulls were to sweep the Heat in the regular season then should we give the MVP to Rose?

Just because James and Durant are 1a and 1b in the MVP race, you don't take their regular season matchups into account to decide the winner. The MVP award is given to the player who had the best year individually against all the teams in the league.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Philapsychosis View Post
    It's a secret, bro! You just gotta trust me!

vCash
    Crap like this makes absolutely no sense. So if the Bulls were to sweep the Heat in the regular season then should we give the MVP to Rose?

Just because James and Durant are 1a and 1b in the MVP race, you don't take their regular season matchups into account to decide the winner. The MVP award is given to the player who had the best year individually against all the teams in the league.
    So the team record has no effect on MVP standings then?!?

Is that what you are trying to tell us??? Cause when I looked over all the winners of this award at least for the last 10 years or so they have always had the best record in there conference. I'm pretty sure the record makes a difference and the heat currently have the same record as last year. It's never really been based on individual stats only.

P.S

Thunder are the best in the West
    Last edited by ghettosean; 03-26-2012 at 06:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by knicksfan42 View Post
    ...For me a large part of it is that they were rivals. LeBron vs Wade was a great rivalry and for them to team up just doesn't sit right with me. It would've been cool if LeBron had gone to the Bulls.....
    and Bosh to the Heat to join Wade. That would've been awesome... I would've respected LeBron way more if he went there.
    Why have great rivals when you can join them and have none.... Lebron James where losing the spirit of competition happens!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by xk4 View Post
    I would think so also.

Quote Originally Posted by knicksfan42 View Post
    ...For me a large part of it is that they were rivals. LeBron vs Wade was a great rivalry and for them to team up just doesn't sit right with me. It would've been cool if LeBron had gone to the Bulls.....
    and Bosh to the Heat to join Wade. That would've been awesome... I would've respected LeBron way more if he went there.
    Why have great rivals when you can join them and have none.... Lebron James where losing the spirit of competition happens!

vCash

Disagree. It's possible to put up amazing numbers on a 10 win team. MVP should be more about intangibles, which is why I think Derrick Rose won last year

Lebron James is the strongest, most talented and versitle guy in the league right now and he doesn't deliver when he really has to. Durant steps up every night.
    Last edited by xk4; 03-26-2012 at 05:46 PM.

vCash
    He looks like a good bet to do it this year, best of luck to him.
    With the deepest of regrets I am announcing that I will be leaving Pro Sports Daily. No reason in particular but wanted to thank everyone for a great 6 years here. Lots of great discussion and good poll series as well. Also fun re-drafts. Best of luck to you all in the future.

vCash
    This. Lebron's having one of the best seasons of all time when it comes to some of the advanced statistics. For Durant to win season MVP, the votes must be absolutely rigged (as in people are still mad ad LBJ).

Also OKC might not come out of the West. I see a team like Memphis (who matched up with them really well last year), or a team that has offensive power down low (E.g. Lakers) causing serious problems

On Russel Westbrook's Chances at Defensive Player of the Year:

Quote Originally Posted by Money_23 View Post
    I think he has a good case. He's the only guy who can hold Durant to under 30 points a game.

Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    Sometimes, perception isn't reality.

But Tittays are forever.

vCash
    if LeBron doesn't win the MVP with his numbers and team success, its yet another blemish to the award.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast